Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2018 6:38 pm  #1

How do you know if getting your ex back is the right thing?

Hi everybody,

I hope you're all well. I just wondered if anybody had any advice on the following.

One day I'm imagining the ideal relationship with an entirely new person; other days I can't seem to get my ex out of my head. However, I'm not 100% sure I want him back. That said, over the last six months, more and more signs have been popping up here, there and everywhere - lots of Ex-back advice and ads from YouTubers (I hadn't searched for anything relating to getting an ex back in years, but it's popping up all over the place!) One of the videos even had an ad underneath it with my ex's name in big bold letters, which did make me pause for a moment and was pretty hard to ignore. 
He left me four years ago, so understandably I felt as though things were unfinished as I was the dumpee. At the time he was going through a very stressful stage of training in his career, and the break up also hit him pretty hard. However, within three weeks of separating he had established a relationship with someone else who lived in another country. Four years on they are still together, happily or unhappily I am not sure and we have not spoken for at least a good couple of years.

1. I'm wrestling with guilt on the level that - should you pursue using LOA to get your ex back if he/she is with someone else? Is that morally right? However, if it's a feeling inside you that you simply can't shake, does that fall under higher self/intuition, or is it simply selfish desire?
2. I don't know why these feelings are coming up now. I have not seen or spoken to him in so long, and have since had another relationship myself. But it's just something that I can't shake.
3. I don't want to want him. I'm settling into a new career, due to move to a new location in the autumn and fully aware that there is probably a wonderful gentleman out there a lot more suited to me. But... I. Just. Can't. Shake. It. And it's becoming too hard to ignore. Therefore... Is it worth finding out?

Calling all LOA gurus - any advice you have would be most gratefully appreciated. Thank you (and apologies for the essay!)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Common Blue 

3/16/2018 7:21 pm  #2

Re: How do you know if getting your ex back is the right thing?

The mere feeling of guilt shows you that you are focused in the wrong direction while having that feeling. I think there are lots of opinions on the topic of morals and in the end, you have to decide which kind you want to apply for your life. For me, I would see it as morally wrong, if you went and punched her in the face or stabbed her with a knife. But your thoughts are yours, aren't they? Is it morally right to force you to think thoughts that does feel crappy so that another person can feel better? I assume that those thoughts about them being together while you want him don't feel good, right? It would feel better, if you would feel that he totally wants you. So wouldn't it be morally wrong to keep thinking the thoughts that hurt you? I mean it's just thought. Most people don't care at all what they are thinking. They curse people in their minds. Is that morally right? They aren't even aware of what they are doing all the time. So as long as you imagine the best possible outcome for all parties, I personally don't see a moral problem here. As long as you don't imagine her dying, you are fine. Your feelings will guide you anyway. What one could define as morally wrong won't feel good to you.

Desires are nothing you can control. They come from your higher part and you wouldn't have them, if there wasn't a way to realize them. I know what you are talking about. Happened to me as well that I suddenly wanted a guy back after a while. I can't explain where it was coming from - no idea. But I think if something like that comes up for you there is something to learn/experience there. If you don't follow it, you will probably have regrets about it later. On the other hand, it's your choice, if you want to follow the hint or not.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

Neville Goddard ~ The Law and the Promise

3/16/2018 8:04 pm  #3

I agree with Sanshi. They are only thoughts, you have them for some sort of reason, and nobody but you knows what your thoughts are unless you tell them. I also consider it morally wrong to physically hurt the person and that it isn't a good idea to wish them evil or to die, but you don't really even know if your ex is happy with the new person or not or what their relationship is really like. You can only go by superficial, outward appearances. For all you know, he might be miserable and want you back. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. I can tell you that my ex-husband is far from happy with his new 'relationship' and has told me how depressed he is a lot of the time. He's so afraid of being alone that he is buying this person who doesn't give a monkey's toss about him, only the money and free holidays he's paid for for her and the fact that he is practically financially supporting her in her own residence whilst she calls all of the shots, controls and dominates him, coming and going as she pleases, treating him like a doormat to walk on, and considers me such a threat that she insisted that he cut me out of his life, although she hasn't completely succeeded with that, as we still talk on the phone without her knowledge. (I don't want him back, by the way. No, thanks.) This has been going on for several years now. His health has suffered considerably because of this. He's been falling apart physically, and he's like an old man before his time. I'm not saying this is true of your ex, only that you really don't know what is going on with him and the other person he's with. What have you really got to lose, if you think you want him back, by imagining the two of you back together and happy? This other person might be happier with somebody else as well.

The first man to raise a fist is the man who has run out of ideas.

3/16/2018 8:10 pm  #4

Cynthia wrote:

You can only go by superficial, outward appearances. For all you know, he might be miserable and want you back. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.

That's so important. You can never know. There is no way to figure out how they really feel about their relationship. Even if they told you they were the happiest person in the world, it's no proof that this is accurate. The only thing that is important is your assumption about it and that is based on your beliefs. So what he feels is really unimportant. What is important is what you assume he feels. That's what creates your reality. And when you can't ever know if he is happy or not, why not assuming the best you can?

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

3/17/2018 8:52 pm  #5

One also very important thing is if you do decide you want to manifest your ex back, you can't be thinking you can have someone better, because its a contradiction and if you do get him back it won't be the best. You have to be fully one way or another. I think you should go for your ex, but either way good luck!

3/18/2018 1:52 pm  #6

Guys, thank you ever so much. I really appreciate all of your help, and taking the time to get back to me. I guess we're going for it then! I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you for everything  

3/19/2018 9:55 am  #7

simplycassidy24 wrote:

One also very important thing is if you do decide you want to manifest your ex back, you can't be thinking you can have someone better, because its a contradiction and if you do get him back it won't be the best. You have to be fully one way or another. I think you should go for your ex, but either way good luck!

From my personal experience, this isn't true. I've focused on general templates for new love, set the intention for someone new and then get into a state of feeling loved - and funny enough it's the old person who pops back in my life and wants to go out. Didn't focus on her at all. So being general about love will not block an ex.

3/19/2018 10:59 am  #8

I have a success story of attracting back a specific person after being split for a while. We ended up splitting again because we both were growing in different directions and I realized that it wasn't really her I wanted - I just wanted to repeat the past and have that great connection again, I wanted to feel loved and admired. And my ego couldn't get over the split, I hate failing. I would reminisce and imagine her and me and it felt so happy, it felt like a broken part of me was finally mended. But when we went out again, it was obvious we both changed and it wasn't the happy experience I thought it would be, I wanted more than just her - I wanted someone I could be me with, but the problem was that we both changed with time so she was not a good match for the new me like she was for the old me. We still text sometimes, we still see each other sometimes. Sometimes I feel desire for her, sometimes I think I should try again and attract her back - but that's usually when I'm feeling stressed, lonely, and unloved. When we feel this way we tend to go back to our comfort zone forgetting the less than rosy aspects of it, like craving sugar when we're stressed. But when I'm genuinely happy and feeling loved - I don't really think of her or feel desire for her.

So, I'm coming at this from a different angle than most. Take time to really figure out what you want. You might feel desire for him, but that desire may be because you're feeling unloved and stressed or your ego wants to fix the past because it hasn't been at peace since (and if that's the case - forgiveness, self-love, and forming better beliefs about yourself is probably better). I'm not saying this to be mean or to discourage you, but take it from someone who has a "success story"...getting a person back isn't really a success story, the real success story is the love and happiness and self-connection. Self-knowledge is power. So first take time to reflect, meditate, get to the root of your desire and feelings, trust your intuition. I wish I trusted my intuition more instead of always giving in to my ego because the ego is always very limited, it holds us in.

Then here's what I would do: focus on the feeling of love and being loved, find the feeling that you already have a very happy relationship that makes you feel so happy, loved, and connected. Don't focus on your ex, just imagine it's done, imagine you're feeling wonderful after spending time with your boyfriend, and go for the feeling of being loved. Don't think of it, think from the position of having it.

Why shouldn't you focus on your ex? Because you could end up being more attached to the idea of him which makes it so much harder to move on, to accept love from others, and harder to accept your different paths in life. If you still have junk from the past like anger and sadness, focusing on the ex can make you feel much more imbalanced, so you're probably better off letting go of the old baggage first. This doesn't mean your ex will not come back into your life, but what do you really want - your ex or the feelings of love and connection, the experiences you expect to have by being with him? Most people on this forum want an ex back so badly and they will tell you not to focus on the "how", but because they are so attached to their ex they forget to mention that the ex is a "how" too. What they really want is the state of love and happy relationship, the ex is just another "how" for that to happen.

3/20/2018 5:38 am  #9

I agree with most of what you said. However, I think you are contradicting yourself. If it is only about being happy, isn't a relationship already pretty specific? Why limiting yourself to a relationship? Maybe collecting stamps is what would make you REALLY happy? The "don't go for a specific person, go for a general relationship" is like saying "don't eat chocolate, eat suger, that's healthier". It's basically the same thing. If it is really just about happiness, you don't need a romantic relationship. But then you don't need any desires at all. It's more the approach of Buddhism than the LoA approach and I don't think that those are fully compatible. Either you get rid of your desires or you see them as a hint from God, your higher self, whatever for what you want and what is in reach for you to experience. Sure, many people here want their person back out of desperation and soon they will find out that it's not really the person they want. But that's not true for everyone. I personally prefer your experience..you want someone back, you get them back, you see that it doesn't fit anymore and you both can go your way without any regrets. But what if you hadn't had that experience? Maybe you would still want her on some level..you would ponder how it were to be with her again or how it could have turned out. My mother had a guy around 40 years ago. He broke up with her and everytime she talks about him I see in her face how she asks herself how it could have turned out. She asked me often to look if I can find him online. It's been 40 years and I don't feel that she is over him. If she would meet him today, it would probably show her that he isn't the guy anymore he was 40 years ago and she would be able to let go of him. In my experience, it doesn't hurt so much when a relationship ends that you have outgrown. You can close that chapter. So why not trying? It could also be a successul new start.

Board footera