Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/20/2017 12:02 pm  #1

I honestly would've preferred no response at all...

So I posted earlier about sending my ex an email...I was in a good place and had no attachment to it, it was sincere, and it was just condolences during what I know was a difficult time. I didn't care if he responded or not because it came from a place of just not being heartless. I don't have any bad feelings about him or the relationship at all, all is 100% forgiven, my sole focus is me right now.

What I'm dealing with right now is my initial reaction to his response and typing the feelings out helps me to get back into alignment. (I'll be purchasing more emails from Veronica this week too, I'm needing them again...which if you guys haven't before, I highly recommend it because she's great.)ย 

Does anyone else know the feeling, like when you're reading a text or something, you can kind of feel the energy behind it? I think that's what I'm feeling right now, but I'm not sure if it was his energy or mine. I'm not carrying on the conversation at all and just leaving it be because I know my true intentions behind it, and there was no motive for me other than extending condolences. But the response I got was a very cold, one word, "thanks." It's not like I sent a novel, it was like 2 sentences. but my initial reaction to single word responses is typically "really? are you serious?"ย 

I know this is me reacting to the physical circumstances which isn't exactly right. Plus, there's no way to know for sure what place a person is coming from when they say "thanks" in that way. My initial reaction has always been negative like I said, but I need to clear that belief and just take a thank you for what it is...a thank you. My limiting beliefs (which I thought I cleared months ago) are kind of coming back, the ones that say "he hates you." Which even when I do look at the circumstances, he's never said that, other people have tried to put it in my head, like his fake friends. His real friends (which I don't keep in contact with, just one former coworker that happened to be kinda close to him) had said he's just miserable and going through the motions and doesn't talk about me at all. That was awhile ago though but just for the sake of argument, the people that actually care about HIM were all cool with me.ย 

I'm just getting the feelings down so that I don't dwell on them later. in all reality it's the limiting beliefs causing me to internally overreact. This doesn't determine the course of my manifestation. For all I know, the negative energy I felt in his response probably isn't hatred for me, it's grief. In REALITY he has no reason to hate me because I never did anything bad to him.ย 

Thoughts?

True forgiveness is accepting the apology you have not yet received.ย 

2/20/2017 12:08 pm  #2

Re: I honestly would've preferred no response at all...

I think this is another one of those things where the answer is within me, but I really like hearing all of your perspectives and it helps me kind of get to the answer that I already have, if that makes sense.ย 

2/20/2017 12:17 pm  #3

I think "Thank u" is a very decent answer. There is no negativity here at all. You have been a wonderful human being to reach out at a time of crisis and he responded to it with a thank u which means a lot. I sincerely feel it was wonderful as he KNOWS THAT U STILL REMEMBER HIS CRISIS.....who does that. Right now, just forget about it and move on, Somehow I feel he will get in touch again in the near future.Just keep the vibes a little positive. ย ย 

2/20/2017 12:25 pm  #4

Be grateful that he replied. Thank you is a fine response. Though I do understand where you are coming from. For one year my guy cut all contact with me and when I sent him an email on his birthday to say happy birthday he also replied thank you. I felt like crap. So, i get where you are coming from. However, now me and him are back to being in really good contact..he initiated the contact again. So, please only have good feelingsย 

ย 

2/20/2017 12:36 pm  #5

I'm not sure why his response is negative.  He responded positively.  You must have cared if he responded and how he would respond. The title for your post shows you were looking more.

Last edited by Suzy (2/20/2017 12:44 pm)

2/20/2017 1:07 pm  #6

I think a hang up that many have is expecting instant reactions or change. When it doesn't go that way,ย  they are flooded with discouragement. Just because you were in alignment per say about the email, doesn't mean it would instantly go as you desire.ย  Who knows, maybe he will email you more later.

I do think that you are over acting. He is mourning, yet he acknowledged that you reached out and showed his appreciation.ย 

The Universe is your playground.

2/20/2017 3:51 pm  #7

All of you are right. In essence, thanks isn't a negative response but my limiting beliefs from before and feelings had convinced me that it was. See this is why I like hearing your perspectives! Because I knew these were old feelings based on anxiety that was interpreting everything in the wrong way.ย 

I think that based on how I was feeling, and how I was interpreting the response it would've been better to hear nothing back.

2/20/2017 3:52 pm  #8

collie wrote:

Be grateful that he replied. Thank you is a fine response. Though I do understand where you are coming from. For one year my guy cut all contact with me and when I sent him an email on his birthday to say happy birthday he also replied thank you. I felt like crap. So, i get where you are coming from. However, now me and him are back to being in really good contact..he initiated the contact again. So, please only have good feelingsย 

ย 

I'm glad you can relate because it's really hard to explain!!! But I am glad that you are back in a good place again. I shouldn't see this as a road block at all. ย 

2/20/2017 4:24 pm  #9

Suzy wrote:

I'm not sure why his response is negative. He responded positively. You must have cared if he responded and how he would respond. The title for your post shows you were looking more.

I do see your point. I think it was one of those things where I didn't realize there was a part of me hoping for more until more didn't happen.ย 

2/20/2017 4:29 pm  #10

Turn it on it's head. You're thinking it's negative because it's hard to gauge from a single word. Remember, you are a creator. He means it in whatever way you read it.

So it's positive! He's so overwhelmed by the confused feelings over his grief, and doesn't know quite how to respond because he really appreciates that you've shown you care and are thinking of him on this difficult day. So he's kept it short and simple for now.

You could've got silence. You could've got an "f off". You didn't. You got his gratitude for your caring nature. You got his thanks for showing some support while he's vulnerable on a difficult day. You've had a positive interaction, an acknowledgement of your good heart. Celebrate that instead of attracting hardness or silence, you've attracted soft gratitude for your loving thoughts.

Well done. keep the positive. There's no negative here. โค๏ธ

Board footera