Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/29/2019 6:10 pm  #1

Long distance

I have a general question    I’m not sure where to put this

I know some people are against long distance, and might not think of it as a “real relationship”.  But with how the world is now, you can meet people all over the world, and easier than ever with social media      And as you know, once you start talking to someone, sometimes the vibes are amazing and it’s just special

So people may think it’s harder to attract a person, but wouldn’t the same simple techniques still apply?    It’s ojlt hard if we think it’s hard

I guess with most people, even if they want to do it.  They might have fears that the other person might not want to or they might be scared away by the distance.    But it’s like anything else, right?  It’s us pushed out.   So we have to get rid of any doubts     Even if the person mdvdr did long distance, we have to know for you, they will

7/30/2019 1:49 am  #2

Re: Long distance

In the terms of long distance relationships you describe, where people meet on line, I'd argue it's almost impossible to classify it as a romantic relationship until there's been personal interaction and you're sure of feelings for each other. Until then it remains a possibility or a flirtation. Feelings can run high though as can anticipation, as I know from experience. When I met the guy in reality, I didn't fancy him at all, but he felt differently. This was a person I got chatting to on a history discussion board, so the initial contact wasn't with romantic intentions. He didn't look like his photos and we just weren't suited anyway. But we did keep in contact as friends (he is now married with three kids!). It's easy to be carried away with this type of thing. 

The old definition of a long distance relationship was probably meeting someone on holiday, or a partner taking a job in another country or region which is a different situation altogether.

I'd agree that anything is possible with living in the end of the wish fulfilled, but if the person is someone you don't know in real life perhaps more imagination and creativity is necessary to create exactly what you want? And of course there are many successes where people have met in this way and gone on to long lasting relationships, marriage etc. An interesting topic you've brought up here!

Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.

7/30/2019 7:23 am  #3

Dan2015 wrote:

I have a general question    I’m not sure where to put this

I know some people are against long distance, and might not think of it as a “real relationship”.  But with how the world is now, you can meet people all over the world, and easier than ever with social media      And as you know, once you start talking to someone, sometimes the vibes are amazing and it’s just special

So people may think it’s harder to attract a person, but wouldn’t the same simple techniques still apply?    It’s ojlt hard if we think it’s hard

I guess with most people, even if they want to do it.  They might have fears that the other person might not want to or they might be scared away by the distance.    But it’s like anything else, right?  It’s us pushed out.   So we have to get rid of any doubts     Even if the person mdvdr did long distance, we have to know for you, they will

Of course it's like anything else. I did it myself before there was any internet and long before I ever heard of Neville. We were married for many years.

Last edited by Cynthia (7/30/2019 7:29 am)

The first man to raise a fist is the man who has run out of ideas.

7/30/2019 12:45 pm  #4

PrettyFlamingo wrote:

In the terms of long distance relationships you describe, where people meet on line, I'd argue it's almost impossible to classify it as a romantic relationship until there's been personal interaction and you're sure of feelings for each other. Until then it remains a possibility or a flirtation. Feelings can run high though as can anticipation, as I know from experience. When I met the guy in reality, I didn't fancy him at all, but he felt differently. This was a person I got chatting to on a history discussion board, so the initial contact wasn't with romantic intentions. He didn't look like his photos and we just weren't suited anyway. But we did keep in contact as friends (he is now married with three kids!). It's easy to be carried away with this type of thing. 

The old definition of a long distance relationship was probably meeting someone on holiday, or a partner taking a job in another country or region which is a different situation altogether.

I'd agree that anything is possible with living in the end of the wish fulfilled, but if the person is someone you don't know in real life perhaps more imagination and creativity is necessary to create exactly what you want? And of course there are many successes where people have met in this way and gone on to long lasting relationships, marriage etc. An interesting topic you've brought up here!

PF I see your point with the first paragraph     But I think it’s A LOT different with the newer generations    Like people who are 18-30.    Every generation has their “thing”.    But for people who grew up right in the digital age.  Meeting friends, romantic interests, etc online has became a norm.   I know A LOT of people who met off twitter, tinder, etc(whether they live close or far)  and they end up married or close friends

For people 30 and under.  Meeting people off apps have became almost as normal as meeting people in school, at work, at the gym, etc    I think it’s a generational thing(obviously like anything else, there’s exceptions)     It might sound weird/different to you or others. But for a lot of people in the 30 and under crowd it’s normal

Especially with how easy it is going places.  Airplanes, trains, Uber, etc.   I see what you’re saying, about maybe when they meet in person the vibe could be off or whatever    But with LOA(for the people who know it). It should be pretty easy

I can see why some wouldn’t think of it as being a real romantic relationship     But for people(obviously there’s older people who would agree with this and younger people who would disagree) who are 30 and under.  It has become just like any other romantic relationship.   Of course there’s pros and cons.  But even in non long distant relationships there’s pros and cons

7/30/2019 1:04 pm  #5

I'm not that far ahead of 30!

7/30/2019 2:12 pm  #6

Haha. But for the real young crowd.  This is pretty normal

I see your points though lol

7/30/2019 2:52 pm  #7

I go to football with a guy I got chatting to on my team's Facebook supporters' page, but that isn't romantic. He's got a girlfriend, and we just meet up for football matches. So yes of course we meet our friends in all sorts of ways. I think I was about 28 when I met him.

8/16/2019 12:42 am  #8

PrettyFlamingo wrote:

Hi! I might need your advice too. It's the similar situation.
I met my guy online but he flew to my country to meet me after knowing each other for a month, and then he broke up with me few days after he returned to his country.
I posted my story in the Forum as well, not sure if I am allowed to post the link here.

★ If everything that can happen, happens. Then we can never really do the wrong thing. We're just doing what we're supposed to. 🐈
☆ Don't be sad that it's over, be glad that it happened. 🌟 Learn to let go and be clear of where you really want to head for. 🦄
★擁有的都是僥倖,失去的都是宿命。🔮 看清了就看輕了。時間讓深的更深,淺的更淺。💃

Board footera