Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/16/2019 9:22 am  #1

Changing a "I do not want..." statement to an intention

How do I change "I do not want to see this person ever again" to an intention? From what I understand about LOA, the universe disregards the "I do not want" and still gives you whatever you focus on. I'm struggling with the wording to change the statement from a negative to a positive.

I'm constantly running into a creepy ex-customer even at places far from my old workplace. I haven't seen or thought of him in the last year and yet I keep seeing him in the past month. It's so frustrating to have to see this creep constantly and yet I haven't been able to manifest running into my specific person whom I think about at least once a day =(

Any input is very, very much appreciated. Much love!

6/16/2019 9:44 am  #2

Re: Changing a "I do not want..." statement to an intention

jlt wrote:

How do I change "I do not want to see this person ever again" to an intention? From what I understand about LOA, the universe disregards the "I do not want" and still gives you whatever you focus on. I'm struggling with the wording to change the statement from a negative to a positive.

I'm constantly running into a creepy ex-customer even at places far from my old workplace. I haven't seen or thought of him in the last year and yet I keep seeing him in the past month. It's so frustrating to have to see this creep constantly and yet I haven't been able to manifest running into my specific person whom I think about at least once a day =(

Any input is very, very much appreciated. Much love!

How about something like, I intend to feel safe from this person? How does seeing this person make you feel? I would focus on that and focus on creating the opposite feeling in yourself.

Also, you could maybe try using the rubbing out technique on this person. There are videos about it on YouTube if you’re not familiar with it.

6/16/2019 9:54 am  #3

You could try the decree method as quoted in The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy.

Here is the exact quotation:

Power goes into our word according to the feeling and faith behind it. When we realise the power that moves the world is moving on our behalf and is backing up our word, our confidence and assurance grow. You do not try and add power to power; therefore, there must be no mental striving, coercion, force, or mental wrestling.

A young girl used the decree method on a young man who was constantly phoning her, pressing her for dates, and meeting her at her place of business; she found it very difficult to get rid of him. She decreed as follows: 'I release......unto God. He is in his true place at all times. I am free, and he is free. I now decree that my words go forth into infinite mind and it brings it to pass. It is so.' She said he vanished and she has never seen him since, adding, 'It was as though the ground swallowed him up.'

You could, of course, choose your own words and phrase this in whatever way is meaningful to you.

The first man to raise a fist is the man who has run out of ideas.

6/17/2019 7:58 am  #4

fizzy wrote:

Also, you could maybe try using the rubbing out technique on this person. There are videos about it on YouTube if you’re not familiar with it.

Thank you for the rubbing out technique suggestion. I was too focused on rewording the statement instead of trying other techniques. I've used the rubbing out technique successfully before, so I intend for it to help me in this situation =)

Cynthia wrote:

You could try the decree method as quoted in The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful knowledge. Love how empowering this decree is. And I've never heard of this book. Going to pick it up from my local library.

Appreciate fizzy and Cynthia for taking the time to reply. Much love!

6/17/2019 9:45 am  #5

jlt wrote:

Thank you for the rubbing out technique suggestion. I was too focused on rewording the statement instead of trying other techniques. I've used the rubbing out technique successfully before, so I intend for it to help me in this situation =)

You’re welcome And I just want to point out that words don’t matter. What matters is the feeling the intentions create. So sometimes it’s easier to consider the feeling you want first and then create your intentions off of that.

6/17/2019 10:28 am  #6

You're welcome. I have to disagree about words not mattering. Your words can be very powerful. I personally have said things without feeling or intending anything and have them come true, sometimes even years later (not to mention that I was verbally abused daily growing up and beyond, and those words had a powerful negative impact on me).

There is a story in the book you're going to be reading in which there was a girl who had been ill for some time and doctors couldn't work out what was wrong with her. Her father repeated on a regular basis, 'I would give my right arm to see my daughter cured.' This happened in England, where we drive on the left side of the road. One day they were out driving in the car and there was an 'accident' in which the father's right arm was severed, and his daughter was instantly cured. His desire was for his daughter to be cured, obviously not to lose his right arm. That is an expression that I've often heard to convey that the person saying it really wants something. They don't mean it literally, but their subconscious mind can and will take it literally, as in this case, so watch what you say. Do you think this man imagined !osing his arm or intended losing his arm when he said those words? No, I doubt that very much. That wasn't what he really wanted, and if he had known how literally his subconscious mind would take those words I daresay he would have chosen different ones. Your words ARE important.

6/17/2019 10:38 am  #7

Cynthia wrote:

You're welcome. I have to disagree about words not mattering. Your words can be very powerful. I personally have said things without feeling or intending anything and have them come true, sometimes even years later (not to mention that I was verbally abused daily growing up and beyond, and those words had a powerful negative impact on me).

There is a story in the book you're going to be reading in which there was a girl who had been ill for some time and doctors couldn't work out what was wrong with her. Her father repeated on a regular basis, 'I would give my right arm to see my daughter cured.' This happened in England, where we drive on the left side of the road. One day they were out driving in the car and there was an 'accident' in which the father's right arm was severed, and his daughter was instantly cured. His desire was for his daughter to be cured, obviously not to lose his right arm. That is an expression that I've often heard to convey that the person saying it really wants something. They don't mean it literally, but their subconscious mind can and will take it literally, as in this case, so watch what you say. Do you think this man imagined !osing his arm or intended losing his arm when he said those words? No, I doubt that very much. That wasn't what he really wanted, and if he had known how literally his subconscious mind would take those words I daresay he would have chosen different ones. Your words ARE important.

I said that because I feel  that they should figure out the state they want to be in and create phrases or intentions off of that, not the other way around in this case. There have been examples where people mindlessly say affirmations and nothing comes of it, because they are only saying words.

Last edited by fizzy (6/17/2019 10:46 am)

6/17/2019 1:01 pm  #8

I've seen many of those people with the mindless affirmations, too, but in the case of the man with the severed arm, what he said was not mindless repetition. Mindless and wrong choice of words, of course, but not mindless repetition, and his words were all bound up with his strong desire for his daughter to be cured so the outcome was inevitable.

6/18/2019 7:25 am  #9

fizzy wrote:

Cynthia wrote:

I said that because I feel  that they should figure out the state they want to be in and create phrases or intentions off of that, not the other way around in this case. There have been examples where people mindlessly say affirmations and nothing comes of it, because they are only saying words.

I've manifested two similar situations using a different technique for each of them. I used the rubbing out technique on a former co-worker whom I couldn't stand being around because he complained all the time and just had a lot of negative energy with him. I visualised rubbing out his cartoon image and then created the state that I wanted to be in whenever I was at work. Nothing happened for over a month until a week into my month-long sabbatical. I received a text saying that he got fired. In the second situation, I simply told a friend that I intend for another co-worker to move on to a job more suitable for him. He was let go by the company within two days. I then found out that he has a better job now.

Base on these experiences, I've proven to myself that I can manifest using different techniques. I've also manifested people giving me free plates of food within a second of having a fleeting thought, with no emotion or feeling involved. In the situation involving the creep, I'd a preference of just setting the intention with just words and dropping it. I prefer not to have feelings involved as I find that they create an attachment to the situation for me, even if the feelings are the opposite of what I do not want. With just statements, it's much easier on my psyche, especially when I need to use it in future applications to get rid of annoying people from my space =)

Thank you both fizzy and Cynthia once again for the input. I've gained a lot of clarity about LOA in general from this entire discussion for sure. Now, to get back to happier thoughts and feelings about my specific person =)

(If anyone sees this, it'd be wonderful if you could imagine me posting on this forum that I'm happily together with my SP romantically. Only if you want to, of course. Many thanks if you do imagine!)

6/19/2019 2:46 am  #10

jlt wrote:

Based on these experiences, I've proven to myself that I can manifest using different techniques.

I wanted to point out that I actually do agree with what you’ve said here. The ultimate truth underlying everything is that you make up everything, therefore you alone create the ‘rules’ for how things manifest. I’ve looked into teachings that focus only on WHO (you as God) and not on WHAT (which ‘thing’, ‘method’, or ‘technique’ manifests) and I find it a lot easier for me to give advice from that viewpoint, though I don’t want to come off as confusing. The techniques that Neville used and all others are valid because of who you are. Glad I was able to help along with Cynthia. Best wishes

Last edited by fizzy (6/19/2019 3:02 am)

Board footera