Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/20/2018 5:14 pm  #11

Re: Belief

Dr Joe Dispenza, a neuroscientist that healed himself from something like four broken vertebrae that had caused other complications, using just his imagination, and dedicated the rest of his life to teaching this stuff. Same principles as Neville but he goes deeper into the biology of it. Not saying it's necessary to know all that but I personally find it interesting.

I've done all of those techniques, used self-hypnosis successfully about 10 years ago to lose weight. The issue I had was persisting, seeing it through to completion, with other goals. I don't find visualization easy so without that I kind of gave up, not gave up, but sort of forgot how powerful it all is. I can do it sometimes but my mind gets so distracted by all sorts of random thoughts. I found a technique called image streaming which I found helpful the first time so I'm going to start doing that again. You just record yourself describing images you are seeing in your mind and it gets easier to make it more detailed. And then listening back to it is useful as well. That's why I do more scripting, because it helps me in the mean time while I'm developing this ability to imagine. I know it's more about the feeling but I have experienced really vivid visualization at certain times, and I really enjoyed it and it felt powerful, so I want to be at the point where I can just close my eyes and see whatever I want to see and be completely immersed in it.
Β 

"We imagine the wish fulfilled and carry on mental conversations from that premise. Through controlled inner talking from premises of fulfilled desire, seeming miracles are performed". - Neville Goddard, Awakened Imagination, Chapter Five

9/20/2018 7:24 pm  #12

Aquilina wrote:

Dr Joe Dispenza, a neuroscientist that healed himself from something like four broken vertebrae that had caused other complications, using just his imagination, and dedicated the rest of his life to teaching this stuff. Same principles as Neville but he goes deeper into the biology of it. Not saying it's necessary to know all that but I personally find it interesting.

I've done all of those techniques, used self-hypnosis successfully about 10 years ago to lose weight. The issue I had was persisting, seeing it through to completion, with other goals. I don't find visualization easy so without that I kind of gave up, not gave up, but sort of forgot how powerful it all is. I can do it sometimes but my mind gets so distracted by all sorts of random thoughts. I found a technique called image streaming which I found helpful the first time so I'm going to start doing that again. You just record yourself describing images you are seeing in your mind and it gets easier to make it more detailed. And then listening back to it is useful as well. That's why I do more scripting, because it helps me in the mean time while I'm developing this ability to imagine. I know it's more about the feeling but I have experienced really vivid visualization at certain times, and I really enjoyed it and it felt powerful, so I want to be at the point where I can just close my eyes and see whatever I want to see and be completely immersed in it.
Β 

That all sounds very interesting. Whatever feels right to you is what's probably going to work best for you. People sometimes get so hung up on there being one correct way to do something, but often there are other just as correct ways. There were a couple of people just the other day wanting to know if they had to visualise in the first person because it was easier for them to do it in the third person. It doesn't matter. I personally prefer doing it in the first person because it feels a lot more real to me that way, but there have been many people I have read about who said that seeing themselves up on a screen doing whatever it was or being a certain way was successful for them.

The first man to raise a fist is the man who has run out of ideas.

9/20/2018 7:33 pm  #13

Interesting, I suppose it's more about doing what feels best and being more relaxed about the whole thing in general. Another thing I just realized now, is having patience when it comes to generating the feelings. Like having the general feeling of what it would be like, and then doing the technique, instead of rushing into doing it for the sake of doing it whether the feeling is strong or not.

"We imagine the wish fulfilled and carry on mental conversations from that premise. Through controlled inner talking from premises of fulfilled desire, seeming miracles are performed". - Neville Goddard, Awakened Imagination, Chapter Five

9/20/2018 7:43 pm  #14

Aquilina wrote:

Interesting, I suppose it's more about doing what feels best and being more relaxed about the whole thing in general. Another thing I just realized now, is having patience when it comes to generating the feelings. Like having the general feeling of what it would be like, and then doing the technique, instead of rushing into doing it for the sake of doing it whether the feeling is strong or not.

Β 
Patience is always very important, and not enough people who come to this forum seem to have it. That 25 day challenge has a lot to answer for in that regard. Putting a time limit on something is not a good idea. If people don't achieve their goal in a specified time, they often think that it is impossible to consciously create something and they give up. They can also end up trying to force results, which is also counterproductive.  I've seen it loads of times on this forum, and it doesn't have to be that way.

The first man to raise a fist is the man who has run out of ideas.

9/20/2018 7:55 pm  #15

I haven't actually looked at what the 25 day challenge involves. I get the time limit part of it and how some people would take that too literally. I think things like that really are supposed to be a way to help people start out and to be consistent, but as I say I don't know what it involves.

Board footera