Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2018 3:10 am  #1

Extremely nervous about job interview

Hi,
I am having extreme anxiety about my internship interview scheduled tomorrow. The role is actually quite out of my league but I desperately want it as this is the only company where I actually got an interview opportunity through someone and I probably wont get this somewhere else so easily. I know I am supposed to assume that I already have the job and it is not out of my league but somehow it is not happening this time. I am having panic and anxiety attacks and dont feel positive at all. What do I do?Β 

4/12/2018 3:43 am  #2

Re: Extremely nervous about job interview

Well, the bad news is (and I base that on my own skills to shift) that you probably won't be able to feel sure about getting it till tomorrow and I would be very surprised if you got the internship there after what you told us (extreme anxiety, desperately wanting, the ONLY company). This is a law of attraction forum and I don't want to discourage you, but in my experience it is fact that with how I feel about something I can predict the future and if I felt the way about it you described, I probably wouldn't even go there, because I already knew the outcome anyway. I am not suggesting not to go. I can't know how you feel and maybe you have some beliefs in place that will save your ass or the interview is going so well that you are able to shift after that. But if you stay where you are right now, the outcome is pretty clear.

The good news is you have some limiting beliefs going on that doesn't allow you to see the full picutre. Why wouldn't you get an interview somewhere else? You know how LoA works, you know that there is no end to opportunities. Just because you don't see them or think you know every opportunity doesn't mean that's true. There is at least one company that has exactly what you want only for you until you believe that. Maybe seeing that makes you a bit more relaxed about the interview tomorrow. You have plenty of opportunities. They should better make you a nice offer, else you just decide for another company.
Maybe you read my story about getting a job offered by email from a site I joined as a user 4 years ago. It came within a week after I wanted a new job and then stopped focusing on the lack. What are the odds? But LoA isn't about odds, it's about what you believe the odds are.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

Neville Goddard ~ The Law and the Promise

4/12/2018 3:47 am  #3

And one thing I forgot: just because they don't give you this place tomorrow doesn't mean they don't give it to you in two weeks. You don't have to clean everything up till tomorrow. Don't set yourself time limits. Other story: I got the job back I quitted back in January. My boss told me they procrastinated finding someone else for nearly 4 months..lol. So don't worry. Don't let circumstances and what you think they mean impress you. They don't mean what you think they mean.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

4/12/2018 4:26 am  #4

Thank you sooo much for the reply. Well the time limit factor is scary because this internship is a part of my course and I need to start somewhere by 1st of May so thats another reminder. But I am preparing for it and I'll try not to let my fears bother me

4/12/2018 10:28 am  #5

There were times when I was very nervous about something but I still got what I wanted. I'm still trying to figure out in theory why it happened this way because I didn't stay positive and I didn't assume I have it and feel it real. Maybe it matched a more general belief I had at the time? Either way, based on my experience I can still get things I want even when I'm nervous.

4/12/2018 11:36 am  #6

DMR wrote:

Thank you sooo much for the reply. Well the time limit factor is scary because this internship is a part of my course and I need to start somewhere by 1st of May so thats another reminder. But I am preparing for it and I'll try not to let my fears bother me

One exercise I used lately that helped me a lot to calm down is to respond to a situation with an absolutely honest "So what?". Really see that it doesn't really matter. You are the one giving it importance that isn't really there. You probably will argue that it's important, because that and that and that, but that are all just concepts in your minds and when you realize that you are the one placing so much importance on it and that you don't have to do it, you can drop it more easily.

I was in a similar situation last year around that time. I had to find an internship, but I really wasn't at all motivated to look for one. I made one call without success, I wrote two emails and didn't get a reply. I was into Abraham to that time and I noticed how I really had much resistance towards doing more than that. So I decided to drop it (which was scary, because I needed it for the summer and I knew that most companies had waiting times around a year). I manifested a vacation, so I decided to leave the intership thing alone until after the vacation and just dropped it. I felt a little uneasy about it, but a part of me trusted that it would work out. One day when I had my vacation, I got an email from one of the companies I didn't get a reply from. One month had passed since I wrote the email to them. They said the email went missing and that I could come over to talk. It was very informal and not really an interview and of course I got the internship. When I was there, someone called to ask if they could have an internship for the summer of the next year. Magic..and it happened when I didn't think about it, didn't try to figure it out, but trusted that it would work out. I know that isn't easy with a time limit. But what's the worst case scenario? It's probably not that horrible and no reason to feel anxiety and ruin your day for sure.

Colonel Roosevelt wrote:

There were times when I was very nervous about something but I still got what I wanted. I'm still trying to figure out in theory why it happened this way because I didn't stay positive and I didn't assume I have it and feel it real. Maybe it matched a more general belief I had at the time? Either way, based on my experience I can still get things I want even when I'm nervous.

She was talking about anxiety and desperation. I can say for sure that I never got something I was anxious and desperate about. I also got things I was nervous about, but what I was nervous about always in some kind manifested or at least I can't remember a situation I was nervous about and that was all shiny then. I think a little nervousness is normal before an interview, but I would make a distinction between being anxious about not getting the internship or being nervous because it's an interview and you have to present yourself in a positive way like the nervousness before you give a talk.

4/12/2018 1:02 pm  #7

Yes, being nervous is not the same as desperation or anxiety.

Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.

4/12/2018 4:01 pm  #8

I got things I wanted even when I was anxious for weeks about not getting it. Sometimes, even when I was pessimistic about it, when I thought my chances were close to zero.

And we tend to use anxious and nervous interchangeably in conversation where I live, so when I said "nervous" I also meant "anxious". OP also mentioned nervousness in her title.

4/13/2018 7:14 am  #9

Has anyone ever got a job where they have made a serious mess of the interview?

Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.

4/13/2018 8:21 am  #10

PrettyFlamingo wrote:

Has anyone ever got a job where they have made a serious mess of the interview?

I only managed to do the opposite. The interview went really well, they directly told me that they wanted me and would send me the contract. Then I started to worry, because I hadn't gotten a contract immediately. Guess what? They called me, telling me that they were very sorry, but they weren't allowed to hire new people, because the company was in financial trouble and they didn't know that when they released the announcement for the job. I had a long talk with the guy who interviewed me and I felt that it was true and they didn't just find someone better. That's where my really bad feeling about the contract brought me.

Board footera