Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2018 5:43 pm  #1

I really want to change my life for the better

I am a long time lurker, and I hope that I can get some guidance from other members. I consider myself to be a glass half full person and am generally optimistic and I think I look on the bright side more often than the dark side. I do a gratitude journal each night and write down things that I am thankful for, I think about them too and pray. I visualise things I want and I imagine being with someone who loves me and who I feel the same about, and also I think about when good times have been there in the past and things have worked out and I'm happy about that. These are more often than not things like a sunny day, a good cup of coffee, friends, someone doing a favour for me, a freebie, a good film, or book, a nice chat with someone, a good swim, things like that. Things and people get on my nerves sometimes but wouldn’t you all agree that is the same for everybody and it isn’t something I dwell on or anything so I don’t think that is stopping me from attracting the big things in my life that I want. I do nice things for myself like treating myself and pampering myself, spending time with positive people and doing things I enjoy doing. 

What would I have to do to change things in my life? These things aren’t right as I am going to tell you below.

1. I am more than 56 pounds overweight. I can still dress well and do my hair and my nails and I can pull it off as I don’t look huge but I know the difference as my favourite clothes don’t fit me any more and I know that it is not healthy for me.

2. I haven’t ever been in a proper relationship or been in love with anyone. I have thought I was sometimes but I know I wasn’t, I went out with a married man for a really long time. I am not proud of that by the way. I wouldn’t do that again.

3. I don’t have a real job, I have been doing temporary work for 3 years and I feel like the hired gun doing someone else’s job all the time and I’m always waiting for them to come back from sick leave or maternity or paternity leave or sabbatical and I never know if another placement will be available so it is always being on edge. I enjoy the work I do though.

4. I am in a lot of debt that I need to clear and I need to find a way to do that.

5. I live with constant pain from my hip and my shoulder, sometimes my neck. It does not stop me from doing anything but it is painful and I am sick of living with it.

I want to make proper changes and turn my life round. I want to lose all the weight and have a real permanent relationship with someone who loves me and a home I love. I want to have a good job or have enough money for me to not have to worry about working or finding jobs. I want to be pain free. I want to have things happen that make me excited and see big changes. 

It isn’t that I’m unhappy per se because Im glad for the things Ive got.  It’s that I want to be happier as I can see all these areas where everything falls short and we were meant to be happy and have good things weren’t we? And I don’t think that I don’t deserve things either or that they cant change, I don’t know how to because Im usually positive and friendly and think the best of people generally and of situations and always try to see the bright side. But the big things haven't happened for me. My "Big" things are simple things not massive things. I don’t want yachts and Porsches or a Millionaire. I want things that are mine. I don’t want someone else’s job or someone else’s husband I want my own.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I know it is a long story but I would like to start a new journey and have real joy in life. 

Last edited by Zinnia (4/05/2018 5:53 pm)

4/05/2018 10:13 pm  #2

Re: I really want to change my life for the better

Me personally, I would change these things with a combination of action and LOA. What I mean is being overweight can be changed through consistent workouts and better diet. The job could be changed by diligently looking for a better job. For your relationship, I would work on manifesting that. It just takes a well thought out plan and consistent action.

4/05/2018 11:50 pm  #3

For the job, I would think about everything I would want in the ideal job, what I would do, how much money I would like to be paid, all the details about it, and I would imagine having this job and the money and everything else as though I already had it. I would also imagine having my debts all paid off and not owing any money to anybody.

For the relationship, I would think about what kind of person I wanted to be with, what sort of person I wanted him to be, how I wanted him to treat me, what I wanted our relationship to be like, and any other details you would want, and then I would imagine wearing a wedding ring (if you want to be married) and imagine having that relationship with that person as though it is true right now. There was a case in a book, not by Neville for a change, but there was an older lady who had been widowed and wanted to be married again, so when she went to bed at night she imagined wearing a wedding ring and said to herself that she was loved and wanted by a wonderful man, and a couple of weeks later she met a retired widower who had a lot of money, and they ended up falling in love and getting married and travelling around the world, which is something she also had wanted to do.

There is a letter written by somebody to Neville in his book, The Law and the Promise, from a lady who had lived with constant pain since she was a child, which was for many years. She knew what had caused the pain, so she went back to that time in her mind when the injury had occurred and imagined the situation being different and not causing the injury. She did that for a period of time every night, I can't remember how long, but she did finally get rid of the pain. If you don't remember or know what caused the pain you've got, you could do something like imagine a friend saying to you how well you look and you could say in this imaginary scene that you've never felt better. That's just an example. You could think of one that might be more suitable to your situation.

For the weight loss, you could imagine yourself at your ideal weight, wearing your new wardrobe that you've bought for yourself to celebrate it and looking and feeling amazing.

I am not suggesting that you should necessarily sit home taking no action, but I do believe that imagining these things first, or at least simultaneously, as accomplished facts will bring these things to you more easily than not.

At the risk of being boring, I am going to make my usual recommendation of reading and/or listening to Neville Goddard first and foremost before anybody else. Below is a link to his recording of The Secret of Imagining, in which he explains how imagination creates reality. It is under 17 minutes long, so it doesn't take much time and is a good introduction to Neville and his teachings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YccI-t1yojk

The first man to raise a fist is the man who has run out of ideas.

4/06/2018 2:33 am  #4

fizzy wrote:

Me personally, I would change these things with a combination of action and LOA. What I mean is being overweight can be changed through consistent workouts and better diet. The job could be changed by diligently looking for a better job. For your relationship, I would work on manifesting that. It just takes a well thought out plan and consistent action.

Spot on.

4/06/2018 2:48 am  #5

Zinnia wrote:

I am a long time lurker, and I hope that I can get some guidance from other members. I consider myself to be a glass half full person and am generally optimistic and I think I look on the bright side more often than the dark side. I do a gratitude journal each night and write down things that I am thankful for, I think about them too and pray. I visualise things I want and I imagine being with someone who loves me and who I feel the same about, and also I think about when good times have been there in the past and things have worked out and I'm happy about that. These are more often than not things like a sunny day, a good cup of coffee, friends, someone doing a favour for me, a freebie, a good film, or book, a nice chat with someone, a good swim, things like that. Things and people get on my nerves sometimes but wouldn’t you all agree that is the same for everybody and it isn’t something I dwell on or anything so I don’t think that is stopping me from attracting the big things in my life that I want. I do nice things for myself like treating myself and pampering myself, spending time with positive people and doing things I enjoy doing. 

What would I have to do to change things in my life? These things aren’t right as I am going to tell you below.

1. I am more than 56 pounds overweight. I can still dress well and do my hair and my nails and I can pull it off as I don’t look huge but I know the difference as my favourite clothes don’t fit me any more and I know that it is not healthy for me.

2. I haven’t ever been in a proper relationship or been in love with anyone. I have thought I was sometimes but I know I wasn’t, I went out with a married man for a really long time. I am not proud of that by the way. I wouldn’t do that again.

3. I don’t have a real job, I have been doing temporary work for 3 years and I feel like the hired gun doing someone else’s job all the time and I’m always waiting for them to come back from sick leave or maternity or paternity leave or sabbatical and I never know if another placement will be available so it is always being on edge. I enjoy the work I do though.

4. I am in a lot of debt that I need to clear and I need to find a way to do that.

5. I live with constant pain from my hip and my shoulder, sometimes my neck. It does not stop me from doing anything but it is painful and I am sick of living with it.

I want to make proper changes and turn my life round. I want to lose all the weight and have a real permanent relationship with someone who loves me and a home I love. I want to have a good job or have enough money for me to not have to worry about working or finding jobs. I want to be pain free. I want to have things happen that make me excited and see big changes. 

It isn’t that I’m unhappy per se because Im glad for the things Ive got.  It’s that I want to be happier as I can see all these areas where everything falls short and we were meant to be happy and have good things weren’t we? And I don’t think that I don’t deserve things either or that they cant change, I don’t know how to because Im usually positive and friendly and think the best of people generally and of situations and always try to see the bright side. But the big things haven't happened for me. My "Big" things are simple things not massive things. I don’t want yachts and Porsches or a Millionaire. I want things that are mine. I don’t want someone else’s job or someone else’s husband I want my own.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I know it is a long story but I would like to start a new journey and have real joy in life. 

To change you life you need to think, act and feel like the person you want to be.

You start with your now. be present in your now - happiness isn't going to come when you lose the wieght, get the job and husband. People spend too much time looking over there instead of tending to their now.

All of the things you state you want you can have by having the right mental attitude and acting accordingly. "Acting as if" is putting LOA into action - so you say you want to lose wieght - well what would a person losing wieght do - they would eat healthier and do exercise. Mentally you see your body as they way you want and things will change.

You want a better job - then you become specific about what job you want - what salary and perks do you want. The you act as if - so you take on the manner of someone in the job u desire - you work on your employability skills - you have your CVs ready - you follow opportunities - you open yourself up to the recieving of your desired job.

Relationships - make boundaries and stick to them. Know your self worth - if u meet a guy and he doesn't make your threshold move on and keep moving on. This is how you set the tone of what you are willing to accept and let the universe know what you want. But your attitude needs to match.

It all starts from within. Success starts with mental attitude and this influences the decisions and actions you make.

A couple of books you should read or listen to the audio are
1- Think and Grow Rich. Napoleon Hill
2- The Game of Life - Florence Shovel
3 - Manifesting love - Elizabeth Daniels.

4/08/2018 3:12 am  #6

Thank you for all your replies and suggestions. Cynthia I have listened to the YouTube you linked and I have also been on line and looked at some Neville Goddard teachings that I have printed out to read.Thank you for that, and I will also look at the book suggestions.  am going to also look around all the different threads here for some ideas.Thank you all again for taking the time to reply I am grateful to you all. 

4/08/2018 3:27 am  #7

Zinnia wrote:

Thank you for all your replies and suggestions. Cynthia I have listened to the YouTube you linked and I have also been on line and looked at some Neville Goddard teachings that I have printed out to read.Thank you for that, and I will also look at the book suggestions.  am going to also look around all the different threads here for some ideas.Thank you all again for taking the time to reply I am grateful to you all. 

You're very welcome. I'm glad you found it useful.

The first man to raise a fist is the man who has run out of ideas.

Board footera