Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/24/2016 12:06 am  #91

Re: Skepticism on the use of law of attraction (harsh reality)

ShootingStar wrote:

I'll just throw in to back that up with anecdotal evidence- when my father left my mother it was over something that she did by accident to hurt him but didn't know it would hurt him. She harboured a very strong desire to one day reconnect with my father and get back together as she never wanted the relationship to end and didn't mean to hurt him. She lived in hope and belief that he would talk to her again for about 5 years but he never did. My father desired never to speak to her again because he himself could not get over his own hurt and anger over what she did. Of course she never intended harm, but in my father's eyes, he could not speak to her again. And so nearly 20 years on, they have not spoken a word or seen each other even though my mother tried to contact him and believed he would change his mind, he never did. 

But that is because he made it his business to create a desire not to see her or speak to her again so it was strong in him. Most people wouldn't do that unless they've been deeply hurt. 

Living in hope that someone will come around is not the same as deliberately working with the LOA to create what you want.

12/24/2016 2:39 pm  #92

Well there are very very few things that are 'impossible' , one would be say changing your history, changing your race or having someone be your partner who is dead haha so yeah of course the possibilities are always there! But there are times when one has to have a slight realistic view on things so that they don't live their life in misery. There was a girl who used to be on here but she subsequently deleted her account because of the 'negativity' thrown her way as she say it, but what it really was was people gently advising her to focus more generally and not on her specific person and the reason for this was because her specific person is like a really really well known celebrity who only dates really really well known celebrities and right now he's dating Lily Collins after dating Kate Hudsun and the girl on here was a fan of his but she was also a lot older than him and not in his inner circle or a celebrity or close to a celebrity- so it really just sort of amounted to her being a fangirl and she was on here for over a year and it just appeared that things in her situation never moved and were not going to move and even though she was so hopeful and everything, it just got to a point where her desire was more hurting her than helping her. Now, the possibility of her dating this guy like is there but very very very low, like so low. The problem is, she never stopped wanting it so her desire was becoming an obsession and just getting really unhealthy and harming her mental health I would think.
Now the majority of other people on here are not in such a dire situation as her so the possibilities for most people on here to get their specific person are probably quite good! But like, sometimes in life we can't be children and say 'daddy I want that one and that one only', but saying that, it can often prove that the one we want is what we get but if we obsess and limit ourselves sooo much, we'll just end up having really unhealthy obsessions that end up just ruining our lives more than helping our lives.
So while no one can say to someone, 'you're definitely never going to get that' unless it's like the thing no longer exists or is dead, it's also quite important just for sanity's sake to say 'well, while the possibility of it is there, it may not come just as you'd like it and it may not be all that you want and really what you want above all is to be happy and get the essence of feeling it so if you fall madly in love with someone else, you won't be annoyed thinking 'but it's not that one I said!' because you'd be too busy feeling the feelings'.
But when it comes to the majority of specific people that people come to want in this forum, there is a very good chance so it's not always a case of gently swaying someone against their desire but every now and then, the possibility of the desire is really diminished. There was another case on here where someone's ex who they wanted so badly had got married and was about to have a baby and seemed quite happy. In this case, what's the point in putting so much energy into manifesting that person? What's the point in visualising and doing all the stuff because it's likely to just cause negative emotion at the end of the day. Even though the possibility they could divorce and come back to the ex, banking on it or actively holding it in their thoughts and having it as their on going desire would just lead to them suffering and many people on here end up suffering more than they get better results, and I think a purpose of this forum is to help ease suffering and not cause it or prolong it !

'What We Think, We Become' -Buddha

12/24/2016 4:41 pm  #93

ShootingStar wrote:

Well there are very very few things that are 'impossible' , one would be say changing your history, changing your race or having someone be your partner who is dead haha so yeah of course the possibilities are always there!

Many channelers and other LOA teachers are adamant that the past can literally be changed and is in fact changing all the time...so not everyone agrees that these things are impossible.

ShootingStar wrote:

But there are times when one has to have a slight realistic view on things so that they don't live their life in misery.

What is "realistic"? Reality is a reflection of your consciousness. There is no reality that is the one true reality, whereas everything else is "imaginary". Imagination is just as "real" as what you see in the physical.

ShootingStar wrote:

Now, the possibility of her dating this guy like is there but very very very low, like so low.

This is only a belief.

ShootingStar wrote:

Now the majority of other people on here are not in such a dire situation as her so the possibilities for most people on here to get their specific person are probably quite good!

Again, this is a belief. You are placing the definition of "dire" on a situation, but the situation itself is neutral and can just as easily be defined as "easy".

ShootingStar wrote:

But like, sometimes in life we can't be children and say 'daddy I want that one and that one only'

Yes, you can. You are the creator of your own reality. Your ability to desire something is your ability to manifest that desire.

ShootingStar wrote:

but saying that, it can often prove that the one we want is what we get but if we obsess and limit ourselves sooo much, we'll just end up having really unhealthy obsessions that end up just ruining our lives more than helping our lives.

Not necessarily. The desire for a specific person does not automatically equal obsession. I agree that unhealthy situations can sometimes result, but that's with any desire and I think people are pointed in the right direction on this forum more often than not without being told they need to be "realistic", because there's no such thing.

ShootingStar wrote:

There was another case on here where someone's ex who they wanted so badly had got married and was about to have a baby and seemed quite happy. In this case, what's the point in putting so much energy into manifesting that person?

Because they desire it and they are meant to have what they desire. They must take responsibility and do the "work" to align with it. If they are not willing to do that and are only going to complain about "what is", then yes, it is unhealthy to try to manifest this. But, not everyone will do that. And this situation is not more difficult than any other situation. Saying it is, is only taking the same point of view as a lot of people do. This is an LOA forum. It is different than the forums that would just look at a situation and say, "well that's impossible", "that's too difficult", "he/she will never change"....Everything can be fixed and changed. YOU are the one who is free to define ANY situation as easy or difficult.

Last edited by sunny (12/24/2016 4:42 pm)

12/24/2016 4:42 pm  #94

sunny wrote:

I agree -- you cannot manipulate anyone into doing anything. But, I also believe you don't have to. I have listened to Abraham, but not everything they say resonates with me. Bashar says your ability to desire something is your ability to manifest that desire and that anything you can imagine exists. Elias says that you can create a relationship with a specific person no matter how impossible it may seem to you. All channelers say something different and it's matter of finding what resonates with you personally and accepting that as your truth. Even Veronica says over and over that no situation is impossible. You are supposed to have what you desire. If you can imagine being with a specific person, then it DOES exist on some level. There is a version of that person out there that also desires to be with you, and no amount of bad past occurrences can stop that reality from manifesting if you can manage to align with it. I believe that each person creates ALL of their reality, and therefore can experience any reality they want, regardless of what other people create. You will only experience the version of reality that you are aligned with. If it feels good to you to believe that other people can prevent you from manifesting what you desire, then that is your truth. But it does not feel good to me, and therefore is not my truth. There are no limits to what you may create. That is stated over and over by LOA teachers. There is no "except". No limits is no limits.

This really motivated and inspired me thank you Sunny ❤️

Going with life's flow ✨

12/24/2016 5:28 pm  #95

Aisha wrote:

This really motivated and inspired me thank you Sunny ❤️

Glad I could help

12/24/2016 7:07 pm  #96

sunny wrote:

ShootingStar wrote:

Well there are very very few things that are 'impossible' , one would be say changing your history, changing your race or having someone be your partner who is dead haha so yeah of course the possibilities are always there!

Many channelers and other LOA teachers are adamant that the past can literally be changed and is in fact changing all the time...so not everyone agrees that these things are impossible.

ShootingStar wrote:

But there are times when one has to have a slight realistic view on things so that they don't live their life in misery.

What is "realistic"? Reality is a reflection of your consciousness. There is no reality that is the one true reality, whereas everything else is "imaginary". Imagination is just as "real" as what you see in the physical.

ShootingStar wrote:

Now, the possibility of her dating this guy like is there but very very very low, like so low.

This is only a belief.

ShootingStar wrote:

Now the majority of other people on here are not in such a dire situation as her so the possibilities for most people on here to get their specific person are probably quite good!

Again, this is a belief. You are placing the definition of "dire" on a situation, but the situation itself is neutral and can just as easily be defined as "easy".

ShootingStar wrote:

But like, sometimes in life we can't be children and say 'daddy I want that one and that one only'

Yes, you can. You are the creator of your own reality. Your ability to desire something is your ability to manifest that desire.

ShootingStar wrote:

but saying that, it can often prove that the one we want is what we get but if we obsess and limit ourselves sooo much, we'll just end up having really unhealthy obsessions that end up just ruining our lives more than helping our lives.

Not necessarily. The desire for a specific person does not automatically equal obsession. I agree that unhealthy situations can sometimes result, but that's with any desire and I think people are pointed in the right direction on this forum more often than not without being told they need to be "realistic", because there's no such thing.

ShootingStar wrote:

There was another case on here where someone's ex who they wanted so badly had got married and was about to have a baby and seemed quite happy. In this case, what's the point in putting so much energy into manifesting that person?

Because they desire it and they are meant to have what they desire. They must take responsibility and do the "work" to align with it. If they are not willing to do that and are only going to complain about "what is", then yes, it is unhealthy to try to manifest this. But, not everyone will do that. And this situation is not more difficult than any other situation. Saying it is, is only taking the same point of view as a lot of people do. This is an LOA forum. It is different than the forums that would just look at a situation and say, "well that's impossible", "that's too difficult", "he/she will never change"....Everything can be fixed and changed. YOU are the one who is free to define ANY situation as easy or difficult.

What comes out in your comments is that you are unwilling to accept that you are not always 100% in control, LOA is not about being 100% in control, it's accepting that you can control the basic feelings that you bring into your life- you can control whether you are lonely and miserable or have love around you and happy. You can choose to accumulate wealth or things or ideas or inspiration.... you clearly have a motivation to get someone back or into your life and you are resisting any 'threat' to your belief, when actually if you want the universe to deliver you a very specific person without any type of openness to another person or situation- then you are minimizing your chance of recieving love because you are literally cutting yourself off from all other options and the only reason you are doing that is because you are desperate. If you weren't desperate, you would be open to love and open to allowing love from wherever it comes- you would have the mindset of abundance, of freeness, of 'let's keep as optimistic as possible and just see what the universe delivers to me, and I know I'm valuable and I know what will come to me will be meaningful' . The bottom line is if you are still in a place where you are fixated on the idea of just one person as being the absolute only source of true love in your life- not only will you actually push them away in reality if they came to you, but you are already pushing them away now with that desperate vibe.

Unless of course you're happy living in your imagination all the time, if you're happy living in the imagination of a relationship with someone who is off married to someone else, if you would be happy going to bed alone with just the imagination of them and the belief of them, then that's cool, that's 100% up to you. But no ethical LOA teacher advises on that, they say that you can attract a specific person so much as you can believe you can but if you're still stuck on a TV station where you're not happy and you don't like what you see and you don't like the actors, it would be logical to change the station than to expect the station you're watching to change. So you can sit and focus and visualise on one specific person and one relationship but one day, if that person doesn't come along after a while, you're inevitably going to get frustrated! You're going to suddenly think 'well, I actually want a physical body in my bed' or someone to kiss or talk to and love. You're going to get sick of your imagination and that's the moment where the logical thing to do is to change the channel, to search around for a different solution. 

The truth is, you're not always meant to have exactly what you desire all the time, because often times what we think we desire is not what we're really desiring at all. If you desire someone who you once loved but who you also fought with like cats and dogs and they left you, are you desiring them or the feeling and the love? Do they just have to be the absolute only solution to the feeling and the love? And if you just let go of thinking about them all the time, you might even find that they come along because they are the ones who helped you create what you desire but sometimes someone even greater comes along and that's when you hear people say 'the second love is better'. 

You can't change the past, you can only change your perspective on the past. But just because you have changed your perspective doesn't mean the other people involved have changed theirs. Also be careful of thinking you're Godlike, as in the absolute controller, you may be able to change and manipulate certain situations depending on your confidence (which is vibration) but you will not be able to ever have absolute control. The problem is, you can desire to be with Justin Bieber or whoever is famous all you like, you can visualise, RS him , all that stuff- but if you're like me and have no ties to him, are not a celebrity, have no connection with him or likely to ever have...then your possibility is very very small. The problem is, some people are so desperate and so hung up that they will obsess and ruin their lives and possibly even become stalkers 

'What We Think, We Become' -Buddha

12/24/2016 7:53 pm  #97

I'm not interested in a specific person and still, I agree completely with sunny. To be honest, I haven't even read through your comments, because it doesn't resonate with me in any way. It would just be a waste of time and energy for me to read it (don't want to sound offensive here, even when it may most likely come across that way). Your argumentation is based on a bunsh of beliefs and you are free to believe in whatever you want of course. But what I don't understand is why you come here and try to discourage people who you know won't give up anyway. We can discuss this stuff back and forth till the cows come home, but where is the point in doing so? Is it really necessary to make people on Christmas even more depressed than they already are?

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

Neville Goddard ~ The Law and the Promise

12/24/2016 8:00 pm  #98

ShootingStar wrote:

What comes out in your comments is that you are unwilling to accept that you are not always 100% in control, LOA is not about being 100% in control, it's accepting that you can control the basic feelings that you bring into your life- you can control whether you are lonely and miserable or have love around you and happy. You can choose to accumulate wealth or things or ideas or inspiration.... you clearly have a motivation to get someone back or into your life and you are resisting any 'threat' to your belief, when actually if you want the universe to deliver you a very specific person without any type of openness to another person or situation- then you are minimizing your chance of recieving love because you are literally cutting yourself off from all other options and the only reason you are doing that is because you are desperate. If you weren't desperate, you would be open to love and open to allowing love from wherever it comes- you would have the mindset of abundance, of freeness, of 'let's keep as optimistic as possible and just see what the universe delivers to me, and I know I'm valuable and I know what will come to me will be meaningful' . The bottom line is if you are still in a place where you are fixated on the idea of just one person as being the absolute only source of true love in your life- not only will you actually push them away in reality if they came to you, but you are already pushing them away now with that desperate vibe.

I'm not desperate. This is just what I truly believe. I'm the creator of my reality. There are no limits. Your reality IS you. So, you do have control over it.

ShootingStar wrote:

Unless of course you're happy living in your imagination all the time, if you're happy living in the imagination of a relationship with someone who is off married to someone else, if you would be happy going to bed alone with just the imagination of them and the belief of them, then that's cool, that's 100% up to you. But no ethical LOA teacher advises on that, they say that you can attract a specific person so much as you can believe you can but if you're still stuck on a TV station where you're not happy and you don't like what you see and you don't like the actors, it would be logical to change the station than to expect the station you're watching to change. So you can sit and focus and visualise on one specific person and one relationship but one day, if that person doesn't come along after a while, you're inevitably going to get frustrated! You're going to suddenly think 'well, I actually want a physical body in my bed' or someone to kiss or talk to and love. You're going to get sick of your imagination and that's the moment where the logical thing to do is to change the channel, to search around for a different solution. 

I agree with you. But, I also believe that if you correctly deliberately work with the LOA, you are going to get what you want.

ShootingStar wrote:

The truth is, you're not always meant to have exactly what you desire all the time, because often times what we think we desire is not what we're really desiring at all. If you desire someone who you once loved but who you also fought with like cats and dogs and they left you, are you desiring them or the feeling and the love? Do they just have to be the absolute only solution to the feeling and the love? And if you just let go of thinking about them all the time, you might even find that they come along because they are the ones who helped you create what you desire but sometimes someone even greater comes along and that's when you hear people say 'the second love is better'. 

I agree, what you are desiring is the feeling you associate with being with that person. And you could create that same feeling within in yourself in a relationship with someone else. Every desire is ultimately for a state of being. But, regardless, if you want a specific relationship with a specific person in your reality, you can still get that.

ShootingStar wrote:

You can't change the past, you can only change your perspective on the past. But just because you have changed your perspective doesn't mean the other people involved have changed theirs. Also be careful of thinking you're Godlike, as in the absolute controller, you may be able to change and manipulate certain situations depending on your confidence (which is vibration) but you will not be able to ever have absolute control. The problem is, you can desire to be with Justin Bieber or whoever is famous all you like, you can visualise, RS him , all that stuff- but if you're like me and have no ties to him, are not a celebrity, have no connection with him or likely to ever have...then your possibility is very very small. The problem is, some people are so desperate and so hung up that they will obsess and ruin their lives and possibly even become stalkers 

I believe the actual past can be changed. All time is simultaneous. There is no one set sequence of events. Many channelers touch on this subject, if you're ever interested in exploring this point of view.

12/24/2016 8:01 pm  #99

ShootingStar wrote:

sunny wrote:

ShootingStar wrote:

ShootingStar wrote:

ShootingStar wrote:

This is only a belief.

ShootingStar wrote:

ShootingStar wrote:

ShootingStar wrote:

ShootingStar wrote:

No - the "problem" is you and your own personal limitations and judgements that you seek to impose on other people

Most  of your posts and comments seem to project your own limited thoughts and beliefs and you seem to seek to drag others down into your state

You're free to think and beleive what you want to beleive - and to experience the limitations that you do - but coming to the forum pontificating your gospel of judgement and limitation is unnecessary - it's one thing if you'd like to have an open and intellectual conversation about things - quite another to lambast others with your judgment and condescension

The world and life is beautiful and full of infinite possibilities for you and for others  to experience

May your heart and soul be grateful and merry and light and free and giving of love and joy and  peace and hope -especially during this holiday season

Merry Christmas and happy Chanukah and every best wishes for all the other holidays being celebrated this joyous and celebratory season

12/26/2016 3:22 pm  #100

ShootingStar wrote:

It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I used to post a lot earlier this year when I was learning about LOA as much as possible. I have spent the last two years using my spare time to look up about LOA and also other things like telepathy, metaphysics, parapsychology, paranormal, hypnosis, magick, reiki and I have also dabbled in shamanism and following different spiritual teachers for a little while too. Here's what I have really discovered through all my pondering so far. Firstly, things that stand out to be talked about in all those plains and that seem to definitely have basis in truth would be the idea of telepathy, energetically or mentally sending and receiving thoughts or signals from people, precognition-notably dream precognition, the ability to change a belief in oneself-hypnosis and using LOA suggestion can help to cure phobias, stop certain addictions, even erase feelings of love for a person. The power of the intuition is real- the intuition can sense the emotions of another person easily, it can sense danger. 

But, my friends, here is where the story about attracting a person truly begins and ends. A person will not do something they do not want to do even under hypnosis, as in, if it goes against their truest wishes, they will not. So a person will never do what you want them to do no matter how much you want them too if they Do Not want to. Magick is an interesting subject, very few people in western culture believe in it, but a lot of people in parts of Africa and Asia and the Caribbean do and people do believe when they feel insatiable lust or obsession for someone that they might have been put under a voodoo spell, so very common spells that witchdoctors do in those places are binding spells-to put distance between two people. So the point of that is- people do not like when they feel they are doing something they do not want to do either. So basically, if you want an ex back, spend maybe 2 weeks at most using LOA type exercises, but then just stop and have faith that if that person is ever open to the idea of you again, they will reach out. But do not have faith that they WILL be open to you again.

The problem with this forum and other 'Ex-back coaching' and things online is that they all have with them hope, which, to people who are quite desperate or upset, is like finding water in a desert. But hanging on, ironically, is what LOA preaches not to do, but hanging on is what people do when they come across this idea of using mind techniques and positive thinking to get your ex back. Also the idea about loving yourself is interesting in this sense-everyone who comes on here has the ability to move on from this person in time after grieving and healing, but what people here are trying to do is to both hold on and hold out for hope of reconciliation and actively using methods and things to accomplish that-and trying to 'let go' to achieve that outcome. Meanwhile, I'm sorry to have to say this, but about 85% of the exs of the people on this forum, really just do not care about them anymore. At least care in the sense that you would want them to care. The worst is the exs who may still be in contact with their partner who is on here, and maybe are toying around with them, giving them false hope and the person on here gets so excited and thinks it's all working out just as LOA said so. 

Also, on another note- there is a lot of shadiness associated with law of attraction, like with Esther Hicks. If you ever really look into her history and her husband Jerry's, you'll find there was a lot of holes when it came to their message versus their real life as well as the fact that Jerry had read about LOA before Esther Hicks started 'channeling' Abraham and there are discrepancies in their teachings. I'm not saying they're all wrong- but they are essentially capitalizing on the industry of giving hope to, mostly quite desperate, people. And if you ever find yourself in a plane crash, a car crash, maybe get shot by an armed robber- it is unscientific and non nonsensical to just assume that you attracted that. Because children in the poorest slums in India dream of having hygiene and clean water every day, they dream of toys and being rich too, but the majority of them live and die where they are. And people who are caught in ISIS run towns and who are being killed and sold to sex slavery-they didn't 'attract' that themselves. So with large scale and more serious matters than love relationships, law of attraction should not be taken into account, because there's no basis for it at all and life is not just as simple as thinking positively and getting what you want or thinking negatively and getting what you don't  want.

Positive thinking is great, it will get you lots of things sure! But you can be the most positive person in the world and one day slip off a mountain and die. And think of all those once positive children who develop cancers and other diseases. Life is that way, it's foolish to think you can control it. And yes, it's foolish to think you can control another person. In my life, when people have come back to me, it's because they themselves Want to, and I did basically nothing, didn't even wish for them, had moved on, accepted the death of the relationship and gone on with life. This is the most healthy option and I hope if anyone here is in a place where they are holding out for hope with all evidence pointing that the other person does not want to come back, has moved on with someone else, or just was not happy with them anymore, that it's better for you to take their resistance to you as evidence that ultimately your energy and theirs do not mesh anymore. That your time for now is over. To re-energize yourself for the next stage in your life and not to get stuck on this one person and hold yourself back for them. Take time to grieve the loss, but then learn to move on. Maybe get some therapy or hypnosis to help you. Don't rely on the idea of any great power or fate or source to bring him or her back to you because you want it, you can't always have what you want in life, but most often-what you want is not what you need. 

This was a very interesting post to read. It does have some interesting points. But I think it is flawed in some places and in others I think what you were using to prove LOA doesn't work actual proves that LOA really does work.

False Hope - I think that the sincerity and most powerful message of this post was about the false hope that many are living in.
I do agree that many have found LOA to attract an ex back, and have not done the first step of letting go of all of the hurt and  healing themselves from past hurts.

But that is not due to a fault in the LOA process it's a fault in its application. And I say this from personal experience. I know what it is to stand in a place where u say "I'm going to get my ex back with LoA on one hand, but still moping and focusing on all hurt on the other hand" That mindset leads nowhere.

I have read many get your ex back resources. And each one will state very clearly the first step is to let got of the past, to heal & forgive. So actually the irony isn't that the forums and resources are giving false hope, the irony is that people (and at one stage I would say I did it too) are not applying the first step of how not to live in false hope.

LOA is not about living is hope. It's about identifying desire from a place of sincerity and happiness. And that place can only be reached when you accept responsibility for how the past situation played out and correct your vibe to match your desire I.e. Alignment.

If it is your believe that 85% of the people that the members are trying to attract don't care about them (which I wholeheartedly disagree with- but let's entertain it) then the question you should be posing to the members is why are they holding themselves in a place where they are trying to attract someone that is not loving to them. Which moves away from the general subject of LOA and focuses on self worth, self love, self esteem, self love & deservedness.

What you are addressing is the need for those people to fill themself with enough self worth and self love so as not to feel the need to be chasing someone who is unloving to them. But then actually we come full circle because LOA is all about us attracting what we believe of ourself. And then we are back to it being all about LOA working exactly how it's been explained to work.

Positive Thinking == LOA is not just about positive thinking. To reduce LOA to positive thinking does it a huge disservice, and it's actually one of the reasons why there many critics of LOA, because people attribute it to simply positive thinking.

LOA is about changing your core beliefs and perception of your life. It's about changing how you view your circumstances and learning that your future unfolds according to expectations. Your expectations are based in your beliefs and your beliefs are formed in past experiences. Essentially LOA teaches you not to take past experiences to mould your future. Mould your future from your desires and believe it can be done.

Abe - In its most stripped back form the Hicks are a brand, they are selling a life improvement package. They are schooled in marketing & selling self improvement systems. Yes they were wealthy before they "channeled" Abe. Yes they had sold other self improvement & wealth creating systems before the Abe empire. And if you listen to what they are saying it's nothing new to what any other LOA teacher before them has said.

But does it make the message any less valuable. I don't think so. The message they sell in its purest form is "stop observing the unwanted, stop seeing barriers, focus on what you want and get to a place of joy and happiness". This is what self improvement is all about. It what psychology, CBT, NLP etc etc all teach.

If their style and their history doesn't resonate with you, there are hundreds of other teachers & resources which teach the same thing. And I'm sure each of those teachers you would be able to find some "shadiness" about their past also but it doesn't make the message any less true.

Also from a personal note, in my professional life I spend all day giving people advice on how to improve their health and prolong their lives, however I have to hold my hand up and say sometimes I do the exact opposite of what I preach. But everything I tell them is true and honest. So whilst it is most hoped that your teacher is living the lesson they are giving you, sometimes they aren't. And the lesson is for you to learn and apply to yourself and benefit from. Don't hold others to a standard until you have reached the highest zen level.

Third world - the examples of third world and ISIs etc is like the examples people use to prove there is no God. I don't really know how address it.

Board footera