Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/17/2016 9:29 pm  #71

Re: Skepticism on the use of law of attraction (harsh reality)

ShootingStar, are you OK?

12/17/2016 9:38 pm  #72

ShootingStar wrote:

But like, we can't just wish a person back to us especially if we hurt them and I think that's worth mentioning. Like if you really crossed a line with someone, like very much crossed a line, by cheating or violence or destroying their property or stalking, then you cannot expect that person to just magically forget that and be open to reconciliation. There are things that are dealbreakers and most people in this world will not go back on their personal dealbreakers. So there are a lot of occasions where you will really just have to detach as fast as possible to save yourself from any more pain and who knows, maybe one day they might contact you, but they might not. But there are very strong people in the world who just do not go back after they've been betrayed or hurt and that's definitely worth respecting. Like I wouldn't take back someone who cheated on me. So there are some instances where the best thing to do is let go and really just move on and see what the future holds but not to hold out in hope. They have to want you, and if you really hurt them, you can't expect them to want you again. 

But, this isn't an LOA view at all. 😕

12/17/2016 9:45 pm  #73

sunny wrote:

ShootingStar wrote:

But like, we can't just wish a person back to us especially if we hurt them and I think that's worth mentioning. Like if you really crossed a line with someone, like very much crossed a line, by cheating or violence or destroying their property or stalking, then you cannot expect that person to just magically forget that and be open to reconciliation. There are things that are dealbreakers and most people in this world will not go back on their personal dealbreakers. So there are a lot of occasions where you will really just have to detach as fast as possible to save yourself from any more pain and who knows, maybe one day they might contact you, but they might not. But there are very strong people in the world who just do not go back after they've been betrayed or hurt and that's definitely worth respecting. Like I wouldn't take back someone who cheated on me. So there are some instances where the best thing to do is let go and really just move on and see what the future holds but not to hold out in hope. They have to want you, and if you really hurt them, you can't expect them to want you again. 

But, this isn't an LOA view at all. 😕

Agreed. Everyone on the street would probably have the same opinion without having a clue about LoA.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

Neville Goddard ~ The Law and the Promise

12/18/2016 5:05 am  #74

IMO, we create our own reality.
I used to think that by visualizing my love every now and then would bring him back. Then i contemplated and think i should not "chasing" after him by using my visualizations. I cut my visualization by half the number that I used to do daily, but still looking for signs. I was anticipating the day when all my dreams of having him again come true..anticipated too much that when it did not happen, I got disappointed.
Now, I cut the visualization to the point which i do it only when i feel like i wanted to.
I believe in the result, without waiting for the moment to come.
I detached myself a lot from him, that recently, i decided to visualize another man..an unknown man who I feel like I want to be with and be in love with. His face change from time to time whenever i visualized him, but i feel so happy and exciting whenever i visualize him. The problem was, whenever I visualized him, my love was also there with us in my mind.
Recently, i manage to get my love out of my visualization with this unknown guy. And guess what? I am soooooo much happier.
I miss this faceless unknown guy more than my love. But the way i miss him is different. It makes me happy and smile, happy and sometimes i feel like laughing whenever i think of him.
I miss this beautiful man that I have never met in my life more than the guy i had been with for 3 years, yet I am so happy. Do you girls know the song "I knew I love you before I met you"?
That's how ridiculous my feeling is right now toward this unknown man😃
Where detaching myself from my love used to be very hard that it scared me, it is not anymore!
I feel more relaxed and enjoying every second in my life more than ever!
I'm happy, whether i'll be reunited with my love again or not, i'm sooo happy. In the back of my mind there is a hope of being reunited, but it's no longer as important as it used to be. Being happy and knowing i have the chance to be loved by a beautiful-loving man in the near future is a lot more exciting!
Even as I write this, i can see him smiling..that faceless face lol. He has the most beautiful soul warming smile in the world!

Tonight i even manifested my first snow in this new town I live in which hasn't experienced snow for the past 3 years! The weather forecasts have predicted the snow since 3 weeks ago yet no signs at all, that people started to doubt they will have any this year, just as the past 3 yrs. I was still exciting though!
I even took an early shower and wait for the snow with a glass of wine while watching netflix and chatting with my unknown man in my head now and then, glancing out the window, dreamed of watching our first snow together.
I learned something from tonight's snow. Believing, relax, do not disappoint, keep dreaming, meanwhile create your own reality every single second! Sometimes there are no signs at all just like tonight's snow, but still, keep making and living your reality as if it has happened!

Make your own reality girls. Live it every second because it's your reality! Let the universe unfold the reality for you. Stop worrying, looking for signs, waiting for the moment, but enjoy your reality, smile with your dreams. It already happens!

Last edited by Alexia_Michelle (12/18/2016 5:18 am)

12/18/2016 6:35 am  #75

GirlyGirl111 wrote:

All I would like to know is how can I stop getting emails regarding this post... I tried deleting my comments but that didn't work... Plz help!

Hit unsubscribe at bottom of page

12/18/2016 4:33 pm  #76

I think  it's interesting when people bring up wars,famine,world hunger,etc,etc,etc  to  discredit LOA.... See, it's actually a fair point, but I think there's a easy explanation, the world  as a collective unit, focuses on all of that stuff, the crazy thing is, whether it's wars,racism,hunger,homelessness,etc.. people think about those things A LOT, but in a negative/worrying way.

People never think of those things, and try to think of a SOLUTION for them, imagine if all of us, who think about those things in a fearful/worry way,thought of those things in a way to SOLVE/FIX them?

12/18/2016 6:04 pm  #77

I would just like to say that 'we' are a couple again.  I really worked the whole LoA stuff that Veronica and others on here teach.  I read every Neville book until I 'got' it.  And I'm a fan of Mike Dooley's 'thoughts become things'  I saw physical manifestations of what I wanted to happen and visualised.  I then just got to the stage of 'letting go' knowing that I still loved him and believing that he still loved me.  Things happened organically but especially after my 'focus' or 'attention' on the feeling of what I wanted.  I took stock of how I could change my approach on some practical matters in my relationship.  I studied some of the relationship coaches online and learned about attitudes and how we process things differently and how fundamentally people are looking for different things in relationship.  I saw how me and my guy moved through some of the past issues and have them naturally resolved after scripting and using ho'oponono (forgiveness of the past and gratitude)  I found my self worth and self esteem again and started attracting other men but I kept my focus on the 'one' guy I loved/love.  And now we're in love again!  I didn't know 'how' LoA was going to do it or if it was, but the more I believed and had faith and started to really 'feel' the reality of the desire in my visualisations and witness small evidences, the more I trusted.  But I was also prepared for it not to materialise, a kind of being ok either way.  I knew love would find a way if we were meant to be.  And it did. But he was back after I had healed and felt good in myself, on the verge of just dropping it all, and I knew and believed in myself as a woman worth having/loving.  This is important I think.  It is totally possible for you too!

Last edited by Little Red Robin (12/18/2016 6:06 pm)

Love is all

12/18/2016 6:09 pm  #78

congrats!!

12/18/2016 8:56 pm  #79

Dan2015 wrote:

I think  it's interesting when people bring up wars,famine,world hunger,etc,etc,etc  to  discredit LOA.... See, it's actually a fair point, but I think there's a easy explanation, the world  as a collective unit, focuses on all of that stuff, the crazy thing is, whether it's wars,racism,hunger,homelessness,etc.. people think about those things A LOT, but in a negative/worrying way.

People never think of those things, and try to think of a SOLUTION for them, imagine if all of us, who think about those things in a fearful/worry way,thought of those things in a way to SOLVE/FIX them?

My take on world events is a bit different from standard LoA fair. I see it more as co-creation, we're basically here to learn and grow together. Sometimes **** happens and we don't know why, we just have to accept it and learn, trusting that whatever happens leads us to a better place as we co-create with others.

LoA has its roots in New Age ideals and New Agers have all this other stuff too that often goes unacknowledged in LoA circles. It's like we're trying to use LoA to explain everything when there are other pieces to the puzzle. For example, why is there so much terrorism? One idea in New Age circles says it's because we signed up to experience it before we incarnated here as part of our spiritual growth, that it's not simply "Hey, people focused on it and it happened."

But for humor, let's say that LoA is the only explanation for big events on the world stage. There are contradictions to believing in that. On on hand, you can say that it's all collective - we have wars and famines because groups of people collectively focus on it and expect it. But then that implies that the individual can't create reality, they have to live under the influence or co-creation of others, doing the best they can under that. Maybe they can create a better life for themselves, but it simply won't stop the wars and famines elsewhere. It seems more realistic, but it flies in the face of the whole "you're the cause of everything" idea.

Plus, this theory simply doesn't stack up with all the other LoA theories. Before 9/11, people didn't focus on terrorism, the mood in America was very different. I don't think millions of people over here collectively imagined attacks. And how do you explain LoA for those who died? Plenty of the victims were happy to go to work, living regular lives, expecting it to be a normal Tuesday. And if multiple realities exist, I don't think I desired or imagined and felt my way into the post 9/11 world - I was a nine year old so I never saw that coming. Same with the 2008 Financial Crisis. The government, financial experts, and businessmen didn't see that coming. Everybody kept saying "There is no housing bubble! Things are different this time! Financial modernization means we'll never have depressions again!" And before we knew it we were in the worst economic turmoil since the Great Depression. What happened? People were too optimistic, they just dished out complex loans, people felt good about buying houses, they thought the ride would go on and on, only seeing the positive and the profit. We're talking about millions of people feeling good about money and the future, taking out loans for houses because that's how great they felt...and then the bubble burst. According to LoA theory, the recession should have never happened because everybody laughed it off and felt good about the economy. And then we found ourselves in a big mess. I remember 10 years ago in 2006/2007, everybody loved the housing market and people were so cheery about money and investing, and coincidentally (or not) The Secret was very popular. The idea to focus on the positive and disregard the negative is exactly why the recession was so bad, people were ignoring the risk and focusing on all the money.

Which brings me to my next point: how full of it Rhonda Byrne (author of The Secret) is. Here's one of her quotes:
"If you see people who are overweight, do not observe them, but immediately switch your mind to the picture of you in your perfect body and feel it." OK, pretty much the same Neville talks about, but c'mon....ignore overweight people? What about fit people who have overweight friends? Now what happens if you replace "overweight" with "poor" and "depressed" and "oppressed" and "starving" and "diseased"? On another forum several years ago, I remember a member who loved the teachings of Abe-Hicks. Basically, she said that were she in Africa and saw starving children, she would just pretend that they don't exist and focus on something else that gets her in the vortex. Meanwhile, people Bill Gates are very wealthy so they must be doing LoA right in that area...but they're not pretending that poverty doesn't exist, they're actually doing something about it....and they're still wealthy, observing poor kids didn't change that one bit.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with practicing the teachings and several techniques. Being positive is awesome. Visualizing a happy life and feeling it real is helpful. Knowing the power of the mind is good. I definately think there is something spiritual out there. Can LoA explain all of it? I don't know, but I doubt it. But we have to understand that there's so much we don't know, that a lot of what we call LoA is simply theory, pseudoscience, and confirmation bias...and blind allegiance to these theories without being open-minded about them is dangerous. It doesn't mean that LoA can't be real, look to your own experiences. But we need to ask ourselves what kind of world are we really creating when we say that we need to ignore suffering people or explain it away by saying that it's their vibration or subconscious faith (ideas that have no proof by the way)? It's a loss of empathy, and is that really the kind of world we want to see? That's what makes me shake my head at a lot of LoA stuff that talks about world events. Not only are there contradictions between theory and reality, but if people take it too seriously we could literally create a world without empathy or compassion. I see people often like to quote Jesus, Buddha, or Hindu texts and whatnot to say that LoA is taught in world religions, but I think what we often forget is that the "masters" also taught about having love and compassion for others, not to simply pretend that their suffering doesn't exist. While I do respect a lot of LoA theories out there, I also have to draw a line when it comes to what the broader implication of these theories mean.

12/19/2016 11:04 am  #80

Cherished wrote:

Colonel Roosevelt wrote:

Cherished wrote:

But in my experience my vibe is always a perfect match to what occurs in my life.

That makes more sense to me, but the idea that we need to believe in something 100% for it to occur simply doesn't match my own experiences. I've attracted outcomes that I've had no faith in and never expected to happen. Maybe it has to do with vibes or more general beliefs.

I think you'll find that if you look at it from a less literal perspective, you'll see very clearly how your underlying beliefs dictate how things play out. It's not so much about exact events materialising. Like, you didn't visualise or expect an interview. But what happened after the interview? Your beliefs were confirmed when you didn't get the job. So your vibe is one of "yeah I knew I wouldn't get that, I'm surprised I even got an interview." I would hedge a bet that you have other areas in your life where you're also vibing "yeah I knew that wouldn't happen." See how it's not necessarily the event? It's not about the interview, it's about your underlying vibe being highlighted for you. Or confirmed, if you will.

But sometimes it is really, really hard not to have that underlying "vibe" even when you are trying not to, because of past experience.  Same with relationships not working, or thinking you are worth less because your family background is not as good as your friends.  It's so hard to shake off. 

Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.

Board footera