Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/29/2016 12:50 pm  #31

Re: Skepticism on the use of law of attraction (harsh reality)

Cherished wrote:

I think you'll find that if you look at it from a less literal perspective, you'll see very clearly how your underlying beliefs dictate how things play out. It's not so much about exact events materialising. Like, you didn't visualise or expect an interview. But what happened after the interview? Your beliefs were confirmed when you didn't get the job. So your vibe is one of "yeah I knew I wouldn't get that, I'm surprised I even got an interview." I would hedge a bet that you have other areas in your life where you're also vibing "yeah I knew that wouldn't happen." See how it's not necessarily the event? It's not about the interview, it's about your underlying vibe being highlighted for you. Or confirmed, if you will.

Yeah, I can respect that. But if we really do create our reality, shouldn't we be able to materialize exact events the way we want it?

With this job interview, I was negative about it as I started thinking about the circumstances. At the time, I was starting to practice Abe-Hicks more often. I decided to move on from thoughts about the job since it didn't matter much to me anymore and focus on things that made me feel good.

With Abe-Hicks, I was under the impression that we don't have to work on our beliefs, we just have to let go of subjects that feel bad and find thoughts or subjects that feel good and as we get consistently, genuinely happy - we attract everything that makes us happy.

For over a week, I put that into practice so I was in a positive vibe when the job interview came. When the interview failed, I didn't really care because I realized the hours were bad, I didn't want to take the train at 4 in the morning, plus I had school to focus on too. At the time, I thought I didn't get the job because it simply wasn't a match to feeling positive. Or am I misunderstanding Abe-Hicks? (The reason I gave Abe a chance was because feeling happy seemed like a shortcut and I was sick and bored of shifting limiting beliefs with affirmations and visualization).

11/29/2016 12:59 pm  #32

Aisha wrote:

mave wrote:

It means you can mentally picture (visualize) something in your head but if your underlying beliefs are in contradiction with your mental picture, those beliefs will override the visualization.  You will therefore attract things that are in line with your underlying beliefs an not your mental picture/visualization.

You don't get what you want or what you mentally picture; you get what you believe and what you accept as/assume is true.

Ahhh so it'd be best for your beliefs and visions to match, thank you for clarifying I understand it more

I thought visualization with powerful feelings was a tool to help us believe (or feel happy) just like scripting and affirmations are? With repetition and strong feelings, eventually your underlying beliefs will change and remap so that you come to believe in your goal, right? Otherwise, what's the point of visualization? If beliefs create reality and you already believe that your desire is yours, then there is no point visualizing since the belief will manifest anyway...

11/29/2016 1:07 pm  #33

Colonel Roosevelt wrote:

When the interview failed, I didn't really care because I realized the hours were bad, I didn't want to take the train at 4 in the morning, plus I had school to focus on too.

Just throwing in my 2 cents - it seems like the bad outweighed the good. So LoA got you to the interview that you didn't think you'd get, but after the cons outweighed the pros, you realized that this no longer a desire. So, the universe delivered to you want you wanted: not getting the job.

"Believe in what you feel inside, and give your dreams the wings to fly
You have everything you need, if you just believe" -
Believe, Josh Groban
its hard to have a better tomorrow if you're still thinking about yesterday

11/29/2016 1:19 pm  #34

big_blue wrote:

Just throwing in my 2 cents - it seems like the bad outweighed the good. So LoA got you to the interview that you didn't think you'd get, but after the cons outweighed the pros, you realized that this no longer a desire. So, the universe delivered to you want you wanted: not getting the job.

Yes, I can see that. Some say you need a strong desire to manifest your goals and when I found out about the hours my desire for that specific job disappeared. Still, if we need strong desire, why are we so good at attracting unwanted things? It could also be that since I was in a positive state, the universe was reflecting different things that were a match to me and the lesson was to focus on what I like about the job and soon I'd get the perfect job with the right hours, the old "focus on what you like and you'll find more to like."

11/29/2016 4:28 pm  #35

Colonel Roosevelt wrote:

big_blue wrote:

Yes, I can see that. Some say you need a strong desire to manifest your goals and when I found out about the hours my desire for that specific job disappeared. Still, if we need strong desire, why are we so good at attracting unwanted things? It could also be that since I was in a positive state, the universe was reflecting different things that were a match to me and the lesson was to focus on what I like about the job and soon I'd get the perfect job with the right hours, the old "focus on what you like and you'll find more to like."

Yes! Exactly.. Sometimes you screw your own vibe by wondering WHY?!?!?! Instead, u just have to trust that it's all part of the path. You weren't a match to that particular job, and it ended up in your favour anyway because u didn't like the hours. So you got a bit of wanted/bit of unwanted.. And your vibe was a bit happy/ a bit meh about the job. Perfect! See?

Visualisation is POWERFUL but if you go right back to thinking "this is never gonna happen for me" then you've just wasted your time. You have to change the underlying beliefs. And it's not that hard really- because everything can only be 2 things- love or fear. We either love things and feel appreciation, or we fear things. And you can choose to love instead of fear at any time. It's a choice, and a habit.. And it changes your whole vibe when you practice choosing love every moment you can. With the job, simply remaining open and loving yourself, and trusting that great things are coming opens you up to a million possibilities. That is self love. Deciding that not getting the job is bad (as an example) closes you off for any other possibilities to occur. So keeping your energy open with "hmmmm, this means something way better is on its way!" will yield to you what you ACTUALLY want- which is the better job with the better hours.

And it's true, it's as easy as finding something in your immediate vicinity and vibing appreciation for it. The more you do that, the more relaxed you become and the more you allow better experiences into your life. THAT is the difference between manifesting success or not. If you can't think positively about your specific desire, you won't ever manifest it in full. So you're best to think of things that DO make you feel good. If you CAN think of your specific desire with excitement and joy, then it's coming.

If you imagine it in your mind..
Believe it in your heart..
Feel it in your soul..
You will hold it in your hand 💞 

11/29/2016 5:01 pm  #36

Colonel Roosevelt wrote:

I thought visualization with powerful feelings was a tool to help us believe (or feel happy) just like scripting and affirmations are? With repetition and strong feelings, eventually your underlying beliefs will change and remap so that you come to believe in your goal, right? Otherwise, what's the point of visualization? If beliefs create reality and you already believe that your desire is yours, then there is no point visualizing since the belief will manifest anyway...

When you believe that your desire is yours, then it is. People that don't know anything about LoA still manifest their desires. Maybe we have different definitions of beliefs. For me, a belief is something that you aren't conscious of, something you just know is a particular way. For example, you believe that the sky is blue. That's something you don't question, because you just know it for a fact. If you would now start to visualise a green sky, nothing would change. You have to become aware that you believe that the sky is blue and the moment you become aware of it, it's no longer a belief, but a choice.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

Neville Goddard ~ The Law and the Promise

11/29/2016 6:55 pm  #37

I think "beliefs" is tricky for a lot of people.  Beliefs are formed by repeated thoughts.  However, that statement alone kinda doesn't really explain a whole lot.  

As Sanshi uses in her example with the sky - a belief is what you assume to be true - consciously and more importantly, subconsciously - you assume that the sky is blue - this is an ingrained assumption of the existence of something in your world - so ingrained - you're not really conscious of it - you probably don't walk around all day long reaffirming to yourself that the sky is blue - it's so ingrained, you've just accepted it as fact, and you move on with your day/life.

When you think repeated thoughts, you begin to believe/assume/accept that they are true - that those thoughts and that perspective you have is real.  

This goes hand in hand with the phrase "act as if" - it's not so much the physical acting (setting a place for two, making space in the closet, etc.) - it's more the assumption/acceptance that this is just how things are - it's what you "know." 

The assumption and acceptance of things being a certain way are the product of your beliefs (repeated thoughts).  When you repeatedly think something, it becomes ingrained in your subconscious, translating into your conscious world - reflecting back to and in the external world that which you assume to be the truth.....

11/29/2016 7:28 pm  #38

Cherished wrote:

Visualisation is POWERFUL but if you go right back to thinking "this is never gonna happen for me" then you've just wasted your time. You have to change the underlying beliefs. And it's not that hard really- because everything can only be 2 things- love or fear. We either love things and feel appreciation, or we fear things. And you can choose to love instead of fear at any time. It's a choice, and a habit.. And it changes your whole vibe when you practice choosing love every moment you can.

So if I want to change my underlying beliefs, visualization is not the tool to do it?

I thought it was OK to visualize and then think thoughts like ""this is never gonna happen for me" if we use affirmations or self-soothing thoughts to turn that around and then eventually our conscious thoughts will change completely as our visualization sets in?

If I want to change my underlying beliefs, all I have to do is find anything to love and appreciate and focus on that?

Cherished wrote:

With the job, simply remaining open and loving yourself, and trusting that great things are coming opens you up to a million possibilities. That is self love. Deciding that not getting the job is bad (as an example) closes you off for any other possibilities to occur. So keeping your energy open with "hmmmm, this means something way better is on its way!" will yield to you what you ACTUALLY want- which is the better job with the better hours.

Does it work the same way with attracting a specific person? If I want an ex back, should I be open to the possibility of someone better and keep my energy open with "this means something way better is on its way!"? I know Abe says that if you want a specific person be general about it and appreciate what you like about them and you'll get the essence (which may or may not be that specific person?). I remember a thread on here a while back where someone lost her job and the advice given to her was to move on because it means that something better is coming, but when the same advice is given for ex-back scenarios people get very angry and sensitive.

Cherished wrote:

If you can't think positively about your specific desire, you won't ever manifest it in full. So you're best to think of things that DO make you feel good.

And that is why appreciation is more powerful than visualization?

Cherished wrote:

If you CAN think of your specific desire with excitement and joy, then it's coming.

So we do have to polish our thoughts around our specific desires? It's not just about feeling good in general then, it's really about feeling excitement and joy for our specific desire?

11/29/2016 7:43 pm  #39

Sanshi wrote:

You have to become aware that you believe that the sky is blue and the moment you become aware of it, it's no longer a belief, but a choice.

This suggests that if we want to change our underlying beliefs then we have to first be aware of what those beliefs are. Otherwise visualizing, focusing on the end result, or finding the better-feeling story won't work since the underlying belief is still there and we're unaware of it.

11/29/2016 7:56 pm  #40

Right - first you have to figure out what you've been assuming/accepting/believing as true/fact for you.  
Then you can ask yourself if that assumption serves you well and if that assumption is in line with your desires for your ideal self.
If the assumptions (beliefs) are not, then you can begin to work on changing those core beliefs/assumptions to that they're in line (aligned) with your preferred self/life/reality, etc.

I've found this article immensely helpful at breaking things down: 

http://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/#easychange

Check out the section on "It's all a hologram of many holograms" which explains beliefs and perceptions.

Board footera