Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/01/2016 1:28 pm  #1

New to this. NC confusion

Hi. Im new to practicing the LOA principles to my life. Since my breakup ive been working on removing neg energy and came across the LOA. But I'm confused about the NC rule. If I am focusing on only positive results/outcomes to occur and live my life like i already have what i desire, then why would texting my ex be harmful?  Wouldn't the result of reaching out to him be positive?  Thats what i dont understand. It would seem like saying DONT CONTACT HIM would be giving off a neg vibe since it would make think that if i contacted him something bad would happen. So why is it advised not to contact them? Im confused on that.

4/01/2016 2:22 pm  #2

Re: New to this. NC confusion

My personal opinion:

NC is considered a rule on this forum, but if you ask me - it's too dogmatic. I see nothing wrong with initiating contact it feels right to you.

The biggest advantage of a NC period is that it gives us time to heal, to help us learn and feel better, to help us be more positive and decide on what's best for us and what we really want in life. It's a time to get ourselves back.

Sometimes people like when the other person initiates first out of ego (want to feel desired) or because they're scared of rejection. Other times people will initiate and either not get a response or get a conversation that makes them feel worse and the spiral into sadness continues. So NC is like a buffer to prevent the monkey mind - those anxious thoughts about whether you did the right thing, if they will contact back or not, and if it will work out.

Of course, it doesn't apply to every relationship. If you had a bad breakup with an ex and one side doesn't want to be contacted by the other, NC is very apt. But if you broke up and it wasn't messy or you're still friends, then contacting can be good. And if you're just attracting someone new, then what's the problem with contacting first? Either way, it's subjective and the NC rule doesn't apply to every situation. Some people think it does because they just heard the advice from others and stuck to it. Sometimes, I think people love the NC rule because they're just scared of contacting first.

And yes, I see your point that if we're focusing on positive outcomes and generally living a positive life, then we should in theory expect a positive outcome. And I do agree, but a lot of LoA theory hasn't matched well with my real life experiences. Bad things have happened when I was feeling good, wonderful things have happened when I was blue. I think people are just generally scared of initiating contact so they cling to it and make it a rule.

A common argument in favor of the NC rule is that if you have complete faith, then contacting first isn't necessary. Maybe it's true, but what if contacting first is your path of least resistance? What if it makes you feel good? What if the more you develop faith, the more your gut feeling tells you to contact? What if when you're in alignment, then you feel like contacting first? It reminds me of this story: http://storiesforpreaching.com/i-sent-you-a-rowboat/Β  We can use all the LoA tools we want and have faith that the end goal will work out for us, but maybe contacting first (for some people) is the best way to reach that end goal (happy relationship).

My opinion is to just do what your heart tells you. Our gut feelings and intuition knows a lot more than any book or website out there, so trust your intuition. Ultimately, we are one with the Universe, and having faith in the Universe means to have faith in ourselves as well, so trusting ourselves - our own intuitive powers - can be just what we need to get going. After all, if LoA is to teach us anything, shouldn't we learn to have faith in ourselves instead of having faith only in rules?

Β 

4/01/2016 2:40 pm  #3

I understand the principles of the LOA and can apply them to my life. The only one that causes confusion is that one bc the NC rule puts me in the position of waiting for my desire to manifest w/o any influence on my part. Like I am supposed to just let it come out of nowhere. But thats like telling me that if my desire is to win the lottery but and then say "but dont even think about ever buying a lottery ticket and just watch your manifestation occur". Like arent we supposed to do things with a poz intent and expect poz results? I know that things in past have failed bc when I did them i was filled with doubt and negative thoughts so thats why they failed. But is the opposite not true? If I do things with a positive mindset and expect positive results, wouldn't they then happen? Or am I missing something about how the LoA works ?

Last edited by White4 (4/01/2016 2:47 pm)

4/01/2016 2:51 pm  #4

I broke NC today but I'm not entirely sure of the effectiveness. I sent a text to his number but I haven't texted it in so long and he was away until now for 5 months so I have no idea if it's even still his number. The text was positive with nothing to reply to because I don't want to force a reply or make a reply seem like what I wanted, I just wanted to send a message of positivity to him. It was a messy break up, he is resistant to hearing from me.....there is someone else in his picture ....so I don't want to have any pressure coming from me in his life but I feel that I have to be the one to initiate because he's so resistant and because he doesn't seem to view me as a positive influence on his life right now (just an annoyance) so I think I need to change his view of me first before I can really just leave it up to loa ....Β 

'What We Think, We Become' -Buddha

4/01/2016 2:54 pm  #5

See im with you on that. Im confused bc if we are going on the principles of LoA then we should have nothing to fear when we contact them if we are truly doing it with positive thoughts right?

4/01/2016 3:04 pm  #6

The NC rule seems to create negative vibrations for me bc it makes me think that I better not try to contact him or else something bad might happen or I'll do some sort of damage. But that seems to go against what the LoA teaches. So im trying to figure out how the NC rule fits in w/the LoA? Would you share your thoughts?

Last edited by White4 (4/01/2016 3:05 pm)

4/01/2016 3:11 pm  #7

Ok. I agree that the NC rule is beneficial when one has recently gone thru a break up. It gives time for both to heal. But my break up happened a couple months ago. And over the last 30 days ive only txt him twice. Both were just casual "hi how are you doing" type things. Nothing really good or bad. So now that I'm developing into a more positive person, should I wait another 25 days since I really have not had any contact with him for a month now aside from 2 casual txts?

4/01/2016 4:01 pm  #8

It's not a RULE here, it simply makes sense to practice no contact to attract what you want. You have to actually signal to the universe that you trust and believe that your desire is coming. And the best way to send that signal is to put the desire out there and happily go about your life knowing the person will soon contact you. The buffer of time automatically gives you both space. Your ability to let go and trust will shift your vibration. And when they DO contact you, you will see very clearly how people respond to your positive shift in energy. If you are indeed meant to initiate contact, you will feel inspired to do so in an unmistakeable way, and the the results will be positive. It's a win-win and a no-brainer in my opinion. 😊

If you imagine it in your mind..
Believe it in your heart..
Feel it in your soul..
You will hold it in your hand πŸ’žΒ 

4/01/2016 4:06 pm  #9

What does that mean when you say "inspired" I'm not clear on what you mean when I would feel inspired to do something?  Would you give me an example? And thank you for responding.

4/01/2016 4:17 pm  #10

The difference between lacking and inspired is this. You miss him, you wish he would contact you, you check your phone over and over, and then you convince yourself that it's a great idea to send one little text. You energy the whole time has been focused on him NOT being there, and you then lose MORE of your power as you become a slave to the waiting game.. Will he respond? What if he doesn't? Why didn't he respond? What a jackass!....... That's simply messy.

Inspired action comes when you deliberately make the effort to control your thoughts. You  consciously use your mind to direct your thoughts in a positive and productive way. When you do think of him, it is with eagerness and a sense of unconditional love. You go about your days happily, trusting that he will come. And then something very funny or specific happens. And you get a sudden urge to share that with him. So you send him a "omg the funniest thing just happened.. remember when..." And you end it there. You send it purely because you feel like he will share that moment of connection. But you're doing it genuinely out of unconditional love. There are no questions, no ulterior motives and you actually don't require a response at all. The pull to send a message will be strong and extremely positive. And afterwards you will feel happiness. You simply KNOW when you are inspired to take action. It's obvious.. And if you are questioning if you should or not, then don't kid yourself. It's not inspired action.

If you imagine it in your mind..
Believe it in your heart..
Feel it in your soul..
You will hold it in your hand πŸ’žΒ 

Board footera