Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/10/2016 11:39 pm  #1

How I created a business that operates in 200 countries

You will only appreciate everything that you've done when you compare where you are now to when and how you first started. I want to share this particular story from my OWN experience.

I am an entrepreneur for 10 years now. I've had 4 businesses, one successful exit (sold my previous company), and the current one started in Nov 2013 as an IDEA, and remained so for months. 

1. DESIRED OUTCOME - It all started with MY IDEA OF A DESIRED LIFESTYLE, the kind of life that I wanted to live.

I've always been VERY CLEAR about this. My END RESULT was to have a mobile lifestyle -- one that's not constrained by location or fixed work hours or a particular business / job in one location. I also wanted money to flow very easily in my life. 

I also wanted the ability to go from one place to another. This was the OUTCOME THAT I WANTED. I had no idea how to achieve this but I remember thinking and dreaming about this kind of life.

2. DIFFERENT IDEAS PRESENTED TO ME - As soon as I had that DESIRE, thoughts and ideas kept popping in my mind. I'd take a shower and think of an idea. I'd go shopping and think of an idea. I'd be on a trip and think of an idea.

I know now that these ideas were created by my subconscious mind together with the universal mind.  

From my desired outcome, I started to think of the kind of work / business to get involved in. At first it wasn't clear to me what to do at all.

But I had my IDEAL BUSINESS DESCRIPTION.  I wanted a boundless business and something that is very scalable. I also needed it to be automated -- something that doesn't require a big team to operate. It also needs to be on the cloud and accessible anywhere I go. Since I love technology and my previous one was a tech business, I wanted this to be a tech business as well. 

Whenever I thought of a business idea, I'd check if that idea fit the description of my IDEAL BUSINESS. Is it boundless, automated, scalable, on the cloud, accessible anywhere, in tech? If the idea didn't fit my description, I rejected it. 

3. DEFINING MY CHOSEN IDEA -  After months of thinking, I finally had the EUREKA! moment -- and this idea is totally perfect given my experience and background in the industry (programmatic advertising). 

To be more clear with this idea, I mind-mapped the details of my business to give it more life. I love mind mapping and I use it a lot in my life.

I began to think of the different teams that work within the business, the kind of technology that we need to have, the suppliers, the kind of clients that will use our technology, the office, the culture, the staff, etc. 

Although I was ALONE, I became excited with my imaginary company. At that time, I didn't consciously visualize all the details but I would always write things down and mind map my thoughts out so I can see everything in its entirety.  I wasn't into this whole 'reality creation' and LOA thing yet, and I only read about The Secret and watched it on DVD once so I wasn't consciously doing visualizations. 

4. SYNCHRONICITIES - I keep meeting people in the industry and kept getting invites to conferences in New York, San Francisco, Barcelona, Las Vegas, etc. I would always attend these events and would meet a bunch of people who have answers to my questions.

I also met successful entrepreneur in Silicon Valley and San Francisco when I'd go out for coffee at Starbucks or Peet's -- and they were all in the industry that I wanted to get into, or have previously worked in that industry. I met lawyers, venture capitalists, angel investors, and employees that are very familiar in my chosen field and they all gave me tips on how to operate a startup successfully. 

Looking back now, I know that the Universal Mind was slowly acting on putting together my desire through these amazing coincidences. 

5. ACTION - I finally decided to ACT ON my idea after 6 months of thinking, mind mapping, getting synchronicities, etc.

Although I didn't have the whole picture of what I wanted to build, I decided to live one day at a time. I would just do whatever I could do for a day and then wait for another day. Inspiration would come on some days and I would act on those inspiration.  I trusted that I'd have more clarity as days went by. 

Also, as though by sheer coincidence (it's the Universal Mind working for me 24/7), I came across amazing software engineers from France, New York, and one talented team from India. Together, they built my technology for almost one year. 

6. MENTAL FOCUS AND ABSOLUTE FAITH - As a female solo founder of an ambitious tech start-up in the tech Mecca of the world (San Francisco), I was intimidated. At the same time, I started pressuring myself to make this new venture work given that my previous one was successfully sold to a bigger company. 

The road from building my company to where I am now is not easy. I met very successful entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley who built multi-million dollar companies who EXPLICITLY told me that they couldn't see how I could make this whole thing work on my own.

One investment banker from Harvard told me that he couldn't wrap his head around what I was trying to build, but he could see the huge potential. He eventually told me that he thought my idea was impossible, and that I was dreaming. He suggested that I should cut my losses and work on simpler ideas instead. 

I would get discouraged from time to time, and many times, I thought about calling it quits because these people spoke from experience. I also didn't earn a penny for more than a year and just kept spending left and right. I'd worry about running out of funds and left with a failed startup.

But I would always tell myself, "But I made up my mind that this would be done and I'd be successful," And so I carried on... and in my mind, I made that decision to finish what I started, no matter what happens. 

7. PERSEVERANCE - When the first version of our technology was done exactly a year later, I was so happy. It wasn't perfect and had a lot of parts to fix, but I was so glad that we actually had a working tech.

But there was a problem: I had no clients, and I had no idea how to find clients. I didn't know how to pitch the technology. It's also still a very new technology so I had to invest on educating my prospective clients. 

I also didn't have any staff. I was the only one. That part I wanted to solve creatively as well. 

I was extremely disillusioned and discouraged again. I'd pack my bags and go on short trips to clear my head. Or I'd do other things like take cooking classes and focus on yoga. I dreaded going back to working on my startup because I didn't want to solve the problems. 

But then, I'd always go back to my startup and then tell myself, "But I made up my mind that I will build this no matter what!". At this time, I discovered EFT. And this was a HUGE HUGE HELP for me. Whenever I'd feel anxious, I'd tap into my anxiety. My anxiety disappeared instantly. This is why I believe in EFT so much because it cleared many of my fears, doubts, and worries. 

To bring in new clients, I decided to give my ALL. I told myself that I can't complain not getting clients when I haven't tried and didn't give my all. 

So I decided to call my previous contacts, my connections and my network and told them what I am doing now. I did this 12 hours a day, everyday, except weekends. Eventually, I got like 8 clients -- all advertising agencies I worked with in the past. 

8. OPERATIONS AND MORE SOLUTIONS  - I officially hired my first staff (who is my brother), in March 2015. We had 14 clients at that time. 

When you start your business operations, that's when you will discover what's working and what's not working in your processes and what needs to be fixed or discontinue. You will also get to know your clients' needs, as well as your staff's overall attitude towards their work. I needed to make A LOT of adjustments. 

I will not enumerate the number of challenges that I faced since we started operations but let's say I had more than 100 challenges (problems). But I always focused on the solution. This was the mindset that I developed through the years. Every problem has it's polar opposite (Law of Polarity), which is a solution. I gotta find that solution. 

9. MY DESIRE IS MATERIALIZED - Two years and two months later since the time I conceived my business as an idea (Nov 2013), after more than 100 problems, emotional challenges, etc. I can safely say now that my desired lifestyle is materialized --- exactly as how I envisioned it to be. 

I also am very happy with how my company is growing. All my imaginary staff, ideal clients, processes, technology, etc. are now manifested in my physical reality.  We have a great office in downtown San Francisco and a satellite office in Southeast Asia. 

We have a more stable technology that's being used by more than 200 advertising agencies and brands from around the world. We have clients in all continents. Each of these agencies run at least 10 campaigns for at least 10 clients and spend on the average $20K a month. 

Our big clients include Nike, Groupon, Macy's, Angry Birds, WhatsApp, Office Depot, Mint, many mobile apps and brands outside of the U.S. and most of the properties owned by the Rocket Internet Group. We have presidential candidates in Asia using our technology for their campaigns as well. 

I get invites to ad conferences worldwide as an exhibitor and we've been to a couple in Singapore, Thailand, and Dubai. I also get invites to talk about programmatic advertising from schools, startup events, conferences, etc. I mentor startups and I judge Startup Weekend events as well -- when I have the time. 

Our company has ZERO debt. This is a self-funded venture and I was determined to build it without borrowing money from anyone and without money from investors.

I still own my company 100%. This means I call the shots and NOT answerable to anymore. This means I can take a break whenever want to (YES!). 

We are profitable and consistently reach or exceed our sales projections month over month. 

We are growing every month and I expect to grow fast in 2016. Our target is to reach 500-1000 clients (ad agencies) by end of 2016. 

Recently, a publisher in China proposed a publishing deal. They wanted me to co-author a book on programmatic advertising --- the first ever about this industry -- to be published in China. 

I also started writing a book on the same that's geared for independent marketers and agencies -- in ENGLISH. 

We get more than 20-40 inquiries every single day from our site from agencies, mobile networks, and brands to use our technology. We have a team of support staff that operates 24/7 to answer inquiries and go on calls. 

I have 17 staff in all whom I personally trained. 

I work from home all the time, in Southeast Asia -- where I grew up. I go back to the US every 3 months. I don't work all the time because my business is 95% automated. If there's a part that's not automated, we automate it. At times I don't work at all. I chat with friends on Viber and lurk on Veronica's forum.

I also homeschool my son full-time so I could bring him anywhere I go as well. 

Although I can safely say that I already achieved my desired lifestyle within two years, I believe that this is just the beginning.

I am grateful of the knowledge and wisdom that I discovered and learned in 2015 about creating my reality. I don't believe in luck or coincidences -- that they just happened to me. I believe I created all -- through my desires, mental focus, a disciplined mind, faith in my ideas, and inspired actions.

My profound realization that I am one with the Universal Mind and not separate from it is a HUGE HELP in developing my faith and certainty that what I want will happen if I WILL FOR IT TO HAPPEN.

Everyday I keep reminding myself that I have this immense and limitless ability to design my life, and that I am only limited by my thoughts and imagination. Whenever I think of this, I feel powerful and in control of what happens to me. 

I hope you got something out of this personal experience :-)

Last edited by Vera (2/11/2016 12:01 am)

2/11/2016 12:17 am  #2

Re: How I created a business that operates in 200 countries

THANK YOU.

How can I fail with an entire forum on my side? 

2/11/2016 12:28 am  #3

Excellent job! Very happy for you!

Have you read Think and Grow Rich? I can't help but think of that book as I read this.

Some questions:

1. Did you only act on your ideas on days when you felt the inspiration to act? So on days when you didn't feel like it, you would just focus on something else? This reminds me of Bashar's following the path of highest excitement.

2. What helped you keep your faith? It sounds to me like the affirmation "But I made up my mind that this would be done and I'd be successful" worked really great for you. How did you feel whenever you repeated that thought? It also seems like taking time to focus on something else that helps you feel better (cooking classes, yoga, short trips) really helped you feel better and that made believing easier. My personal process when disappointment strikes is to just focus on something else that makes me feel better for a little bit to soothe the sadness and fear and then practice better-feeling affirmations/visualization in that peaceful/confident state of mind. Would you say it's a similar process for you as well?

3. How did you come to the realization that you are one with the Universal Mind? How does this work with the subconscious and conscious mind? My understanding is that our conscious thoughts, if magnetized by enough emotional power and repitition, can make an impression on the subconscious mind and the Universal Mind. The Universal Mind then finds ways for us to bring our ideas into reality through more ideas, intuition, feelings, or visions from the subconscious mind. We need the conscious will to act on these hunches and part of that is disciplining the mind to focus on positive influences (better feeling thoughts about our desires), so as not to block it with fear and doubt. Can you explain more on this? 

4. How did you keep the mental discipline to listen to yourself instead of the "experts"?

Thanks for the cool post.

2/11/2016 12:30 am  #4

I work in digital advertising!!! We probably use your company, I'm just not aware.

What we think, we create. What we feel, we attract. What we imagine, we become. 
xo Gabby 

2/11/2016 1:07 am  #5

So inspiring! Thank you for sharing!

Julie- LOA Coach

The entire Universe lives inside of you, why play small? 
http://veronicaisles.com/html/03_coachingPackages.html

2/11/2016 1:36 am  #6

Hi, CR. Thanks for the questions. Replies in italics. 

Have you read Think and Grow Rich? I can't help but think of that book as I read this.

Yes, I read it many years ago. This book and The Apprentice (show) inspired me to become an entrepreneur. I also read The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles and that book is instrumental in helping me get back on my feet after the economic crisis of 2008 -  2010. 

Some questions:

1. Did you only act on your ideas on days when you felt the inspiration to act? So on days when you didn't feel like it, you would just focus on something else? This reminds me of Bashar's following the path of highest excitement.

Being an entrepreneur taught me how to discipline my mind and become emotionally tough, although I still have moments when I totally lose control over something that seems hard to control (heart matters.)

I also learned to act fast. I like to act right away so, yes, when I'd have inspirations and my intuition tells me that I should act on that idea, inspiration, thought, solution to problems, I would do it right away, especially when it's fresh, and I am excited about it. I don't let the excitement fade away. I always believe that inspirations come unexpectedly for a reason, and you will know why when you act on it and not let it pass. This is particularly true in business. 

2. What helped you keep your faith? It sounds to me like the affirmation "But I made up my mind that this would be done and I'd be successful" worked really great for you. How did you feel whenever you repeated that thought? It also seems like taking time to focus on something else that helps you feel better (cooking classes, yoga, short trips) really helped you feel better and that made believing easier. My personal process when disappointment strikes is to just focus on something else that makes me feel better for a little bit to soothe the sadness and fear and then practice better-feeling affirmations/visualization in that peaceful/confident state of mind. Would you say it's a similar process for you as well?

I only had PLAN A. I had no Plans B, C, D, or E. This how many entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley operate. They are totally focused on their startups. They give up everything, and max-out their credit cards to bootstrap their ideas. They have this attitude of "ALL OR NOTHING". This bullish attitude builds faith, and is what motivated me to get up in the morning and work relentlessly on my idea.

​I also believe that NECESSITY is the mother of creation. When you operate out of necessity, you develop this  WILL POWER to make it through the end. It's like going to war, you either win or lose. No in-betweens. It's live or die LOL. 

NECESSITY is also the reason many companies were built during The Great Depression or the recent world economic crisis. When you don't have a lot of options, you become creative in your thinking as an entrepreneur. This is how the sharing economy came about. Through creative thinking, you utilize the immense power of your mind. 

On my part, this was a deliberate plan to only have ONE PLAN. When you have one plan, you are forced to make it work. When you are forced to make it work, you have no choice but to stop your mental tantrums and replace your tantrums with a disciplined mind. I had no choice but have ABSOLUTE FAITH. Faith doesn't just happen --- you have to build it over time, until you are totally convinced that you future is certain. 

I also quit my part-time consulting job to focus on this 100%. And since it is overwhelming to live in San Francisco because everyone is working on their startups, I literally removed San Francisco from my midst for 1 year. I relocated to a quiet suburb outside of San Francisco one hour via metro (BART) so I wouldn't be tempted to attend tech events. I didn't read tech or business news, didn't have to know what company got acquired, didn't need to know who got millions in funding. I didn't need all the noise. I just wanted to do my thing. 

I would still go to SF from time to time for some events but I made sure I wouldn't get overwhelmed. 

​Since I am only human, I still got overwhelmed. I remember crying out of nowhere because I felt I was working on the impossible. At this point, I discovered meditation and EFT and these two techniques tremendously helped calm my mind. I also did listen to the audiobook of The Science of Getting Rich and The Power almost every day. 

Taking a time off from my startup is my way of calming my mind. It takes a lot of mental effort to start a business, so I would focus on things that didn't require a lot of mental effort. 

3. How did you come to the realization that you are one with the Universal Mind? How does this work with the subconscious and conscious mind? My understanding is that our conscious thoughts, if magnetized by enough emotional power and repitition, can make an impression on the subconscious mind and the Universal Mind. The Universal Mind then finds ways for us to bring our ideas into reality through more ideas, intuition, feelings, or visions from the subconscious mind. We need the conscious will to act on these hunches and part of that is disciplining the mind to focus on positive influences (better feeling thoughts about our desires), so as not to block it with fear and doubt. Can you explain more on this? 

You are correct. These THREE MINDS are ONE MIND with three different aspects. I will post a separate explanation about this on a separate thread since I have written about this already. 

4. How did you keep the mental discipline to listen to yourself instead of the "experts"?

I know myself and my abilities better than they know me. That's all I knew at that time. Also, I was operating out of NEED. 

Last edited by Vera (2/11/2016 1:45 am)

2/11/2016 2:06 am  #7

How do I not take advice from you but instead fallow my own heart and wisdom?

2/11/2016 2:18 am  #8

Infinite keeps messaging me about a thread that Veronica already deleted. Infinite = Adam; Adam = Infinite. 

2/11/2016 2:24 am  #9

Thank you Vera!

2/11/2016 2:25 am  #10

Infinite wrote:

How do I not take advice from you but instead fallow my own heart and wisdom?

Sam wrote:

Adam. I 💛 ya, but I can't watch you spell follow incorrectly anymore.

😜

You guys crack me up lol

Board footera