Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/14/2017 2:15 pm  #1

Self love - What the heck does that even mean?!

"You have to love yourself" is an advice you often here from people of the LoA community. For me, this concept has always been hard to grasp, especially because no one who has given that advice has ever explained what it actually means. I think for many of you it might be as fuzzy as it was for me. Lately, I came to a conclusion for myself. It's probably not the only answer to the question what self love really means, but I think it's an interesting angle to look at it and beneficial, when it comes to working with LoA, so I wanted to share it with you.

Of course, there is this very obvious part to it: it means treating yourself nicely, taking care of your body and walking away from people and situations that aren't good for you. But what most of us are almost completely oblivious to is how we feel in every moment. We do things (like what I listed before) to make us feel better and think that's self love - and it is. But it is action-oriented self love. I claim that what we need is more emotion-oriented self love. We focus on so many things every day, some of them don't feel good at all, but we still focus on them. We do it, because we think that we should, that it is necessary or just because out of habit. We talk to other people about things that we don't like and are able to almost completely overlook our guidance in that moment, because we are so used to the negative emotion.
True self love is caring more about how you feel than about anything else in every moment in time. It's about the relationship between your physcial you and your Inner Being that is always guiding you. Listening to your feelings means that you are aware that you aren't just your physical body, but that you are always connected to your higher part. It means that you trust your higher part aka Yourself and that you make the relationship between you and You - as Abe put it - the most important relationship in your life.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

Neville Goddard ~ The Law and the Promise

4/14/2017 2:34 pm  #2

Re: Self love - What the heck does that even mean?!

Self love is something I've really been focusing on lately and I 100% agree!! I love everything you write on here, from your help to others or your own posts!! I definitely agree it is the emotions that matter most. Feel good, receive good!! All comes from within. Also reminds me of Abe's videos on unconditional love, and how that itself is just alignment with source and how living conditionally (walking away from certain people, action oriented things) will only give us happiness/love for a certain amount of tine

Last edited by Thelawoflove (4/14/2017 2:39 pm)

4/14/2017 3:29 pm  #3

That is also what I have been focusing on as well, I feel it is so important for every aspect in your life! x

4/14/2017 4:00 pm  #4

So if self love is caring more about how you feel ,then loving someone with all your heart and you caring about that feeling is something wonderful.
And not something that should be taken as longing missing or anything else negative.
Cause that's a feeling and we care about our feelings.

4/14/2017 4:12 pm  #5

creator1980 wrote:

So if self love is caring more about how you feel ,then loving someone with all your heart and you caring about that feeling is something wonderful.
And not something that should be taken as longing missing or anything else negative.
Cause that's a feeling and we care about our feelings.

Exactly. It always depends on your focus. When you focus in a pure way on something you want, it feels wonderful, because you are in alignment with yourself. It doesn't matter what makes you feel this way. If you can feel that way about your love, think about it. When you feel discord coming up (which would be longing, missing and so on), change the subject and think about something else that makes your heart sing.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

4/14/2017 4:14 pm  #6

Thelawoflove wrote:

Self love is something I've really been focusing on lately and I 100% agree!! I love everything you write on here, from your help to others or your own posts!! I definitely agree it is the emotions that matter most. Feel good, receive good!! All comes from within. Also reminds me of Abe's videos on unconditional love, and how that itself is just alignment with source and how living conditionally (walking away from certain people, action oriented things) will only give us happiness/love for a certain amount of tine

Thanks.

Walking away doesn't work anyway, because you walk in the arms of that which you are walking away from until you change your vibration about it.

4/14/2017 11:40 pm  #7

Awesome thank you for this post cause I have also had trouble figuring out what exactly self love means....this is a very nice point of view though and kind of my way of seeing things now that I think about it.I mean some of my friends ask dude don't you have pride now that your love doesn't want you?and I say no I have loving feelings I care more about those.

Board footera