Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/07/2015 5:09 pm  #1

Self Love πŸ’ž

I want to talk about self love.  What is it? People will always tell you "you must find love in yourself... You have to love yourself before anyone else can love you.. " But what does that actually MEAN? and how do we DO that? 

I've been on this wonderful journey for most of the year now,  and I can finally say that I have arrived at my own understanding of self love.  Everybody will perceive it differently, and that is perfect. 

I come from a household where you "think the absolute worst and you'll never be too disappointed." Seriously.  My dad still tells me this ALL the time... Is he happy?  No Sir!  And (hint) my mum died from cancer. I was always very critical of myself,  always put myself down, and always expected the worst! And you know what? Even so, life has still been pretty OK! Despite my horrible thinking. This highlights the fact that we TRULY live in a perfectly abundant universe.

Now, fast forward. I stumbled upon LOA. And what you must master if you are to become a Jedi, is this self love piece. I had absolutely no self love. I thought I was doing everything right by serving others. Everyone came before me, and I lived to ensure that others were happy. And I was MISERABLE! I ended up with a partner who was emotionally abusive, and in complete control of me. I was reminded daily of my flaws, of my shortcomings.. And instead of standing up for myself, I agreed! I apologised profusely and promised to try harder and be better, and reach further next time.

One magical day, the spell was suddenly broken. I woke up. And realised that this is MY life, that I AM deserving of everything I've EVER desired! But I still had such negative thoughts about myself. I would look in the mirror and cry. I had an eating disorder. I was so disconnected from myself that I truly believed I'd never be good enough.

I began to do affirmations. I didn't believe them. But I said them anyway. Every day. I read everything I could about LOA and creating your own reality. I decided that I had done a fabulous job thus far, of creating the life I had! Nobody loved me, I was just there to be used and kicked around.  That's the track I had running through my head,  and that's exactly what played out. 

I began to wonder.. What if..  Just WHAT IF I were a magnificent, beautiful woman? How would that feel?  How would I walk?  How would I talk? I have always had an enormous heart,  with so much love to give away.  What if I showered it on myself instead of giving it away to unworthy people?
For weeks, I would sit and look in the mirror. I'd affirm to myself that I was special, gorgeous, beautiful. And a funny thing happened. Slowly, I started to feel better.  I began to like myself. I appreciated the things around me,  and my thoughts began to morph into lovely thoughts! And as if by magic,  I suddenly had people saying to me "you look amazing" and "you are really great!" So of course I went back and revised my affirmations, to make them even MORE flamboyant.. And yes indeed, people shortly began telling me I was now "incredibly beautiful." It was hilarious! And empowering.

What I am learning more and more each day,  is that I am the only person I need to focus on.  If I can do that,  then others will be drawn to me.  When I find that connection with myself and fill myself up with love, THAT is when the universe responds and brings me more things to love. And things that love ME. I've discovered that when I am connected with my true self, I don't NEED anybody else. It is liberating, and ever so empowering. I encourage you all to take a similar journey, and to find yourself. I'd love to hear from others about their journey to self-love. Perhaps we can practice more of it here. πŸ’ž

If you imagine it in your mind..
Believe it in your heart..
Feel it in your soul..
You will hold it in your hand πŸ’žΒ 

8/07/2015 6:12 pm  #2

Re: Self Love πŸ’ž

Thanks cherished

8/07/2015 8:18 pm  #3

Self love is the best kind of love. Since I started really focused on ME, spoiling ME, and just doing ME, I started becoming happy!

It's just impateince that gets me but SELF LOVE PEOPLE is the quickest to make yourself feel good. It works!

Rupaul said, " if you can't love yourself how the HELL YOU gonna love somebody else" as cheesy as it is, it's so true.

So do this people, it's was the thing that helped me get out of my major funk when I got here. Be positively selfish YOU ARE IMPORTANT, put yourself on the pedestal, not who you are trying to attract. People find confidence and what you exude to be sexy! So why not practice it?

Last edited by CarpeDiem (8/07/2015 8:22 pm)

8/07/2015 8:29 pm  #4

CarpeDiem wrote:

Self love is the best kind of love. Since I started really focused on ME, spoiling ME, and just doing ME, I started becoming happy!

It's just impateince that gets me but SELF LOVE PEOPLE is the quickest to make yourself feel good. It works!

Rupaul said, " if you can't love yourself how the HELL YOU gonna love somebody else" as cheesy as it is, it's so true.

So do this people, it's was the thing that helped me get out of my major funk when I got here. Be positively selfish YOU ARE IMPORTANT, put yourself on the pedestal, not who you are trying to attract. People find confidence and what you exude to be sexy! So why not practice it?

Β 
Yes indeed! Take them off the pedestal and jump right up there yourself! There is NOBODY more worthy than you! And ME lol πŸ˜‚

Last edited by Cherished (8/07/2015 8:29 pm)

Feel it in your soul..

8/07/2015 9:39 pm  #5

thanks for coming up with this subject. i feel many times it is overlooked when it comes to LOA. yet, it is the foundation of everything.Β 

8/07/2015 9:58 pm  #6

TheWinner wrote:

thanks for coming up with this subject. i feel many times it is overlooked when it comes to LOA. yet, it is the foundation of everything.Β 

Β 
It truly is though, isn't it! If we could all just make self love our priority, and put ourselves in that pedestal, everything would click into place. You are so right Winner, it absolutely IS the foundation of LOA! Unconditional love. For ourselves.

Feel it in your soul..

11/18/2015 3:21 pm  #7

Let's practice folks, write down how you work on loving yourselves each day..

Feel it in your soul..

11/18/2015 4:32 pm  #8

I go the gym everyday and I feel it's important to keep myself healthy and fit.

11/18/2015 6:11 pm  #9

TheWinner wrote:

That's so true winner! All the other threads are popular but not ones like these!

I'm trying to make my life better by loving myself. It's hard though. I still suffer from the old way of thinking "I'm not good enough, no one wants to talk to me". It's hard to crack but I'll get there!

2/06/2016 5:08 pm  #10

I think you all could use a big grand dose of self love this weekend πŸ’œπŸ’–

Feel it in your soul..

Board footera