Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/25/2018 7:50 am  #1

Problems you could skip and how to really create your world

There is a pattern I see in people starting new with this and as the same thing happened to me, I have to say something about it.

We find LoA maybe through The Secret and after some research and reading we see that people do believe in it and had success with it. So we start giving it a go. But because we ourselves don't have conscious experiences with it yet, we have no choice but accept what people tell us about how it works, be it Abraham, be it Agnes or whoever. As we don't have the means to critically look at what those people say, we just accept it. We try it and it might work once or twice, but in other cases it doesn't work. Well, maybe you didn't feel good enough? Or you didn't love yourself enough? Or you didn't visualise/script enough? But what is enough? Some say they felt good 60% of the time and it happened, others feel good a lot more and nothing happens. So the problem lies within you, right? Well, yeah, the problem is always within, but a teaching that doesn't tell you what exactly the problem within you is is not very helpful. So we are confused and keep asking questions. Did you ever think about why people attend for example Abraham's seminars four times? it sounds nice: "It's my forth seminar with you", but think about it. It's not really a compliment. This stuff is so simple. Shouldn't a teacher be able to convey something without it taking years for the student to get it and be able to apply it? I was once a member of an Abraham forum. There were very few people who were there only answering questions. The rest were there (some for years) asking questions over and over again. Isn't there something off with this teaching then? Of course that's not only the issue with Abraham, I just chose it as an example, because I assume most of you know Abraham.
So what I see are lots of people going in circles for years without ever getting anywhere.

The next problem I see (and I am totally guilty of that myself) is that people want to help other people (that's not the problem of course). So they see someone asking a question and reply to it with what they have read somewhere - most of them didn't test it before or it doesn't consistently work for them, but they share it anyway. So one person reads something without questioning it and by telling it to another it gets spread. When you look through all the LoA blogs online, I think it's save to say that 90% of what is written is total bullshit. They had success with it a few times and as many failures as they had successes, but they still sell it as what works, always and perfectly. And as they speak with authority, people are likely to buy into it as well. But how is it possible that they have success with something I claim doesn't work? Well, that's easy. Let's say you are ill and decide to take two pills. One is proven to heal you, the other is a sugar pill. So you take the pills, you are cured and now you tell everyone about the miracle healing the sugar pill did for you. The problem here is very obvious, but when it comes to LoA it's not so obvious. Most of us are so much focused on what's happening on the outside that we lost a good part of the connection to ourselves. We are able to tell if we feel good or bad, but that's mostly it when it comes to introspection. So in my example, it would be someone giving you the healing pill while you sleep with an open mouth. You don't know about it, take your sugar pill and tell everyone how it saved you. Next time you have the same illness, the person has moved away, you take your sugar pills and it won't work again (placebo effect aside).

And that's exactly what happens when it comes to applying LoA. You start with something small, it feels easy to achieve for you, that's already a done deal, but you don't notice that feeling, because you are just not sensitized to notice it. You start visualising it and feel good about it and BOOM it pops up the next day. So you learn visualisation and feeling good creates what you want. This works a few times with small stuff, but then something comes up that feels a little bit bigger to you - maybe not even the really big stuff, but something you would be disappointed if it wouldn't happen like seeing a friend for Christmas or not being able to attend a course or whatever. You visualise for months you try to feel good about it, but the longer nothing happens the harder it gets to feel good about it. So you fail. Christmas comes and your friend isn't there or the course started without you. And now you start wondering what you did wrong. Maybe you start researching other LoA stuff to find the missing piece, maybe you are just frustrated and think it doesn't work for you, maybe you feel that you did something wrong.

It took me around 2 1/2 years to get through all this bullshit and have the courage to drop what doesn't work - it took courage, because what if it does work, but I am just not able to apply it properly? Anyway, you can imagine that I had quite a few manifestations in that 2 1/2 years. Most of them were far from consciously created, but as I analysed everything after it happened I had a good overview of what I did to make it happen, be it something good or bad.

To name just a few of the conscious ones:

* free trip to Poland
* free trip to Mallorca (twice)
* extremely cheap trip to England that seemed impossible at first, because it was full and 4 people before me on the waiting list
* free smartphone + free charging cable every single time I broke the old one
* free tablet
* free xbox360 + a TON of free games
* free shirts (I wanted one, I ended up getting three)
* free flash drive
* free charging bank
* another free thing I wanted for years - you probably don't know what it is anyway
* very expensive free chocolate
* free food at a restaurant (often sushi which I would never buy for myself, because it's so expensive) sometimes once a week, but very frequently in any case
* places in university courses that were full or they opened a new course for me (3 times; and it NEVER happened before I applied what I knew)
* getting jobs (3 times)
* a job offer I got randomly via email exactly when I needed it (not from one of those recruiting sites)
* getting a job back I wanted back (they didn't even look for someone new in 4 months)
* getting people to call or text me
* getting my mother to completely forget about an argument we had the next day - she reacted so confused like it never happened, it was like a reality shift
* getting an apartment in the exact street I thought I wanted to live in 3 years ago
* an university place that seemed impossible + my bf having to move to the same city in the exact same month, so we could directly move in together
* a place in the student dorm within 3 days (the first time I tried it I got an offer after one year!)
* falling in love with someone the exact day I intended for it 2 months ago
* meeting the perfect guy
* meeting a not so perfect guy, but one I had intended for (twice)
* meeting someone after two years the day I thought that it would be nice to meet him again - I didn't even know his name
* finding someone to be active with in my direct neigborhood (he approached me randomly while I was walking home)
* getting my old Japanese teacher back
* tons of small stuff like someone giving me the chocolate I wanted or seeing things I intended to see or seeing things that are related to what is most active in me

And the unconscious stuff:

* getting someone to ghost me
* always having the same neighborhood situation no matter where I move
* getting in trouble with a person I expected to get in trouble with
* not being able to get money when I was afraid of exactly that

.....and a lot of other unconscious **** I don't want to think about any further

Β 
I didn't visualise in almost all of the cases. I think if I did it was more when it came to the negative stuff. I never scripted, I didn't feel good about all of it. Why should I feel good about shirts? If nobody gives them to me for free, I buy them myself, end of story. I need them, but they don't make me particularly happy. Same with some other stuff on the list. And of course I didn't feel good about the ghosting, but it still happened within like 3 days after I started being afraid of it. So it can't be the emotion either, right?

And here is what all of those manifestations had in common: I felt it real. I felt that it was already a done deal and part of myself. Many times I just felt it for a few seconds and then I dropped it forever. On this list, there is not ONE item I worked on for a long time - usual time investment between 5 and 10 seconds. Some things took a while. The second trip to Mallorca took 3-4 months till we started to plan it and 6 months till it took place, but that was perfect timing, because it had stressed me out before anyway. I have to admit that I had some doubts about the trip. The Japanese teacher took 6 months, but I had some doubts too. Usually it happens within a few days or a few months in case of doubts or unfitting situations (not more than 6 - the apartment in my dream street just took so long, because I didn't want to move before or were in a different city). And I personally think that we are the ones defining what an unfitting situation is. I hadn't moved to the new apartment, if I had found the offer within the past 3 years. When it happened, it was the first moment in 3 years when it was fitting. Same with the trips. I always felt it real in the beginning of the year and as I live on the northern hemisphere I really don't like going on a trip when it's cold and wet. And I can't go when I have to attend lectures and work. And as long as I feel real that I can't go at a certain time, there won't be a way around it. So it's your own conceptions that influence the timing.

Of course there are also a lot of things that I worked on that didn't happen:

* getting this guy to like me
* getting that guy to like me
* getting this guy back
* getting that guy back
* trying to fix a bad situation (unnumbered times)
* trying to manifest this HUGE thing I wanted
* trying to manifest to meet a celebrity from another country
* trying to get this job
* trying to lose weight
* trying to work out more

In all those cases, I felt something other real than what I wanted. I analysed that guy's behavior like crazy to figure out, if he liked me or not. So I obviously didn't feel real that he liked me. And as I felt "not sure" about how he felt about me, he started to send mixed signals, I started to focus more on the signals that he didn't like me and ended up crashing and burning. The next guy liked me, but then he started to text less and I gave meaning to it, I started to feel that it wouldn't work out and then he stopped responding alltogether. With getting guys back, I just never got in the feeling of it being a done deal. I always felt that I had to attract them back and that's were I stayed..lol. When I attracted a guy back, I was more like "Okay, he will be back eventually. I focus on my own stuff" or "He will come back, because he will realize that he can't find someone better than me". That was before I knew about LOA, but what I basically did was accepting that it was already a done deal and that I didn't had to worry about it.
Fixing situations always comes from the place of not having it. I was always feeling bad about it, because what I felt real was what I saw in front of me and I didn't like it.
Well, wanting something huge automatically means that you don't feel it real. When you have something, it never feels huge.
With the celebrity I tried to figure out the hows and that kept me in the feeling of not having it.
After the job interview, I had mixed feelings about the job, decided that I didn't want it, but was afraid that they wouldn't want me neither (bad for the ego)
I felt fat. When you feel fat, you can do whatever you want, you won't lose weight. When I decided that I was okay with it and didn't have to lose weight at that time, I started to lose weight without doing anything for it.
I felt myself to be not sporty and so every time I started and had some muscles and fitness, I paused for a few months so that I started over and over again and kept myself in the place of not sporty.

So I hope my point came across. Drop all the bullshit. Feeling is the secret. It's what you feel to be true about yourself, the world, others and situations that create your reality.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

Neville Goddard ~ The Law and the Promise

10/25/2018 8:23 am  #2

Re: Problems you could skip and how to really create your world

Sanshi wrote:

There is a pattern I see in people starting new with this and as the same thing happened to me, I have to say something about it.

We find LoA maybe through The Secret and after some research and reading we see that people do believe in it and had success with it. So we start giving it a go. But because we ourselves don't have conscious experiences with it yet, we have no choice but accept what people tell us about how it works, be it Abraham, be it Agnes or whoever. As we don't have the means to critically look at what those people say, we just accept it. We try it and it might work once or twice, but in other cases it doesn't work. Well, maybe you didn't feel good enough? Or you didn't love yourself enough? Or you didn't visualise/script enough? But what is enough? Some say they felt good 60% of the time and it happened, others feel good a lot more and nothing happens. So the problem lies within you, right? Well, yeah, the problem is always within, but a teaching that doesn't tell you what exactly the problem within you is is not very helpful. So we are confused and keep asking questions. Did you ever think about why people attend for example Abraham's seminars four times? it sounds nice: "It's my forth seminar with you", but think about it. It's not really a compliment. This stuff is so simple. Shouldn't a teacher be able to convey something without it taking years for the student to get it and be able to apply it? I was once a member of an Abraham forum. There were very few people who were there only answering questions. The rest were there (some for years) asking questions over and over again. Isn't there something off with this teaching then? Of course that's not only the issue with Abraham, I just chose it as an example, because I assume most of you know Abraham.
So what I see are lots of people going in circles for years without ever getting anywhere.

The next problem I see (and I am totally guilty of that myself) is that people want to help other people (that's not the problem of course). So they see someone asking a question and reply to it with what they have read somewhere - most of them didn't test it before or it doesn't consistently work for them, but they share it anyway. So one person reads something without questioning it and by telling it to another it gets spread. When you look through all the LoA blogs online, I think it's save to say that 90% of what is written is total bullshit. They had success with it a few times and as many failures as they had successes, but they still sell it as what works, always and perfectly. And as they speak with authority, people are likely to buy into it as well. But how is it possible that they have success with something I claim doesn't work? Well, that's easy. Let's say you are ill and decide to take two pills. One is proven to heal you, the other is a sugar pill. So you take the pills, you are cured and now you tell everyone about the miracle healing the sugar pill did for you. The problem here is very obvious, but when it comes to LoA it's not so obvious. Most of us are so much focused on what's happening on the outside that we lost a good part of the connection to ourselves. We are able to tell if we feel good or bad, but that's mostly it when it comes to introspection. So in my example, it would be someone giving you the healing pill while you sleep with an open mouth. You don't know about it, take your sugar pill and tell everyone how it saved you. Next time you have the same illness, the person has moved away, you take your sugar pills and it won't work again (placebo effect aside).

And that's exactly what happens when it comes to applying LoA. You start with something small, it feels easy to achieve for you, that's already a done deal, but you don't notice that feeling, because you are just not sensitized to notice it. You start visualising it and feel good about it and BOOM it pops up the next day. So you learn visualisation and feeling good creates what you want. This works a few times with small stuff, but then something comes up that feels a little bit bigger to you - maybe not even the really big stuff, but something you would be disappointed if it wouldn't happen like seeing a friend for Christmas or not being able to attend a course or whatever. You visualise for months you try to feel good about it, but the longer nothing happens the harder it gets to feel good about it. So you fail. Christmas comes and your friend isn't there or the course started without you. And now you start wondering what you did wrong. Maybe you start researching other LoA stuff to find the missing piece, maybe you are just frustrated and think it doesn't work for you, maybe you feel that you did something wrong.

It took me around 2 1/2 years to get through all this bullshit and have the courage to drop what doesn't work - it took courage, because what if it does work, but I am just not able to apply it properly? Anyway, you can imagine that I had quite a few manifestations in that 2 1/2 years. Most of them were far from consciously created, but as I analysed everything after it happened I had a good overview of what I did to make it happen, be it something good or bad.

To name just a few of the conscious ones:

* free trip to Poland
* free trip to Mallorca (twice)
* extremely cheap trip to England that seemed impossible at first, because it was full and 4 people before me on the waiting list
* free smartphone + free charging cable every single time I broke the old one
* free tablet
* free xbox360 + a TON of free games
* free shirts (I wanted one, I ended up getting three)
* free flash drive
* free charging bank
* another free thing I wanted for years - you probably don't know what it is anyway
* very expensive free chocolate
* free food at a restaurant (often sushi which I would never buy for myself, because it's so expensive) sometimes once a week, but very frequently in any case
* places in university courses that were full or they opened a new course for me (3 times; and it NEVER happened before I applied what I knew)
* getting jobs (3 times)
* a job offer I got randomly via email exactly when I needed it (not from one of those recruiting sites)
* getting a job back I wanted back (they didn't even look for someone new in 4 months)
* getting people to call or text me
* getting my mother to completely forget about an argument we had the next day - she reacted so confused like it never happened, it was like a reality shift
* getting an apartment in the exact street I thought I wanted to live in 3 years ago
* an university place that seemed impossible + my bf having to move to the same city in the exact same month, so we could directly move in together
* a place in the student dorm within 3 days (the first time I tried it I got an offer after one year!)
* falling in love with someone the exact day I intended for it 2 months ago
* meeting the perfect guy
* meeting a not so perfect guy, but one I had intended for (twice)
* meeting someone after two years the day I thought that it would be nice to meet him again - I didn't even know his name
* finding someone to be active with in my direct neigborhood (he approached me randomly while I was walking home)
* getting my old Japanese teacher back
* tons of small stuff like someone giving me the chocolate I wanted or seeing things I intended to see or seeing things that are related to what is most active in me

And the unconscious stuff:

* getting someone to ghost me
* always having the same neighborhood situation no matter where I move
* getting in trouble with a person I expected to get in trouble with
* not being able to get money when I was afraid of exactly that

.....and a lot of other unconscious **** I don't want to think about any further

Β 
I didn't visualise in almost all of the cases. I think if I did it was more when it came to the negative stuff. I never scripted, I didn't feel good about all of it. Why should I feel good about shirts? If nobody gives them to me for free, I buy them myself, end of story. I need them, but they don't make me particularly happy. Same with some other stuff on the list. And of course I didn't feel good about the ghosting, but it still happened within like 3 days after I started being afraid of it. So it can't be the emotion either, right?

And here is what all of those manifestations had in common: I felt it real. I felt that it was already a done deal and part of myself. Many times I just felt it for a few seconds and then I dropped it forever. On this list, there is not ONE item I worked on for a long time - usual time investment between 5 and 10 seconds. Some things took a while. The second trip to Mallorca took 3-4 months till we started to plan it and 6 months till it took place, but that was perfect timing, because it had stressed me out before anyway. I have to admit that I had some doubts about the trip. The Japanese teacher took 6 months, but I had some doubts too. Usually it happens within a few days or a few months in case of doubts or unfitting situations (not more than 6 - the apartment in my dream street just took so long, because I didn't want to move before or were in a different city). And I personally think that we are the ones defining what an unfitting situation is. I hadn't moved to the new apartment, if I had found the offer within the past 3 years. When it happened, it was the first moment in 3 years when it was fitting. Same with the trips. I always felt it real in the beginning of the year and as I live on the northern hemisphere I really don't like going on a trip when it's cold and wet. And I can't go when I have to attend lectures and work. And as long as I feel real that I can't go at a certain time, there won't be a way around it. So it's your own conceptions that influence the timing.

Of course there are also a lot of things that I worked on that didn't happen:

* getting this guy to like me
* getting that guy to like me
* getting this guy back
* getting that guy back
* trying to fix a bad situation (unnumbered times)
* trying to manifest this HUGE thing I wanted
* trying to manifest to meet a celebrity from another country
* trying to get this job
* trying to lose weight
* trying to work out more

In all those cases, I felt something other real than what I wanted. I analysed that guy's behavior like crazy to figure out, if he liked me or not. So I obviously didn't feel real that he liked me. And as I felt "not sure" about how he felt about me, he started to send mixed signals, I started to focus more on the signals that he didn't like me and ended up crashing and burning. The next guy liked me, but then he started to text less and I gave meaning to it, I started to feel that it wouldn't work out and then he stopped responding alltogether. With getting guys back, I just never got in the feeling of it being a done deal. I always felt that I had to attract them back and that's were I stayed..lol. When I attracted a guy back, I was more like "Okay, he will be back eventually. I focus on my own stuff" or "He will come back, because he will realize that he can't find someone better than me". That was before I knew about LOA, but what I basically did was accepting that it was already a done deal and that I didn't had to worry about it.
Fixing situations always comes from the place of not having it. I was always feeling bad about it, because what I felt real was what I saw in front of me and I didn't like it.
Well, wanting something huge automatically means that you don't feel it real. When you have something, it never feels huge.
With the celebrity I tried to figure out the hows and that kept me in the feeling of not having it.
After the job interview, I had mixed feelings about the job, decided that I didn't want it, but was afraid that they wouldn't want me neither (bad for the ego)
I felt fat. When you feel fat, you can do whatever you want, you won't lose weight. When I decided that I was okay with it and didn't have to lose weight at that time, I started to lose weight without doing anything for it.
I felt myself to be not sporty and so every time I started and had some muscles and fitness, I paused for a few months so that I started over and over again and kept myself in the place of not sporty.

So I hope my point came across. Drop all the bullshit. Feeling is the secret. It's what you feel to be true about yourself, the world, others and situations that create your reality.

Hi ,
but how get a feeling that it"s already done? Is it simplier have a feeling that things will worse than better. I tell myself yes he will come back, I'm sure he will one day back, but later I have opposite feeling again - Yes every person in m life went back, but it was too late and what if will come back late too , when I dont will interest about him. Β 

10/25/2018 9:38 am  #3

Sanshi - superb post. I'm not quoting it (pet hate of mine as it makes the thread go to zillions of unnecessary pages) but it is so true. 100%.

Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.

10/25/2018 9:54 am  #4

Anita wrote:

Hi ,
but how get a feeling that it"s already done? Is it simplier have a feeling that things will worse than better. I tell myself yes he will come back, I'm sure he will one day back, but later I have opposite feeling again - Yes every person in m life went back, but it was too late and what if will come back late too , when I dont will interest about him. Β 

You're focusing there on what you don't want and a lot of extraneous details. It's not about all the other people in your life, or having a feeling or thinking things will get worse before they get better. It's about thinking about the end result, imagining what it would be like to have what you want. It will take practice. Don't do it once, think you have got it wrong and then start getting anxious. That is what Sanshi is talking about.Β 

10/25/2018 1:03 pm  #5

This is a great post, Sanshi. I hope a lot of people read it and take it to heart.

The first man to raise a fist is the man who has run out of ideas.

10/26/2018 6:18 pm  #6

PrettyFlamingo wrote:

Sanshi - superb post. I'm not quoting it (pet hate of mine as it makes the thread go to zillions of unnecessary pages) but it is so true. 100%.

If I were a mod, I would immediately ban everyone who is quoting such a long post, especially if they don't even relate to something in the post. And I would sell their email adress to some viagra ad company!

PrettyFlamingo wrote:

It's about thinking about the end result, imagining what it would be like to have what you want. It will take practice. Don't do it once, think you have got it wrong and then start getting anxious. That is what Sanshi is talking about.

I have to jump in here. It's not about thinking ABOUT the end result. It's about thinking FROM the end result. That makes a world of a difference. Twenty Twenty once gave the example that a lot of people think about sex and money. But does that make them have a lot of sex and money? No, certainly not. Thinking from the end is different. An example: On Wednesday, I went to a French course I didn't get accepted for. I had decided that I would get a place in there, period. I also started a Spanish course the same day and my Japanese course restarted. So 4 1/2 hours of languages that day. After the Spanish course, I thought "Wow, Spanish, French and Japanese at the same day is way too much for me. I will quit Spanish". Then I realized that I wasn't accepted to the French course yet. But my thought came from the state of already being accepted. If I hadn't been thinking from the state, I had thought something like "As I am not sure that I can stay in the French course, I should wait before I quit the Spanish course". But as I knew that I would be accepted I didn't even consider not being able to attend the French course.

Cynthia wrote:

This is a great post, Sanshi. I hope a lot of people read it and take it to heart.

If one person does I am already happy.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

Neville Goddard ~ The Law and the Promise

10/26/2018 7:06 pm  #7

In all fairness, not everyone knows how to quote only parts of a long post, including me. I only know how to do one section, but not how to then quote another one separately and write a reply and then another one, etc., and I often use a tablet that doesn't let me do as much as a computer would do, next to nothing, in fact, so don't give my email to a viagra company. I've had enough of that sort of spam and much, much worse (you really don't want to know), and I don't have any idea where they've got my email address from.

And as far as thinking FROM the end, not thinking of the end, that's exactly what Neville said, that thinking of it is not enough. I'm glad Sanshi stepped in and pointed out the difference because it is a big difference.

That example of the language courses and already accepting in her mind that Sanshi had been accepted in the class reminded me of how many times children accept something as though it's a done deal and their parents point out that it isn't and not to count on it and all of the many reasons why they shouldn't count on it. That happened to me a lot, and I've seen it so many times with other people. No wonder people grow up doubting.

That's really why I keep coming back to this forum myself, even though I keep intending to stay away and work on my own things - it's because even if I can only help an occasional person I'll be glad.

Last edited by Cynthia (10/26/2018 7:41 pm)

10/27/2018 12:13 am  #8

great post sanshi,
I do have problem however when it comes to thinking from it. I know what I want in my life yet I always seem to be thinking of it...which I know is not the way yet I struggle to find how to think from it
Β 

10/27/2018 12:32 am  #9

Lest4t wrote:

great post sanshi,
I do have problem however when it comes to thinking from it. I know what I want in my life yet I always seem to be thinking of it...which I know is not the way yet I struggle to find how to think from it
Β 

Β 
You do that by imagining and feeling that you already have your desire now.

If you read the chapter entitled Failure in Neville's book, The Power of Awareness, he explains very well how to do this.

10/27/2018 2:06 am  #10

Thanks for clarifying the difference between thinking from the end, not about. I know that and I know the difference but I wasn't clear in my response. It's a key distinction so thanks Sanshi.

Board footera