Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/19/2018 3:46 pm  #1

Belief

Here's a thought - what if you believe that something is possible but not definite - how do you build certainty? And how strong do your beliefs have to be?

For an example: I could wholeheartedly believe that I could do a certain job. But I may not believe that the interview panel would choose me. But I believe it is possible.Β 

Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.

9/19/2018 4:17 pm  #2

Re: Belief

PrettyFlamingo wrote:

Here's a thought - what if you believe that something is possible but not definite - how do you build certainty? And how strong do your beliefs have to be?

For an example: I could wholeheartedly believe that I could do a certain job. But I may not believe that the interview panel would choose me. But I believe it is possible.Β 

Β 

I thought you've been studying Neville's teachings, or have you just been recommending them to other people? In your example, you would imagine yourself already having the job, living it in your imagination, creating a scene of your desired end result and imagining it every day/night until it became a belief in your subconscious mind. The repetition is very important for it to become a belief.

Last edited by Cynthia (9/19/2018 4:17 pm)

The first man to raise a fist is the man who has run out of ideas.

9/19/2018 4:39 pm  #3

Cynthia wrote:

PrettyFlamingo wrote:

Β 

I thought you've been studying Neville's teachings, or have you just been recommending them to other people? In your example, you would imagine yourself already having the job, living it in your imagination, creating a scene of your desired end result and imagining it every day/night until it became a belief in your subconscious mind. The repetition is very important for it to become a belief.

Both! Thanks for clarifying though, I find the job situation harder than a "specific person". For example, I could imagine myself married to Chris Hemsworth. I can do that very easily!!! (That's an example). Same with a specific car - colour, make, model, engine size etc. Or my next cat! I want a white tom cat with green eyes. I can visualise myself with him, grooming him, putting his food out and him playing with one of my other cats and sleeping on my bed.

But with a job, I don't have a specific, exact job I want. Just a vague idea, ie, nearer to home, something I am interested in, specific salary - it seems vaguer to me. Just one of the things I am having to learn about.Β 

9/19/2018 11:35 pm  #4

PrettyFlamingo wrote:

Cynthia wrote:

PrettyFlamingo wrote:

Β 

Both! Thanks for clarifying though, I find the job situation harder than a "specific person". For example, I could imagine myself married to Chris Hemsworth. I can do that very easily!!! (That's an example). Same with a specific car - colour, make, model, engine size etc. Or my next cat! I want a white tom cat with green eyes. I can visualise myself with him, grooming him, putting his food out and him playing with one of my other cats and sleeping on my bed.

But with a job, I don't have a specific, exact job I want. Just a vague idea, ie, nearer to home, something I am interested in, specific salary - it seems vaguer to me. Just one of the things I am having to learn about.Β 

Β 
Oh, I thought you had a specific job in mind that you wanted. Well, if you want to change jobs to have something close to home and a specific salary and something you'd enjoy doing, you could do what I did when I sold my unwanted piano within a week and adapt it accordingly. I wrote about it here under success stories. I wanted a specific amount of money and wanted to sell it to somebody who would enjoy it, be happy with it, get a lot of use and pleasure out of it, etc., because I had not liked the piano at all myself and didn't want that to happen to somebody else, but I didn't have a specific buyer in mind. A pub owner ended up buying it for his pub.

9/20/2018 1:18 am  #5

Well, not a specific vacancy that I've seen advertised at a specific organisation as such. I'll be out of work early November if something doesn't come up as I'm on a contract. But I know I want the same salary, preferably more, nearer home, interesting work and great colleagues and managers and within a timescale. But because I can't say I want to work at Company X in Department S, sitting at a desk I can imagine, that's where the vagueness comes in for me. I love your piano story btw!

9/20/2018 1:51 am  #6

PrettyFlamingo wrote:

Well, not a specific vacancy that I've seen advertised at a specific organisation as such. I'll be out of work early November if something doesn't come up as I'm on a contract. But I know I want the same salary, preferably more, nearer home, interesting work and great colleagues and managers and within a timescale. But because I can't say I want to work at Company X in Department S, sitting at a desk I can imagine, that's where the vagueness comes in for me. I love your piano story btw!

Β 
Thanks. You don't have to have a specific company or job in mind. This is similar to when Neville was talking about somebody wanting to be happily married but not knowing anybody appropriate. You don't have to know anybody. If you imagine yourself happily married as per his teachings, the right person will appear. In one of Dr Joseph Murphy's books, I think it's The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, he talks about an older lady, I think she was a widow but it's been a long time since I read it, who wanted to be happily married, and I think she also wanted to travel. Every night before she went to sleep she imagined being happily married and told herself that she was loved and wanted by a wonderful man, and within a short time, I think it was within a couple of weeks, she met a retired man, I think he was a widower, who had enough money for them to travel the world, and they fell in love with each other very quickly, got married, and started on their travels. It's really the same principle for a job or anything else.

There's also a story Neville told about somebody who imagined for somebody else, first that he was looked upon more favourably by his employer, who had previously found fault with him, and then, when that man wanted to leave that company because he didn't feel comfortable there any more and wanted to leave immediately but really couldn't afford to be without a job, imagined him gainfully employed, and the man went right from one job to another with an increase in salary.

Last edited by Cynthia (9/20/2018 1:58 am)

9/20/2018 2:58 pm  #7

I was going to ask the same sort of question then I saw this thread, good timing it's all about repetition then, repeating the visualizations, to get past the stage where we feel like we're lying/trying to convince ourselves. When the subconscious believes it then all the contradictory thoughts from before won't be relevant.

It's just a case of persisting through the discomfort while things are changing and eventually it will be accepted as fact. It's like what Dr Joe Dispenza says, the body literally gets addicted to habits of belief in the same way as it does a drug. The uncomfortable feelings are basically withdrawl symptoms but with persistence, persistently ignoring that which contradicts the desired state, they will stop and the new state of being will become the norm.

Last edited by Aquilina (9/20/2018 2:59 pm)

"We imagine the wish fulfilled and carry on mental conversations from that premise. Through controlled inner talking from premises of fulfilled desire, seeming miracles are performed". - Neville Goddard, Awakened Imagination, Chapter Five

9/20/2018 3:22 pm  #8

Aquilina wrote:

I was going to ask the same sort of question then I saw this thread, good timing it's all about repetition then, repeating the visualizations, to get past the stage where we feel like we're lying/trying to convince ourselves. When the subconscious believes it then all the contradictory thoughts from before won't be relevant.

It's just a case of persisting through the discomfort while things are changing and eventually it will be accepted as fact. It's like what Dr Joe Dispenza says, the body literally gets addicted to habits of belief in the same way as it does a drug. The uncomfortable feelings are basically withdrawl symptoms but with persistence, persistently ignoring that which contradicts the desired state, they will stop and the new state of being will become the norm.

Β 
Actually, it's about reprogramming your subconscious mind to replace negative, limiting beliefs with the beliefs that will serve you and create the life you want to have. The subconscious mind is what is running the show, so to speak, and it's the beliefs in your subconscious mind that take precedence over what you think you consciously believe.

9/20/2018 4:34 pm  #9

That's what I was saying there. Was just asking more about getting past the doubting phase so that the belief has actually changed instead of going back and forth.

"We imagine the wish fulfilled and carry on mental conversations from that premise. Through controlled inner talking from premises of fulfilled desire, seeming miracles are performed". - Neville Goddard, Awakened Imagination, Chapter Five

9/20/2018 5:02 pm  #10

Aquilina wrote:

That's what I was saying there. Was just asking more about getting past the doubting phase so that the belief has actually changed instead of going back and forth.

At first it sounded like you were, but then there was that odd comment from that person I never heard of comparing it to detoxing a body from drugs, so I wasn't sure after that.
Β 
There are various ways you can do that. I've done a lot of different things myself. I started out many years ago reading self-help books, which were good for understanding but not to actually create any change, so I tried self-hypnosis, which worked a treat, but I've also used visualisation a lot, and more recently since then I've used a variety of 'altered state' recordings and subliminals, but the subliminals much less than the other things. Some people like to say affirmations, but I'm not keen on doing them myself because if I don't believe them already, I feel like I'm lying to myself. There was one chap, I can't remember who, who said if you repeat them long enough you eventually start to believe them, and I suppose he did that himself. Sometimes I say ones that I already believe, which I think may make me believe them more strongly. I don't know if anybody ever 'arrives'. There's seldom a day that goes by that I don't work on improving myself in some way or learning something new.

Board footera