Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/18/2018 12:32 pm  #21

Re: Twenty twenty

Cynthia wrote:

Oasiscalm wrote:

Cynthia wrote:

He talks about it in at least one of his lectures, but I can't remember which one. I've heard those other ones you've mentioned as well.

In his book, The Law and the Promise, there is a letter from a woman in which she tells how she got the husband she wanted by doing what Neville told her to do. I think it's in chapter 3? Somebody posted that story on this forum also.  That book has many letters written to Neville about how everyday people achieved what they wanted by the use of their imaginations as Neville taught, and it's very inspiring and well worth reading.

I think you misunderstood my question. I know the story you are referring to about a woman who went on a first date and then moved cities etc.

What I said is I have never read a story where Neville Goddard said he personally used his technique to manifest a "specific person".

Manifested a divorce to get married yes, but a specific person. That's what I want to read.

I didn't misunderstand you. I told you that I heard him talk about it in a lecture, and also that I heard him talk in other lectures about the other things you mentioned. I don't remember which ones. I have listened to many.

This is Neville's story about meeting his second wife.

“My wife did it. She did it! Actually, she did it. One day she was in the presence of a so-called sensitive, and this one said to her, “Why did you take off your wedding ring?” She said, “I am not married.” “Oh,” she said, “don’t fool me. You took off your wedding ring.” She said, “But I’m not married.” She said, “I’ll even tell you his name,” and she started off with Neb –Neba – Neva – she didn’t quite get it but she was coming very, very close to it.”

“She was actually sensing what my wife in consciousness was feeling. When I first met her, I wanted her. The very first day I knew her I wanted to marry her, but I was entangled. Was I entangled! But, by this law, I disentangled myself. Without hurting anyone, I disengaged myself from all these complexities so that I could actually legitimately say, Will you marry me?”

“But in the meanwhile she was wearing the ring. I hadn’t yet put it there, but she allowed me to put it there and slept as though I had put it there. So I tell you unmarried ladies, if you desire to be married (maybe you don’t) – if you do, that’s the way to do it. And he’ll come out of the nowhere. You don’t have to go and buy anyone or try to meet the right people. Usually when you try to meet the right one, he’s always the wrong one. So don’t go searching. Those who go searching for love only make manifest their own love-less-ness, and the love-less never find love. Only the loving find love, and they never have to seek for it. You draw them; they come to you.” – Neville Goddard

1/18/2018 12:39 pm  #22

Oasiscalm wrote:

Cynthia wrote:

Oasiscalm wrote:

I think you misunderstood my question. I know the story you are referring to about a woman who went on a first date and then moved cities etc.

What I said is I have never read a story where Neville Goddard said he personally used his technique to manifest a "specific person".

Manifested a divorce to get married yes, but a specific person. That's what I want to read.

I didn't misunderstand you. I told you that I heard him talk about it in a lecture, and also that I heard him talk in other lectures about the other things you mentioned. I don't remember which ones. I have listened to many.

This is Neville's story about meeting his second wife.

“My wife did it. She did it! Actually, she did it. One day she was in the presence of a so-called sensitive, and this one said to her, “Why did you take off your wedding ring?” She said, “I am not married.” “Oh,” she said, “don’t fool me. You took off your wedding ring.” She said, “But I’m not married.” She said, “I’ll even tell you his name,” and she started off with Neb –Neba – Neva – she didn’t quite get it but she was coming very, very close to it.”

“She was actually sensing what my wife in consciousness was feeling. When I first met her, I wanted her. The very first day I knew her I wanted to marry her, but I was entangled. Was I entangled! But, by this law, I disentangled myself. Without hurting anyone, I disengaged myself from all these complexities so that I could actually legitimately say, Will you marry me?”

“But in the meanwhile she was wearing the ring. I hadn’t yet put it there, but she allowed me to put it there and slept as though I had put it there. So I tell you unmarried ladies, if you desire to be married (maybe you don’t) – if you do, that’s the way to do it. And he’ll come out of the nowhere. You don’t have to go and buy anyone or try to meet the right people. Usually when you try to meet the right one, he’s always the wrong one. So don’t go searching. Those who go searching for love only make manifest their own love-less-ness, and the love-less never find love. Only the loving find love, and they never have to seek for it. You draw them; they come to you.” – Neville Goddard

I've heard this lecture, but there's another one where he says different things about marrying his second wife more from his point of view, what he did. I've listened to many, and many times, so I don't remember which one it is.

What I haven't been able to find out so far is whether his second wife wanted to marry him specifically or just wanted to get married.

Last edited by Cynthia (1/18/2018 12:42 pm)

The first man to raise a fist is the man who has run out of ideas.

1/18/2018 12:45 pm  #23

Oasiscalm wrote:

I think you are right about that one. It's was people like to interpret into it.

Oasiscalm wrote:

For some when they are trying to manifest another person actually the other person's happiness is the last thing on their mind. They just want the person back - often want them to come back and apologise - right old wrongs - etc etc.

This need of having them apologise isn't at all coming from the end. So either they don't get their person in the first place (what's definitely for the better in that case!) or the moment they get their person, they fall back in the old state and a few weeks or months later they are back on the forum asking if it's possible to attract them a second time. People who understand the basics of Neville know that they created the past, so there is no need for anyone to apologise anyway.
Many people who try to manifest another person (aka try to control them) are so desperate that they really don't care about the other person's happiness (many not even about their own - who cares if he abuses me, I want him back anyways!! wtf?). But they mostly have no clue how this all works and if they had a clue they would change their approach a lot.

collie wrote:

Also, I don't understand if there is no free will then how can you manifest a friendship with a sp? What is the difference between manifesting a friendship and a romantic relationship? The only difference in my opinion is your beliefs about what you can manifest.

Simple answer: It doesn't make sense. Either you can have both or none of them.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

Neville Goddard ~ The Law and the Promise

1/18/2018 12:54 pm  #24

Sanshi wrote:

Oasiscalm wrote:

I think you are right about that one. It's was people like to interpret into it.

He might not have written about it, I don't know, but he definitely talked about in a lecture, and I don't mean the one about his wife doing it. I've heard it. Next time I listen to that one again, if I can find this thread again, I'll put a link here to it.

The first man to raise a fist is the man who has run out of ideas.

1/18/2018 1:03 pm  #25

Cynthia wrote:

Sanshi wrote:

Oasiscalm wrote:

He might not have written about it, I don't know, but he definitely talked about in a lecture, and I don't mean the one about his wife doing it. I've heard it. Next time I listen to that one again, if I can find this thread again, I'll put a link here to it.

Do you mean when he was talking about how he met her for the first time and knew that he would marry her?

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

1/18/2018 1:21 pm  #26

I haven't watched his YouTube videos but I am a member of his Facebook group, I'm a silent reader, though. I just like to read. I am in the "you can manifest a person camp" but at the same time, I do not believe that most people are coming from the right place when they apply the teachings. 
I have had exes return into my life years after we had broken up and I had forgiven us both, I did not want to date these men again but each one of them came back into my life in some shape or form. I even got a person who I hadn't met in person back into my life after a month of working on myself, I also lost the person exactly a month later when I slipped back into old thought patterns and habitual thinking. 

I think people need to do the inner work before they even entertain things like this. 

It Is Not What Happens To You, It Is How You Respond To It. 

1/18/2018 1:36 pm  #27

Oasiscalm wrote:

collie wrote:

TT,  has a video on how to attract someone specific. What I didn't get in that video and it kind of put me off is that he says not to imagine yourself with your sp but rather to only see them in your imagination and imagine them happy. But, where does Neville say that? Neville imagined going to sleep with his wife (in separate beds ..LOL ). Also, I heard of someone who manifested a sp and knows Neville and she visualised them together.
Also, I don't understand if there is no free will then how can you manifest a friendship with a sp? What is the difference between manifesting a friendship and a romantic relationship? The only difference in my opinion is your beliefs about what you can manifest. And who doesn't want their sp to be happy with them?? aha i want to manifest my guy so he can be miserable and suffer??? NOOOO!!

Neville talks about visualising a scene which signifies the end goal. In his day couples slept in two single beds because they didn't have double beds. So for him to sleep in a bed with a woman in a bed next to him is the picture of a married couple.

Like he says see and feel a ring on your finger. That image in itself summaries the whole story of being married.

What Twenty Twenty is talking about is simply going to the end - see you end desire. For some when they are trying to manifest another person actually the other person's happiness is the last thing on their mind. They just want the person back - often want them to come back and apologise - right old wrongs - etc etc.

By doing as Twenty Twenty says it jumps over all the bits in between and allows u to just focus on the end result. Seeing a person happy to be with u - essentially just soaking up the essence of the desired relationship.

Personally I would say don't muddy the waters with focus on free will - but that's just me😂😂

I don't think there is free will..but anyways.
When I visualise me and my sp I always think of him being happy and telling his friends how happy he is in our relationship. I also imagine his daughters very happy. I imagine also a wedding scene where he is very happy and everyone including his daughters congratulating us and happy.
I wonder if i shouldn't then just focus on seeing him even in our home and him just being happy...sitting on the couch.

1/18/2018 1:41 pm  #28

This is from "Brazen Impudence:"

"I will now share with you a very personal story. I tell it to illustrate a principle. Society blamed this lady for what she did, and she paid the price, but I was the cause of her misfortune. I am not going to justify my story and if you can’t take it, I’m sorry. When I first told it, one lady was very upset and I regret that; but I have noticed that when someone has recently given up alcohol, tobacco, meat, or sex, they invariably condemn the state. They feel too close to it to feel secure. I am not saying that this lady had a similar experience where she was the victim; I am only speaking of a principle. Now here is my story:

When I decided to marry the lady who now bears my name I applied this principle. At the time I was terribly involved. I had married at the age of eighteen and became a father at nineteen. We separated that year, but I never sought a divorce; therefore, my separation was not legal in the state of New York. Sixteen years later, when I fell in love and wanted to marry my present wife, I decided to sleep as though we were married. While sleeping, physically in my hotel room, I slept imaginatively in an apartment, she in one bed and I in the other. My dancing partner did not want me to marry, so she told my wife that I would be seeking a divorce and to make herself scarce - which she did, taking up residence in another state. But I persisted! Night after night I slept in the assumption that I was happily married to the girl I love. 

Within a week I received a call requesting me to be in court the next Tuesday morning at 10:00 A.M.. Giving me no reason why I should be there, I dismissed the request, thinking it was a hoax played on me by a friend. So the next Tuesday morning at 9:30 A.M. I was unshaved and only casually dressed, when the phone rang and a lady said: "It would be to your advantage, as a public figure, to be in court this morning, as your wife is on trial." What a shock! I quickly thanked the lady, caught a taxi, and arrived just as court began. My wife had been caught lifting a few items from a store in New York City, which she had not paid for. Asking to speak on her behalf I said: "She is my wife and the mother of my son. Although we have been separated for sixteen years, as far as I know she has never done this before and I do not think she will ever do it again. We have a marvelous son. Please do nothing to her to reflect in any way upon our son, who lives with me. If I may say something, she is eight years my senior and may be passing through a certain emotional state which prompted her to do what she did. If you must sentence her, then please suspend it." The judge then said to me, "In all of my years on the bench I have never heard an appeal like this. Your wife tells me you want a divorce, and here you could have tangible evidence for it, yet you plead for her release." He then sentenced her for six months and suspended the sentence. My wife waited for me at the back of the room and said: "Neville, that was a decent thing to do. Give me the subpoena and I will sign it." We took a taxi together and I did that which was not legal: I served my own subpoena and she signed it. 

Now, who was the cause of her misfortune? She lived in another state, but came to New York City to do an act for which she was to be caught and tried. So I say: every being in the world will serve your purpose, so in the end you will say: "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." They will move under compulsion to do your will, just as my wife did. 

I tell this story only to illustrate a principle. You do not need to ask anyone to aid you in the answer to a prayer, for the simple reason that God is omnipotent and omniscient. He is in you as your own wonderful IAmness. Everyone on the outside is your servant, your slave, ready and able to do your will. All you need do is know what you want. Construct a scene which would imply the fulfillment of your desire. Enter the scene and remain there. If your imaginal counselor (your feeling of fulfillment) agrees with that which is used to illustrate your fulfilled desire, your fantasy will become a fact. If it does not, start all over again by creating a new scene and enter it. It costs you nothing to imagine consciously! 

In my own case the scene was a bedroom of an apartment, with my wife in one bed and I in the other, denoting that I was no longer living in a hotel alone. I fell asleep in that state, and within one week I had the necessary papers to start action on a divorce. 

This is what the Bible teaches. It is my text book. "Whatever you desire, believe you have already received it and you will!" 

There is no limit to the power of belief or to the possibilities of prayer, but you must be brazenly impudent and not take No for an answer. Try it! When I say you are all imagination, I mean it. While standing here on the platform I can, in a split-second, imagine I am standing on the outside, looking at this building. Or, in another second be in London and view the world from there. You say that’s all hallucination? That it is all in my imagination? All right, now let me share another experience with you."

1/18/2018 1:47 pm  #29

collie wrote:

I wonder if i shouldn't then just focus on seeing him even in our home and him just being happy...sitting on the couch.

It's not about what you visualise. It's from where you do it so to speak. If you were in a relationship with that person right now, what would you imagine? Sitting on the couch? Maybe for a moment when you think about what you want to do that evening. Would you imagine your wedding? Most probably, if you want to be married. It's the next logical step from being in a relationship, so when you imagine being married, your end is still the relationship. When you want to attract a marriage, then what would you see, if you already were married? And btw..it really doesn't matter what you see anyway, it's about the feeling behind it.

1/18/2018 3:42 pm  #30

piper wrote:

This is from "Brazen Impudence:"

"I will now share with you a very personal story. I tell it to illustrate a principle. Society blamed this lady for what she did, and she paid the price, but I was the cause of her misfortune. I am not going to justify my story and if you can’t take it, I’m sorry. When I first told it, one lady was very upset and I regret that; but I have noticed that when someone has recently given up alcohol, tobacco, meat, or sex, they invariably condemn the state. They feel too close to it to feel secure. I am not saying that this lady had a similar experience where she was the victim; I am only speaking of a principle. Now here is my story:

When I decided to marry the lady who now bears my name I applied this principle. At the time I was terribly involved. I had married at the age of eighteen and became a father at nineteen. We separated that year, but I never sought a divorce; therefore, my separation was not legal in the state of New York. Sixteen years later, when I fell in love and wanted to marry my present wife, I decided to sleep as though we were married. While sleeping, physically in my hotel room, I slept imaginatively in an apartment, she in one bed and I in the other. My dancing partner did not want me to marry, so she told my wife that I would be seeking a divorce and to make herself scarce - which she did, taking up residence in another state. But I persisted! Night after night I slept in the assumption that I was happily married to the girl I love. 

Within a week I received a call requesting me to be in court the next Tuesday morning at 10:00 A.M.. Giving me no reason why I should be there, I dismissed the request, thinking it was a hoax played on me by a friend. So the next Tuesday morning at 9:30 A.M. I was unshaved and only casually dressed, when the phone rang and a lady said: "It would be to your advantage, as a public figure, to be in court this morning, as your wife is on trial." What a shock! I quickly thanked the lady, caught a taxi, and arrived just as court began. My wife had been caught lifting a few items from a store in New York City, which she had not paid for. Asking to speak on her behalf I said: "She is my wife and the mother of my son. Although we have been separated for sixteen years, as far as I know she has never done this before and I do not think she will ever do it again. We have a marvelous son. Please do nothing to her to reflect in any way upon our son, who lives with me. If I may say something, she is eight years my senior and may be passing through a certain emotional state which prompted her to do what she did. If you must sentence her, then please suspend it." The judge then said to me, "In all of my years on the bench I have never heard an appeal like this. Your wife tells me you want a divorce, and here you could have tangible evidence for it, yet you plead for her release." He then sentenced her for six months and suspended the sentence. My wife waited for me at the back of the room and said: "Neville, that was a decent thing to do. Give me the subpoena and I will sign it." We took a taxi together and I did that which was not legal: I served my own subpoena and she signed it. 

Now, who was the cause of her misfortune? She lived in another state, but came to New York City to do an act for which she was to be caught and tried. So I say: every being in the world will serve your purpose, so in the end you will say: "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." They will move under compulsion to do your will, just as my wife did. 

I tell this story only to illustrate a principle. You do not need to ask anyone to aid you in the answer to a prayer, for the simple reason that God is omnipotent and omniscient. He is in you as your own wonderful IAmness. Everyone on the outside is your servant, your slave, ready and able to do your will. All you need do is know what you want. Construct a scene which would imply the fulfillment of your desire. Enter the scene and remain there. If your imaginal counselor (your feeling of fulfillment) agrees with that which is used to illustrate your fulfilled desire, your fantasy will become a fact. If it does not, start all over again by creating a new scene and enter it. It costs you nothing to imagine consciously! 

In my own case the scene was a bedroom of an apartment, with my wife in one bed and I in the other, denoting that I was no longer living in a hotel alone. I fell asleep in that state, and within one week I had the necessary papers to start action on a divorce. 

This is what the Bible teaches. It is my text book. "Whatever you desire, believe you have already received it and you will!" 

There is no limit to the power of belief or to the possibilities of prayer, but you must be brazenly impudent and not take No for an answer. Try it! When I say you are all imagination, I mean it. While standing here on the platform I can, in a split-second, imagine I am standing on the outside, looking at this building. Or, in another second be in London and view the world from there. You say that’s all hallucination? That it is all in my imagination? All right, now let me share another experience with you."

Thank you piper - I had pasted a summarised version of this above.

I think we have now come to the conclusion that Neville's account of him manifesting his second wife "specifically" after he meet her is an audio lecture.

Board footera