Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/18/2018 1:42 am  #1

Twenty twenty

Is anyone here familiar with him? He has some good stuff but he says that to have any experience with a particular person, the person has to want and choose to have the experience too, by his free will. I thought that neville teaches that you can assume anything about the person and he will play his role.
I don't believe in free will at all. Sometimes i think that this strange stuff comes from expectation that people won't like that others either doesn't really exist or they are just some kind of reflection or whatever the reason they reflect our beliefs bout them is, because people don't want to lose their illussion of their "free will".  And the golden rule thing is maybe just because most people will use this power in a "bad" way. We can only polemize about why he add this strange pieces. Any insights? πŸ˜›

1/18/2018 1:55 am  #2

Re: Twenty twenty

MiciJones wrote:

Is anyone here familiar with him? He has some good stuff but he says that to have any experience with a particular person, the person has to want and choose to have the experience too, by his free will. I thought that neville teaches that you can assume anything about the person and he will play his role.
I don't believe in free will at all. Sometimes i think that this strange stuff comes from expectation that people won't like that others either doesn't really exist or they are just some kind of reflection or whatever the reason they reflect our beliefs bout them is, because people don't want to lose their illussion of their "free will".  And the golden rule thing is maybe just because most people will use this power in a "bad" way. We can only polemize about why he add this strange pieces. Any insights? πŸ˜›

Β 
No, I've never heard of him. It's just his opinion, and I don't agree with him. I'll stick with Neville who knew what he was talking about.

The first man to raise a fist is the man who has run out of ideas.

1/18/2018 3:43 am  #3

Actually the golden rule and so are things that neville talks about.

1/18/2018 3:55 am  #4

MiciJones wrote:

The golden rule is mentioned by Neville and many of the original LOA teachers who based their teachings on biblic references.

1/18/2018 4:02 am  #5

MiciJones wrote:

IMHO I have not seen a constructive discussion on free will on most LOA forums. The true subject of free will is never discussed - mostly it's people trying to put forward arguments to convince others that they will override another person free will or more extreme that there is no free will - to get the specific person they desire.

It's just distractions. Just apply the teachings have faith and see what unfolds.

As for the golden rule I agree with you as to why it's likely mentioned. But Neville goes on to say - you use it for any situation or any desire - your choice.

1/18/2018 4:21 am  #6

MiciJones wrote:

Β 
Yes, I know. I've heard him talk about the golden rule and how he wouldn't personally  go against it to do anybody any harm but that it was possible to do harm to other people using his teachings.

Neville also used his own teachings to attract his second wife. He wanted to marry her from the second he clapped eyes on her. He was still married to his first wife at the time, although they weren't living together by then. I also attracted my ex-husband by the use of my imagination, so it does work. That was long ago before I'd ever heard of Neville and I made the mistake of omitting critical details.

The first man to raise a fist is the man who has run out of ideas.

1/18/2018 7:15 am  #7

MiciJones wrote:

I don't believe in free will at all. Sometimes i think that this strange stuff comes from expectation that people won't like that others either doesn't really exist or they are just some kind of reflection or whatever the reason they reflect our beliefs bout them is, because people don't want to lose their illussion of their "free will". And the golden rule thing is maybe just because most people will use this power in a "bad" way. We can only polemize about why he add this strange pieces. Any insights? πŸ˜›

I am very excited to say something about this, because I asked Twenty Twenty about that just a few days ago (I wanted to hear the explaination they have for their "exception") and his answer and the answer of a mod in that group were just ridiculous.

First about TT: He has studied Neville for over twenty years I think, he quotes Neville like other people the Bible and I think he has a very good understanding of Neville's teachings. I am in his Manifesting Mastery program and I already learned a lot from it and from his Facebook group, but....

One thing he says is that everyting is possible and if there is one exception, there are many excepctions. And then, everyone in the group tells you that you shouldn't (not couldn't, but shouldn't) attract a specific person. At some point, I asked, because it came up over and over again and I was just interested how they explain that. Well, what they said was this: you can't attract a specific person in the loving relationship, BUT you can have a nice friendship with them. WTF???? So their "free will" (they didn't mention that expression though) reaches far enough to not want a relationship with you, but you can "force" them to be friends with you? And for some reason, they make that about "controlling". They say you can imagine lovingly for others and make them healthy, understand things etc., but relationship is not possible? One person even said something about that it's evil...wtf? What if the other person whould be happy in the new relationship? I mean, I guess everyone who wants a specific person wants them to be happy in the end, or am I wrong on this? I personally wouldn't want to be with someone who is completely unhappy with me..lol. That would make me unhappy too and I would let him go instead of forcing something onto him. For me, this explanation that you can have a friendship, but not relationship with them debunked the whole thing for me and since then, I am not so much in the Facebook group or in Manifestation Mastery anymore. There is still a lot of good stuff there though.

I think the most important thing when it comes to learning this stuff is not following teachings blindly. So many people do that. Neville said in one of his lectures that you shouldn't go for a specific person. They read it and make it law and tell it everyone, because Neville said it. The funny thing about is that Neville didn't give an explanation why you shouldn't do that. They make up their own explanations for it. And that's basically what they say you shouldn't do - they look for secondary cause. You shouldn't do that BECAUSE (the signal word I mentioned in one of my posts) xyz. It's also funny that they quote this one line. There are countless other lines where he basically says that there is nothing but your consciousness (he really doesn't say there is nothing but consciousness, but nothing but YOUR conditioned consciousness), that other people are just reflecting what you think about them and the world, that free will is just the free will to choose your state, that anything is possible and that consciousness is the only cause. You could quote all that hundreds of things he said, but they choose to focus on something he said one time. In some lectures he also talks about politics and what they do and so on. That doesn't make sense to me too, because if he had applied what he teaches all day every day, he wouldn't talk about politics, but change his reflections. So even Neville wasn't perfect and maybe that's what Superman was referring too lately. Think for yourself, don't follow one person blindly. In the end, this person is your reflection. And they are showing you your own blocks. I hadn't asked my question if I would fully rest in the knowledge that it's always possible to attract a specific person. I don't believe in free will anymore, so they didn't came up with this. The only way to explain to me that it shouldn't be done was with absolute irrational explanations, because I haven't a rational reason for questioning it anymore.

About the golden rule: It is only a rule - you can break a rule, but you can't break an universal law. So the rule can't influence the law. I read something very interesting that I stick to now. Whenever we don't imagine something lovely about someone, we break the golden rule. When my mother tells me she is in pain and I accept that and see her as the one having pain, I break the golden rule. So we do it all the time. I would say we break it hundreds of times a day. But that doesn't mean that we become sick. I know that Neville says that it comes back to us, but in my experience it's just not true. So we can keep the golden rule even when we attract a specific person: As long as we imagine them happy with us, everything is fine.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

Neville Goddard ~ The Law and the Promise

1/18/2018 7:22 am  #8

Oasiscalm wrote:

It's just distractions. Just apply the teachings have faith and see what unfolds.

So true. While I was thinking about free will, I didn't apply. I waited for something in me to click to finally let go of the belief in free will or an explanation that convinced me fully that free will doesn't exist. But that couldn't possibly happen..lol.

And as Cynthia said, experience shows otherwise. I attracted two guys back into a relationship without knowing anything about all this stuff. And when I think back, I think I did exactly what Neville teaches. The first time, I plotted and planned to get him back and that made me believe he would and before I could even carry out my plan, he was back. The second time, my mother told me that he would come back and I believed her. I carried the feeling "everything is fine" around with me and he was back within a week. And there are countless other examples with specific people who just popped up after I had thought about them or who acted in a specific way (good or bad) after I had assumptions about them. I can't remember a situation in which someone has acted completely against my core expectations about that person.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

1/18/2018 7:46 am  #9

Tripple post..
They also said that Neville could only attract marriage, because his new wife already loved him. But how did she fall in love with him in the first place? Because of his state. And wasn't his state at that point about a specific person? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Just today, TT made a video about attracting an ex (or better why you shouldn't). He said something like that people who got their ex back often have a shitty relationship with them. wtf? Doesn't he teach that our state determines how people treat us? And isn't it just logical that many people take the old relationship with them into the new one and that they create the relationship going downwards. When I think my two second tries, yes, I was in a different state. I was afraid that he would break up again. So I was already in the state of "that won't last". But when we are conscious of our states and can change them there is really no reason why it shouldn't work out. There is even a couple in the Neville group..they were seperated for 2 years and now they are happily married and have children together. So it's obviously possible to have a good relationship after a breakup.

1/18/2018 8:32 am  #10

Yeah, most people who are into neville either don't really understand him or they are adding some their crap. I think tt made some good points about other things, but what he teaches about other people seems contradictary even to a neville quotes he uses when he is explaining something.

Board footera