Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/14/2017 4:11 pm  #1

Really needing help

So the past week or so, I don't know how this happened; i've just begun to feel massively depressed. Like, things have been going horribly for me lately, and whenever I look in the mirror, I feel like I'm ugly af, which adds onto the anxiousness and depression, my family seems fairly uncaring toward me, and everyone I talk to seems to have more interest in others than me, whether that's friends or more. It's just made me feel insecure, ugly, and overall just not worth it, for anyone.Β 

I just need some tips on how to get out of this dark area, because it's really messing with me.

Thank you.

8/14/2017 5:01 pm  #2

Re: Really needing help

We have seen pictures of you so we all know you are far from ugly.

Β 

Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.

8/14/2017 5:03 pm  #3

YesIWILL wrote:

So the past week or so, I don't know how this happened; i've just begun to feel massively depressed. Like, things have been going horribly for me lately, and whenever I look in the mirror, I feel like I'm ugly af, which adds onto the anxiousness and depression, my family seems fairly uncaring toward me, and everyone I talk to seems to have more interest in others than me, whether that's friends or more. It's just made me feel insecure, ugly, and overall just not worth it, for anyone.Β 

I just need some tips on how to get out of this dark area, because it's really messing with me.

Thank you.

I too have struggled with a ton of depressive thoughts lately, its so odd to me since I've felt so good last week and nothing has actually changed since then.
Why not focus on your qualities? I, for one I'm lacking in many departments, but when I really think about it, a ton of my unique qualities pop up in my mind and the negative thoughts seem to shoot out the door afterwards.

Try and do something you really enjoy, according to Victor Velure even watching a film can be a form of meditation! Distract yourself, don't let the negativity or the circumstances take over. You're most likely a wonderful person so surround yourself with uplifting people as well as situations and ignore anyone who does not help your mood.

You could also try doing some "good deeds", I feed the stray cats around my neighbourhood and it's a really positive experience.

8/14/2017 5:17 pm  #4

ThisDude wrote:

I feed the stray cats around my neighbourhood and it's a really positive experience.

Well done you! >^..^<

8/14/2017 5:33 pm  #5

YesIWILL wrote:

everyone I talk to seems to have more interest in others than me, whether that's friends or more.

I reckon you are overgeneralising. That can't be true for everyone?

I get sick of hearing "it's you pushed out!" over and over, but perhaps in this instance it is. You feel rubbish in yourself so you convince yourself that you are pointless and nobody gives a stuff. So other people pick up on it and it goes on in a merry go round.Β 

I don't know everything that has "gone horribly", but I also think we overthink and blow things up out of proportion at times. If you mean the date that fizzled out, that happens to us all, it's not confined to you.Β 

8/14/2017 10:30 pm  #6

Thank you so much. It's not about that. It's just about everything lately. I dunno. I look in the mirror and I just feel ugly. That's a big thing. I look great from the front view, but side view looks horrible. The way my neck/jaw is. But it's more than that. It's much more about how people have been rresponding to me. Like, I'd be in a good mood, just talking to people, friends, and family, and like, my family, for example seems to prefer everyone else over me, while my friends, and people I know, seem to just... I can't explain it. The way they act around me just makes me feel unwanted or 'not good enough', and it has gotten me feeling that maybe I'm not attractive, maybe my personality is bad, etc; worthless. I guess just the way people have been acting toward me have made me feel like I'm not worth it. So I want to get this feeling of "not worth it" (not worth friends, not worth family, not worth a relationship, etc.) to vanish. I want to feel great again. And that I can hang out with people I know and feel like I actually mean something. Or hang out with my family and feel loved. Or feel like I can get any girl I want. I guess I just don't feel like I'm good enough for anyone right now, in any respect, and I don't know why. It has got me feeling low.

8/15/2017 3:53 am  #7

Are you sure you are not imagining this? The fact that you are generalising and can't give (or don't want to give) specific examples of someone making you unwanted makes me think it is your mood rather than other people. I may be wrong, but that is how it seems.

It's not about not being good enough for anyone, it's about being good enough for yourself, being you, before you start relationships, or all the other hell will kick off again if you aren't in a good place.
Β 

8/15/2017 5:35 am  #8

This sounds like depression, I'm not a doctor so I apologise if I'm wrong. I'm just basing this off my own issues with mental health. A few years ago I didn't leave my house for months because I felt worthless, please talk to someone. Even if it's me. I deactivated Facebook but I have other social apps if you need someone to talk to.Β 

It Is Not What Happens To You, It Is How You Respond To It.Β 

8/15/2017 9:57 am  #9

Do you ever talk to you family on a proper, sit down and talk basis?Β 

8/15/2017 12:07 pm  #10

I think it goes beyond depression having seen your posts over a long period of time. It seems much more deep rooted in your personality.

Keep talking to your therapist. If you aren't making much progress it's fine to find another one. Not every therapist will suit everyone.

Board footera