Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/13/2017 2:53 pm  #1

Is this resistance?

Imagine you are trying to attract a person, and they don't appear to be responding. You know that you are great, that they would be lucky to have you in their life and you don't feel negative about yourself, but you are wondering why they haven't bothered to get back to you, what is stopping them, wondering why they are so slow to take up this amazing opportunity! In the meantime you're just getting on with your own fabulous life, doing everything you would be doing - though thinking in passing "hmm ... why hasn't s/he got back to me?"

What do we think?

Is this resistance?

Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.

8/13/2017 3:04 pm  #2

Re: Is this resistance?

I think so, if you were 100% sure that the Universe would deliver, you wouldn't really question about them not contacting you!

8/13/2017 3:16 pm  #3

Great question!

My opinion is you don't think of it. If there's something not happening, it's not your issue. If you're doing all the right things (being happy and not attached) then don't even think about it, it's not your issue or your job. Your job is to be awesome and not think about why something may or may not be happening. It's not your responsibility. Meh - get on with your life.

I kind of object to the whole idea of 'resistance' because in my life, I only resist things I don't want or i'm not ready for right now. And that's fine. People very rarely resist things they want or need.

I don't like the idea that a lot of people seem to support that 'resistance' from another person must be something that the person wanting that person must work through or force.

Plus I think the idea of 'resistance' has become part of some views of RS or whatever and I think that's something that was made up at some point and repeated and repeated to the point it has become 'truth'.

I've seen people post on forums saying 'well, he's engaged to someone else and posting all over FB about how happy he is so yay! It's working! I'm getting through to him with all my work and he's resisting'. Or he's engaged to someone else and happy...

I feel bad for the people that seem to see it as a good sign. It rarely ends well.

8/13/2017 3:19 pm  #4

And not saying that's you by the way PF! Just that that's where the concept of 'resistance' often leads for some people.

8/13/2017 3:26 pm  #5

And I just thought - it doesn't even have to be 'resistance' as such.

I have people pop into my head all the time and think 'I should text them and arrange to meet up'. It doesn't mean I do it!

8/13/2017 3:26 pm  #6

ThisDude wrote:

I think so, if you were 100% sure that the Universe would deliver, you wouldn't really question about them not contacting you!

The thing is, nobody can be 100% sure about anything all of the time - why is this particular issue the one where we always have to be 100% sure or we won't get what we want?

I'm having my kitchen tiled and I ordered the tiles on line, paid for them, and was given a delivery date within 14 days. They didn't arrive - and I was sure they would, as the website promised 14 day delivery. I fully expected them to show up. 

8/13/2017 3:34 pm  #7

Lifesagas wrote:

Great question!

My opinion is you don't think of it. If there's something not happening, it's not your issue. If you're doing all the right things (being happy and not attached) then don't even think about it, it's not your issue or your job. Your job is to be awesome and not think about why something may or may not be happening. It's not your responsibility. Meh - get on with your life.

I kind of object to the whole idea of 'resistance' because in my life, I only resist things I don't want or i'm not ready for right now. And that's fine. People very rarely resist things they want or need.

I don't like the idea that a lot of people seem to support that 'resistance' from another person must be something that the person wanting that person must work through or force.

Plus I think the idea of 'resistance' has become part of some views of RS or whatever and I think that's something that was made up at some point and repeated and repeated to the point it has become 'truth'.

I've seen people post on forums saying 'well, he's engaged to someone else and posting all over FB about how happy he is so yay! It's working! I'm getting through to him with all my work and he's resisting'. Or he's engaged to someone else and happy...

I feel bad for the people that seem to see it as a good sign. It rarely ends well.

I know what you mean.       When it comes to a specific person it's interesting

When you're a teen or In your early- mid 20's.   I wouldn't even get mad at marriages or relationships.   It seems like very few young relationships/marriages work forever

Maybe I've just changed my mindset.  But even if I want someone, I can't stay stuck on them forever.   I try to move on and live my life, it doesn't mean I give up hope.  I just don't distract myself with it.    Plus, I open myself up to other opportunities

You never know what the future holds.    I feel people delay their manifestations by staying stuck on them.  Because a lot of the time, they stop being happy/living

Your success story shows what happens when you live life, you have a strong possibility of getting them anyway

8/13/2017 3:54 pm  #8

Maybe I've just changed my mindset.  But even if I want someone, I can't stay stuck on them forever.   I try to move on and live my life, it doesn't mean I give up hope.  I just don't distract myself with it.    Plus, I open myself up to other opportunities

Yep, what you say above is true. You don't have to give up hope but set the intention, believe it and get on with your life, don't give anymore energy and ALWAYS be open to other possibilities. Don't stay stuck on one person.

Because if you believe you're AMAZING (and you are), you don't need to try and 'get' someone that is not wanting you right now. You're worth more than that and have more options.

Don't be that person trying to visualise/meditate/RS on their wedding night to someone else! You're competing (and losing right now) let it go!. YOU are fab! If they don't want you right now then they are not for you. If you're in alignment there is NO competition.

And I know that isn't you, just posting it for other people.

8/13/2017 3:55 pm  #9

I failed quoting you there Dan - how do I do it?

8/13/2017 3:59 pm  #10

Lifesagas wrote:

I've seen people post on forums saying 'well, he's engaged to someone else and posting all over FB about how happy he is so yay! It's working! I'm getting through to him with all my work and he's resisting'. Or he's engaged to someone else and happy...  I feel bad for the people that seem to see it as a good sign. It rarely ends well.

I was obsessed with someone once, who I went out with only once, and chatted to in a bar three times - he stood me up and when I challenged him gave a half-a**ed, pathetic response. Looking back, he was never the settling type, always flirting, and that would have driven me up the wall. He married at the age of 19 because he had got his girlfriend pregnant. They had two children and eventually divorced. Looking at things now, he was just not the one for me. I'd never have been happy with him. 

When I found out he had a pregnant girlfriend and was getting married, that was the bucket of cold water for me. As it happened, they weren't happy for very long and he moved on again. 

Board footera