Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2017 8:15 pm  #1

What's the difference?

Between being thankful, grateful, appreciative - are these all the same?

If we think we are lucky to have something, does this mean we think we don't deserve it?

For instance, I am so thankful for my line manager/colleague, and more so after the lousy experience of my previous job. This manager is a 360 degree turnaround. She's supportive, a true colleague, we get on well, share an office and like each other. Am I lucky to have her, do I deserve her - or should I just be grateful and thankful (because I really am!) 

Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.

4/30/2017 2:28 am  #2

Re: What's the difference?

You kinda answered your own question with your example. Being grateful is a lower vibration, because there is still the not wanted aspect in it. "It was terrible before, but now I am very grateful that it got better".
Appreciation is a pure vibration and the same thing as love.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

Neville Goddard ~ The Law and the Promise

4/30/2017 4:16 am  #3

Ha ha so I guess we should fill in appreciation journals not gratitude ones!

The poor experiences serve as contrast though.

Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.

4/30/2017 4:22 am  #4

Right, would be better. But dependent on your vibration, it can be easier to reach for gratitude than for appreciation.
I think appreciation is something we have to include more in our every day experience anway. That's something I plan to work on now and I see how much I take good things for granted, while the moment somehing bad is happening, I am very busy focusing on that one thing that isn't going the way I want it to go. Very bad habit.

Of course they do, else you couldn't appreciate anything. It's like eating your prefered food every day. You can't appreciate it without the contrast of different food.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

5/01/2017 11:59 pm  #5

Sanshi wrote:

You kinda answered your own question with your example. Being grateful is a lower vibration, because there is still the not wanted aspect in it. "It was terrible before, but now I am very grateful that it got better".
Appreciation is a pure vibration and the same thing as love.

It is like you took the words out of my mouth. I was reflecting on how love and appreciation are one and the same. Cuz all I want is to express my love and appreciation for everything.

A King only bows down to his Queen.

5/02/2017 3:58 pm  #6

Interesting, I never thought about it this way. I was told by an old therapist of mine to keep a gratitude journal and it did make me feel better, I think I'm going to turn my current journal into an appreciation one. A lot of good has happened to me lately and appreciation sounds like a better word for it. 

It Is Not What Happens To You, It Is How You Respond To It. 

5/03/2017 9:59 am  #7

I'm with Stacey on this one - though I fell off with the journaling I recently shifted from gratitude to appreciation, like appreciating the BEAUTY in things around me. It  helped, I need to do it again. 

True forgiveness is accepting the apology you have not yet received. 

5/03/2017 11:39 am  #8

Hmmmm so here's a tricky question....when I tried writting an appreciation journal in my native language the words didn't seem so let's say "magic"...they seemed indifferent...even though I really appreciate the things I write.is it due to my alignment or the words just don't bond with me?cause I also think appreciation is wonderful.and lately I appreciate more things even though I had a negative manifestation today 😂😂

5/03/2017 12:14 pm  #9

creator1980 wrote:

Hmmmm so here's a tricky question....when I tried writting an appreciation journal in my native language the words didn't seem so let's say "magic"...they seemed indifferent...even though I really appreciate the things I write.is it due to my alignment or the words just don't bond with me?cause I also think appreciation is wonderful.and lately I appreciate more things even though I had a negative manifestation today 😂😂

That's the reason why I do all this stuff in English. The words "feel" differently. Slightly so, but still noticable.

5/03/2017 12:15 pm  #10

Sanshi wrote:

creator1980 wrote:

That's the reason why I do all this stuff in English. The words "feel" differently. Slightly so, but still noticable.

So would you suggest I should write it in English also??

Board footera