Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/16/2017 11:20 am  #1

Anniversary. (Advice appreciated)

I am trying to make sense of what I'm feeling at the moment. I've been more relaxed lately and focusing on school, my business, getting homework done, working out, playing around with manifestation with other people and things. But this is the time when everything comes full circle. 

This was the exact time last year when my relationship with my ex began to crumble, but today makes one year since his father passed.Tomorrow was our anniversary. A lot had gone on at this time that had hurt me, and I've long since forgiven everything. I've kind of been basking in the afterglow of my transformation really, sometimes I just get crippled with shock thinking about where I was a year ago, and where I am now. I worked with one coach, and I emailed with Veronica and honestly I still reread our emails because she never once made me feel like I was beating a dead horse. So with a lot of help and a lot of inner work I no longer harbor any negativity towards the situation or towards him. 

I no longer have bad feelings about this experience, but right now I do have a pit in my stomach. I mean, I had met his father and spoke with him before things had gotten this bad. Of course I felt something, and I feel something again. I'm not completely heartless. 

We haven't had contact in about 10 months...there was one random text over the summer but it never went anywhere. I think I responded to it with "lol" and that was the end of that. I've been believing that he's going to be reaching back out to me again soon. But there's a part of me that is feeling a little bit like breaking No Contact ....feeling some kind of impulse to send an email or something with condolences just because I know how much losing his father absolutely broke him. He didn't handle anything well at all and wasn't ready for what he was going to be taking on. I'm kind of in the dark which is why I haven't even begun drafting anything. 

I'm not really focused on the outside circumstances and focusing more on my feelings at this point. I don't even know what the outside circumstances look like on his end. I guess where I need the advice is, should I reach out? Have any of you that are further along with manifesting been the one to break the no contact and start the chain reaction of them coming back? I have always pictured him coming to me out of the blue...like a lot of these other success stories I know it's possible. But would reaching out during this time be the worst possible thing?

Last edited by Creeeeestal (2/16/2017 11:23 am)

True forgiveness is accepting the apology you have not yet received. 

2/16/2017 2:28 pm  #2

Re: Anniversary. (Advice appreciated)

I'm sure the answer is within me somewhere, I just have to look hard enough.  

2/16/2017 6:23 pm  #3

I don't really know much of what happened between you two, so it's hard to say if you should contact him or not. You know him and yourself better than any of us, so you're the best judge here.

Here's what I do believe: if you contact him because you're trying to force things to happen, it'll most likely just bring you back into the spin zone. You know the story...you don't see a reply back or maybe the reply back doesn't meet your expectations, and then you get caught up in negative thinking and desperation all over again...yadda yadda yadda...

But if you do it out of genuine kindness and warmth, no expectations, just sharing the wholeness that you already are, then it will be OK...because it was never about the reply back or what happens next, it was just about you doing what you feel is right, sharing your love, being your true self.

So ask yourself, is the impulse to contact coming from a place of love or fear?

When I contact people because I'm scared of losing them or I need them to like me, they almost never respond. But when I contact them with no expectations, just sharing my life and my warmth with them because that's me - that's my happiness and love pouring out - most of the time it goes well.

Either way, it sounds like you're on the right track. I know I might get crap for saying this but find the love, freedom, and happiness within you for yourself, not to get him back. Be OK with not getting him back, know that you can be happy either way, know that everything is working out either way. As you live in the feeling of love and happiness, see what they inspire in you, listen to your true feelings and you will have more clarity on what to do.

When something just feels right, you know it.

2/16/2017 6:42 pm  #4

Blue wrote:

I don't know where this whole "no contact" mentality came from where people think it's an absolute strict rule and you just can't reach out or else you're somehow doomed.

That's BS to me.

"No contact" is, in my opinion, for those who are so lost that they don't know up from down and are constantly moping around and crying in their pillow at night. Those creepy people who just can't stop contacting their ex or whoever over and over and over despite being told "leave me alone". Those people who just can't ******* move on and find their dignity. Those people who contact their significant other's moms, dad's, brothers, etc. because they "love their daughter so much!" Or "need answers!!!" - THOSE people need to follow "no contact" because they're obsessing and bothering someone to death. Everyone else is fine.

If you are at a place within yourself that you feel happy and don't care about getting a response, there is zero harm in reaching out. Reaching out won't stop your manifestation process or whatever else. If you're in a happy place and you don't care for the outcome, there's no harm. If you're not going to spam them, reach out to their mom or family members - go ahead.

You said he lost his father - hell yes I would reach out. My man and I got into a huge fight and a few days later his good friend died of cancer. I reached out and told him I was sorry for his loss, even though there was still some tension between us. I did it because I love and care for him, I didn't expect a response. He did end up talking to me that evening and we made up later on, but I wasn't thinking "If I reach out then ___ will happen." I just did it.

I agree, she should def reach out

I agree with what you said about no contact too, I don't think it should be some strict rule, it's usually to help us get rid of the resistance we may have

another reason no contact might be good, is if the person hasn't responded in awhile, but even then, if something comes along and you feel a MUST text/call and no expect ANYTHING out of it, then go for it. 

2/16/2017 7:05 pm  #5

Colonel Roosevelt wrote:

I don't really know much of what happened between you two, so it's hard to say if you should contact him or not. You know him and yourself better than any of us, so you're the best judge here.

Here's what I do believe: if you contact him because you're trying to force things to happen, it'll most likely just bring you back into the spin zone. You know the story...you don't see a reply back or maybe the reply back doesn't meet your expectations, and then you get caught up in negative thinking and desperation all over again...yadda yadda yadda...

But if you do it out of genuine kindness and warmth, no expectations, just sharing the wholeness that you already are, then it will be OK...because it was never about the reply back or what happens next, it was just about you doing what you feel is right, sharing your love, being your true self.

So ask yourself, is the impulse to contact coming from a place of love or fear?

When I contact people because I'm scared of losing them or I need them to like me, they almost never respond. But when I contact them with no expectations, just sharing my life and my warmth with them because that's me - that's my happiness and love pouring out - most of the time it goes well.

Either way, it sounds like you're on the right track. I know I might get crap for saying this but find the love, freedom, and happiness within you for yourself, not to get him back. Be OK with not getting him back, know that you can be happy either way, know that everything is working out either way. As you live in the feeling of love and happiness, see what they inspire in you, listen to your true feelings and you will have more clarity on what to do.

When something just feels right, you know it.

I feel like you've nailed it. Of course it's a lot to explain everything that's happened, but it was me that cut him off initially. There was never any "leave me alone and stop talking to me" and there were no efforts on my behalf to get him back, everything has been inward. I feel like I've been in a really good place, but exactly what you mentioned. I don't THINK I'm attaching anything to it, but I have been cautious because I know my tendencies and fear that my own thoughts and energy will go to the wrong place. I did send him some loving energy though....I guess I'm still trying to work everything else out with myself. haha

2/16/2017 7:19 pm  #6

Blue wrote:

I don't know where this whole "no contact" mentality came from where people think it's an absolute strict rule and you just can't reach out or else you're somehow doomed.

That's BS to me.

"No contact" is, in my opinion, for those who are so lost that they don't know up from down and are constantly moping around and crying in their pillow at night. Those creepy people who just can't stop contacting their ex or whoever over and over and over despite being told "leave me alone". Those people who just can't ******* move on and find their dignity. Those people who contact their significant other's moms, dad's, brothers, etc. because they "love their daughter so much!" Or "need answers!!!" - THOSE people need to follow "no contact" because they're obsessing and bothering someone to death. Everyone else is fine.

If you are at a place within yourself that you feel happy and don't care about getting a response, there is zero harm in reaching out. Reaching out won't stop your manifestation process or whatever else. If you're in a happy place and you don't care for the outcome, there's no harm. If you're not going to spam them, reach out to their mom or family members - go ahead.

You said he lost his father - hell yes I would reach out. My man and I got into a huge fight and a few days later his good friend died of cancer. I reached out and told him I was sorry for his loss, even though there was still some tension between us. I did it because I love and care for him, I didn't expect a response. He did end up talking to me that evening and we made up later on, but I wasn't thinking "If I reach out then ___ will happen." I just did it.

Goodness....you do have a point there, blue! No contact is something I don't know too much about, but I think you've nailed what it's supposed to do...give us time to get our minds right and be okay with ourselves. I certainly haven't done anything like that, even at my worst. I do pray for his family, because one thing that would have to happen with our new relationship whenever it happens, is a good relationship with his sister. She didn't like me, but she also never met me.....when we broke up she also apologized. But yeah, no contacting family members here....

A lot of this has just been me trying to sort it out: am I REALLY ok with him not responding.....it's been so long and since i DON'T know what's been going on on his side since I don't check up on him (I've looked at his profile like 5 times total over the past few months.....I'm the type who looks at people's profiles multiple times a day, lol so that is HUGE progress). There's that underlying fear of "what if there's a negative response" and even with an ounce of those thoughts, I didn't even begin to write the message. 

But you do have a point, it shouldn't have to be a strict rule that we can't reach out at all, especially if we're in a good state of mind or expecting the resolution right then and there. I know that I just feel in my heart to send some condolences, nothing about talking further. I've just been thinking of sending an email like 

"Hey, I know that it's been a year since the passing of your dad. I know how rough this was on you last year and hope you and your family are doing alright." SOMETHING LIKE THAT, lol. 

2/16/2017 7:46 pm  #7

Blue wrote:

I would send one but without any attachment or a grain of hope that he will respond. Do it because you love and care, not for your own personal hidden agenda - you know what I mean?

You're absolutely right. I'm doing an audit of my thoughts...kind of talking through it here (because talking through my thoughts helps) plus it's just an email. 

2/16/2017 7:48 pm  #8

Hell, I'd do it. Want me to do it for you? LOL. It seems to me that you really want to send him a nice message but the only reason you don't is because you're scared of a bad outcome. I can't begin to tell you how many times I was scared of a bad outcome and the opposite happened - good things happened. If it feels right in your heart, I'd go for it. Worst case scenario: no reply. If you start to feel negative, you know it's only natural and a part of life, it's OK to feel sad at times, you know there are ways to soothe yourself and be happier again. You'll get over it. Put yourself in his shoes - what would you want?

2/16/2017 8:27 pm  #9

Colonel Roosevelt wrote:

Hell, I'd do it. Want me to do it for you? LOL. It seems to me that you really want to send him a nice message but the only reason you don't is because you're scared of a bad outcome. I can't begin to tell you how many times I was scared of a bad outcome and the opposite happened - good things happened. If it feels right in your heart, I'd go for it. Worst case scenario: no reply. If you start to feel negative, you know it's only natural and a part of life, it's OK to feel sad at times, you know there are ways to soothe yourself and be happier again. You'll get over it. Put yourself in his shoes - what would you want?

You know what? This really does help. And this time last year, all he wanted was me to be there. Which I was trying to be, but not in the right way so I snapped when I didn't get the right response. I just genuinely felt it on his heart. If I didn't know his dad I wouldn't feel like reaching out.

All I said was "Hey… So it dawned on me today and I remembered that it’s been a year now since your dad passed.  Just had it on my heart to reach out and extend my condolences. I hope you and your family are doing alright and coping during this time.  Take care. "

It's not like I'm asking to get back together or sending some long drawn out message. Just condolences from the heart which is my only intention. Putting myself in his shoes, he knew I was someone who genuinely cared about him to the core. He would've wanted me to be there and be more available to him..but I wasn't ok. He wasn't ok. We just weren't ok. It's been a year now and even after sending it I don't feel bad. I don't even feel afraid anymore. 

Last edited by Creeeeestal (2/16/2017 8:27 pm)

2/17/2017 3:23 am  #10

I totally agree with Blue. There is no strict rule for NC. Come on, we are human, sending a thoughtful msg at this time would mean a lotttttt!!!! I mean it shows u still remember those moments. And u said its 10 months....so had u been really creepy or stalking, you wouldnt have waited for 10 months would you? Its an extremely graceful gesture on your part to send a text at his dad's death anniversary. Just send the text and forget about it. DO NOT EXPECT ANYTHING AT ALL. Think as if u are sending it to any damn person (I know its not easy but you have to) Do it ONLY IF YOU ARE OK with a NO REPLY or just a "Thank You". Trust me....even a small thanks means a lot. Best wishes girl.

Board footera