Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/02/2016 2:25 pm  #1

the past

So we're told to forget the past but revise it at the same time? Can someone please elaborate?

In lak ech. Ancient Mayan for "you are my other me"

11/20/2016 2:49 pm  #2

Re: the past

Let go of the past because it no longer exists and it doesn't serve you in the present.

Stay in the present and the now and be fulfilled - when you are fulfilled, the past doesn't matter.

Let go of the past by rewriting/revising it from your present, fulfilled state of mind/being.

11/20/2016 2:57 pm  #3

InLakEsch wrote:

So we're told to forget the past but revise it at the same time? Can someone please elaborate?

You can let go of it completely. Revising is just in case you can't get rid of it.

"Self-abandonment. That is the secret. We have to abandon ourselves to the state, in our love for the state, and in so doing live the life of the state and no more our present state. And to make the state alive, one must become it."

Neville Goddard ~ The Law and the Promise

11/20/2016 4:36 pm  #4

Funny how you both posted in here because I was just thinking about the past today and it was kind of bringing me down. I'm usually good at forgetting about it. I've studied zen and eastern philosophy for a while and I know there's no such thing as the past except for the memories in our minds. A lot of suffering comes from people not being able to dissolve their past self and step into the all possibility of the now.

11/20/2016 4:44 pm  #5

This revision technique actually helped me process some really traumatising memories, I'm only basing this on the notes I have in a journal because I can no longer relate to these words, according to this I used to wake up screaming at night, I used to cry at the sight of my reflection, self-harmed, drank too much, smoked a load of weed and tobacco, to put it simply. I absolutely despised myself and everything I stood for. Naturally, I was referredΒ to the mental health care system, I met one therapist who sat me through EMDR sessions. I was told to write out the bad stuff and give it a happier ending. So for around 8 sessions I'm assuming based on what I got written down we'd give these horrid events a happier ending. Now reading this back I can't even remember them happening. If I didn't have them written down I'd have no idea they were once a thing. I didn't know it was Neville Goddard until I started on the journey I'm on now. Β I've still got other stuff I need to deal with but I've been sober for a very long time and I don't really do any of the bad stuff I mentioned. I know this isn't really related to LOA and what you were asking but I just wanted to emphasise how powerful this is.Β 

It Is Not What Happens To You, It Is How You Respond To It.Β 

11/20/2016 4:49 pm  #6

Thanks Stacy. You just gave me a mini revelation. When I was meditating on why I think I can't have my manifestation I thought back to a girl I dated in high school. My first real love. Now she's not the one I'm attracting, but when our relationship fell apart I spiralled into depression. I too smoked a ton of weed and always felt bad for myself and always would be so hard on myself. I'd tell myself no one likes me and I became so anti social that I was a shell of who I used to be. It took me a while to get out of that. I think my meditation session this morning was telling me I need to resolve some of this issue in order to feel worthy of my manifestation.

11/20/2016 5:15 pm  #7

In case it's helpful...

Technically, there is no past - the same way there is no future.  There is just the now.

When your mind thinks about "past" events, it's really perceiving them NOW.

Your mind is keeping alive thoughts and feelings (seemingly from the past) NOW.

The same way it does when it thinks about "future" events.  The thoughts don't exist in the "future." They exist in your now.

In both cases, your thoughts exist only NOW.

The "past" sometimes seems more real and verifiable to you - most likely because you have spent way more time in your collective, strung along "now" thinking about it. So it's solidified and seems way more solid than it actually is.

Think about when you read a book of fiction (or whatever type) - you're sitting there reading the text and you're (in the case of fiction) reading this story that someone has written and you're reading it in the present. You don't really think about when the author sat down and wrote it - you don't really think how far in the "past" the story was written - because it's alive to you NOW.

(Please note - yes, I realize there are some exceptions here like if you're reading a clearly old novel wherein references to another time and era are made and there are obvious clues and distinctions that say, Edgar Allen Poe wrote this in 1800 something - but I think you get the point).

I recently moved and found a bunch of papers I had written - I read through them and one of them described a day/night.

I was really engrossed in it - then I had to stop and think - wait - did this really HAPPEN?!? Outside of ny head? And outside of this piece of paper?!?! I had to think and remember whether or not I had actually experienced it in "real life" and it was a journal entry of the "past" or whether it was a scripting exercise for a "future" event I wanted to experience or just one my random fiction pieces of writing about another character outside of myself.

In the end - it didn't matter - regardless of the cause, source and/or intent, it was as real to me reading it right then and there and in reading it there in that now, it was a real experience for me.

After I thought about it a bit, I remembered and realized it was a "real" event that I had experienced outside of my head and off the paper - so therefore it was a journal entry from and of the "past" - but it just as easily could have been a script for a "future" event I wished for myself or a piece I had written for one of my novels.

EITHER WAY - I EXPERIENCED IT - IN THE NOW.

The only thing that keeps the past, present and/or future active and alive for us - is...us...our own minds....

Hope this makes sense and is helpful.

Last edited by mave (11/20/2016 5:19 pm)

11/21/2016 12:04 am  #8

So could I have been subconsciously allowing this to happen? I mean I've always been fearful of going back into that state. I've since became a stronger person and I know I won't regress back into self loathing.

Board footera