Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2016 5:22 pm  #1

Accept them as they are VS See them as you want them to be

Can someone please explain me what is the difference ?

For a person and for a situation, as well...

3/08/2016 9:56 pm  #2

Re: Accept them as they are VS See them as you want them to be

Milk&Honey wrote:

Can someone please explain me what is the difference ?

For a person and for a situation, as well...

You are the creator of your reality. Everyone and everything is a projection of you outwardly. You can either be passive and let circumstances affect you or you affect circumstance,  not with action but your thinking.

Famous quotes which speak this: 'Be the change you want to see in the world' or 'change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change'

Have you ever been truly annoyed with a person, such as your boss or a partner? And then applying the rule of thinking of them as loving and really it's just your thinking or beliefs projected outward, they suddenly seem to be nicer or calmer to you.

Neville Goddard says once you understand your power you will never blame another person in this world for actions done to you. Because you are it's cause and you can change the circumstances to how you choose.

3/09/2016 4:51 am  #3

Well, I have experienced both. People have changed when I have accepted the way they are and when I have seen them the way I want.

I think that the whole point is removing resistance. In both cases, we remove our resistence, we have no fear or anger anymore.Β 

3/09/2016 5:38 am  #4

I filter this a little differently,  because sometimes "accept them as they are" seems outrageous in a heated moment when you are misaligned lol.  BUT if you are open to the fact that they are ALWAYS reflecting  your fears in their behaviour,  you go a LOOOOONG way towards harmoniously interacting with them. 
Further to this, I sometimes find it a jump to "see them as you want them to be." (OCCASIONALLY 😜) I have been known to think "yes I'd love to see them as fabulous but they are still an ass!" In practical terms, it truly helps me to remember that we are ALL eternal beings. We are ALL here to transcend our fears and to free ourselves from the mental constraints that we learnt so easily. And ALL of us are only EVER acting from a place of love or fear. That's it. this helps me to feel compassion and a connection with people even in times of contrast. And as you see them as perfect, eternal beings you cannot help but accept where they are on THEIR journey because it is just as important and valid and justified as YOUR journey. There is power in compassion, and a force unparalleled in love. Come at every relationship from this perspective, and they will delight you in the most wonderful ways.

If you imagine it in your mind..
Believe it in your heart..
Feel it in your soul..
You will hold it in your hand πŸ’žΒ 

3/09/2016 5:51 am  #5

Thank you Cherished.Β 

So, I can see it in this way: accept them as they are, it means to be ok with their current behaviour, as a reflection of our own beliefs (and we have to be ok with where we are in our journey, always). They have their own journey, too. We all act out of love or out of fear, so every time we see a bad behaviour, there is fear behind it (ours or theirs). We should see them with compassion, them and ourselves as well, and what we mean by seeing them as we want them to be is see the love in them, not the fear. To see the light in them, their inner being, beyond the fear of their physical personality. Their true self.

Did I get it well?Β 

3/09/2016 5:56 am  #6

That sounds amazing to me! If you can nail that in all of your relationships they will morph into bliss! 😘

Feel it in your soul..

3/09/2016 5:59 am  #7

Thank you. Is it my belief that creates that behavior/situation or the fact that they act out of fear? Or a combination?

3/09/2016 6:00 am  #8

What a great thread I don't know, personally I would do both, with an emphasis on accepting the person/situation the way things currently stand. As far as LOA goes of course any Goddardian will tell you that what we should be doing is focusing onΒ the final result - which has different interpretations, but to me the idea ofΒ feeling as ifΒ makes the most sense. So if you can accept what the situation is right now while tuning into feelings of excitement, bliss, happiness, or even just contentment -- and indeed, appreciation -- then that should be powerful in setting you on the right life path.

Nonetheless, especially if it's a situation rather than a person, I think it's important to focus on the goal... without "resting on your laurels", that is. I believe in hard work and so-called "inspired action". Intuition is something I'm trying to develop more and more at the moment...

β€œDo you really want to be happy? You can begin by being appreciative of who you are and what you've got.” 
― Benjamin Hoff,Β The Tao of Pooh

3/09/2016 6:13 am  #9

Persephone wrote:

What a great thread I don't know, personally I would do both, with an emphasis on accepting the person/situation the way things currently stand. As far as LOA goes of course any Goddardian will tell you that what we should be doing is focusing onΒ the final result - which has different interpretations, but to me the idea ofΒ feeling as ifΒ makes the most sense. So if you can accept what the situation is right now while tuning into feelings of excitement, bliss, happiness, or even just contentment -- and indeed, appreciation -- then that should be powerful in setting you on the right life path.

Nonetheless, especially if it's a situation rather than a person, I think it's important to focus on the goal... without "resting on your laurels", that is. I believe in hard work and so-called "inspired action". Intuition is something I'm trying to develop more and more at the moment...

β€œDo you really want to be happy? You can begin by being appreciative of who you are and what you've got.” 
― Benjamin Hoff,Β The Tao of Pooh

I agree...

Everyone plays the part/role you really do assign to them, knowingly or not..when you realize that everyone is playing a part to get you your desire, you curse no one...
That job you got fired from? You had to get fired in order to land you to an amazing one.
The partner who dumped you, would you have been inspired to learn more about applying LOA if you didn't.
Everything adds up toward the bigger picture. And we would think, 'I didn't attract the accident, or those bad things happening to me'
Yes you did, you did but you don't remember the seed being planted. So that's why they say, be specific about what you want, be positive, do lovingly...

3/09/2016 6:25 am  #10

I want to share a story about this.  One day I completely bounced out of alignment. And I don't like playing in that space AT ALL, so I was feeling pretty awful. I was irritated and cranky and attracted some serious contrast! And I remember thinking "whatever,  I'm going to be FURIOUS all day long.  I don't care, I haven't done it for ages, and I feel like it. Lol. So off I went angry as hell and all these ridiculous things happened to me. I bumped my knee, I lost my purse, I ripped my jacket, I slipped in the rain.. πŸ˜† And I registered loud and clear that I really needed to slow that momentum and find my happy groove again. But no, on I went, until my father called and we had a MASSIVE argument about nothing serious whatsoever. I began to feel justified in my vilification of his character lol. You would all have been appalled!

Anyway, my dad actually hung up on me! I couldn't believe it, he had the audacity to be so RUDE! And obnoxious! And I was supposed to make the 5 hour car ride to see him that day. I sat down and centred myself. I was about to call and demand an apology, but my dad has never apologised for anything. EVER. So I went and had a nap instead of calling. And then I made the 5 hour drive. I was bored out of my mind, so I decided to deliberately put myself back into alignment over the whole thing. Firstly, I started it. I decided to be furious all day, knowing full well that it wouldn't end in bliss. The obnoxious things he was saying to me were actually thoughts that I had about myself already. I feared that others had that exact opinion of me. And most striking was my desire not to fight or lower my vibration. But to return to love. So I spent AAAAALLLLLL those hours focussing on all the things I truly loved about my dad. I know that he is a good man, an eternal being who sometimes reaches his alignment and sometimes doesn't. I decided to love him so much that he couldn't possibly argue with me when I arrived.

When I finally got to his place, he was sitting outside his front door. He rushed straight to my car and said "please will you forgive me?  I don't deserve it, but I will be so grateful if you somehow can."

You know what? I was SO proud of ME for talking myself back into alignment. That encounter could have gone terribly. I've seen people ruin entire relationships over less. And I'm so proud of my dad for apologising. I believe that my own commitment to raising my vibe and KNOWING that he is a divine being who was simply fearing momentarily made all the difference. That few days with him were incredible. And it is because I accepted him as he was, while simultaneously keeping my mind firmly on the image of him exactly as I wanted him to be. Great thread topic, thank you 😘

Last edited by Cherished (3/09/2016 6:29 am)

Feel it in your soul..

Board footera