Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2016 7:58 am  #1

Retelling your story

I recently met with a friend who wanted an update on what was happening with me and my guy. I to.d her some things that had happened over the holidays and more recently. I truly do believe that my guy loves and misses me but I am wondering if me talking about what happened is not what I should do. I have been trying not to talk about hi, but when she asked it all came flooding out.  How do you tell a different story as Esther puts it?  I did say in talking to her that I know he is having a hard time without me and still has feelings for me. But is it bad to talk about recent experiences?  Or is that perpetuating more of the same? On that note, how do you stop negativity from manifesting - can you undo thoughts before others are created?

He and I had not talked for several months. We had seen each other over the holidays but did not speak. I had chosen to let him approach me rather than me go to him. However nothing happened and a month later I reached out to him to ask some questions. He told me that talking to me is difficult and that he feels he messed things up with us. He said if he could have the feelings and happiness back with me he would but that he doesn't know how to. He said he is not seeing anyone and things with others are all meaningless. I know he's had casual sex of one night stands. I am the first person he had true feelings for. Before me all he did was have one night stands or deunken hookups. How do I stop caring or thinking about that? I visualize and affirm daily that he truly does have feelings for me and only me and that he is realizing he wants me in his life as his gf.

In our convo he also said that he wanted to think about what happened with us and what was talked about, because a lot of what was said was true and he needed to be more positive. He said he was open to having convos in general between us but when I have reached out, while he responds instantly, it's to tell me he is busy and that things can wait. I told him if he doesn't want to talk to me then just say so, but he just repeated that he is busy but also that he isn't sure he has. I have to say.... I didn't respond to that message. I want him to contact me, and for him to think about what was said and realize his feelings for me are very much present.

I also saw pics of him lately. He was with all guys and then with a married person, which I thought was good in that no girls were involved . And he didn't look happy or the best to be honest. Is this a good sign that he didn't look that great and was only with guy friends?

So in short. How do I tell my story another way - should I avoid telling anyone anything that has happened?  When I talk I do say I know he is avoiding his true feelings for me and has put them in a box rather than acknowledge they are real and exist, which I think is ok in that I'm saying the feelings are there?  I want him to contact me or to see me and for him to realize he still very much wants me.
Also how do I turn off the thoughts of him reverting back to his old style of one night stands and drunken hookups.  I do truly believe I am the best thing that will ever happen to him and am the highest quality of relationship he will ever have, and that he is realizing this, but want all doubts to go away!

3/04/2016 10:10 am  #2

Re: Retelling your story

I usually just tell my friends that my guy and I are well! And leave it at that I don't go into anymore detail! If they pry for more information I just politely tell them that I do not like to discuss my relationships. I came to realize as I have gotten older that not everybody is for you and sometimes are even jealous and are secretly happy for your unhappiness. Just tell them you and him are well venture off in a topic. Don't discuss anything with the because it will lead you to thinking about the past and they will probably give you unwanted advice

your mouth and thoughts can block your blessings

3/04/2016 11:06 am  #3

Thanks. I'm trying hard not to talk about him. Not many know we've spoken since breaking up. With the convo we had I felt good about what he said, but now haven't talked to him aside from a brief message. That he responded to instantly. Although I did dream about it last night. What thoughts and feelings do I need? I try hard to not talk about him and to remain positive but I get down. How can I cancel negative thoughts?

What about the pics I saw - I don't want to look too much into them. But he seems to be out drinking a lot. And I was happy to see him with all guys and to not look as good as before. Is this a good thing?

3/04/2016 4:56 pm  #4

black08 wrote:

Thanks. I'm trying hard not to talk about him. Not many know we've spoken since breaking up. With the convo we had I felt good about what he said, but now haven't talked to him aside from a brief message. That he responded to instantly. Although I did dream about it last night. What thoughts and feelings do I need? I try hard to not talk about him and to remain positive but I get down. How can I cancel negative thoughts?

What about the pics I saw - I don't want to look too much into them. But he seems to be out drinking a lot. And I was happy to see him with all guys and to not look as good as before. Is this a good thing?

I would take it as a good thing. My guy looks like he put on some weight since we last spoke, maybe about 10 lbs. I saw it as a good thing because that means he's not focused on working out, taking care of himself, etc., which tells me he probably not dating anyone... crazy, I know. But that's how my mind works... LOL

3/04/2016 5:07 pm  #5

black08 wrote:

I try hard to not talk about him and to remain positive but I get down. How can I cancel negative thoughts?

I would honestly tell others that ask about him that what happened has happened in the past and that you're ready to move on from it. You can cancel negative thoughts by pushing them aside with positive, happy ones. Think of a time where you were truly happy - it can be ANYTHING and it does not have to involve your guy. Or do something that makes you happy. Watch a funny video, read a book -- do SOMETHING that takes your mind off whatever negative thought(s) are trying to invade your mind. 

Yes, this will take time to do. Yes, you CAN do it. 

"Believe in what you feel inside, and give your dreams the wings to fly
You have everything you need, if you just believe" -
Believe, Josh Groban
its hard to have a better tomorrow if you're still thinking about yesterday

3/04/2016 6:36 pm  #6

I would just be general if anyone asks, there is no need to go into specifics about anything. If someone says how are you and your guy doing, you can say something like, "oh things are going in the right direction, but let's talk about you instead!" You can shift the conversation to a different topic and talk about something else. Hopefully something really positive and fun!

3/05/2016 3:06 pm  #7

I am trying to stay positive and let it go. But letting it go has been really hard for me. I feel like I would rather not think about him at all a- but I don't know how to turn off my thoughts. How have people on here let go or turned off thoughts and had success with contact?  The last he and I were in contact it was me reaching out, but also he sent the last message. I did not respond because i didn't know what else to say - I want him to reach out to me and would appreciate guidance on that!

It would be interesting to hear from people who fully are back with their person and know what they did and how long they were apart for.

3/05/2016 5:36 pm  #8

You need to bring the focus back to YOU. There's nothing you need to do to cancel a negative thought.. except flood YOIRSELF with positive thoughts instead. And don't contact him. Work on YOU and draw that power back to yourself. Don't worry what he's doing. You don't need to creep on his social media and make panicked assumptions. Drop it. I got my guy back, but it came when I realised my focus on a text message was ridiculous. And I mean this in the nicest possible way. You have to let go of the need for a response, by busying yourself with YOUR fabulous life. When you turn your attention back to YOU and how wonderful YOU are, he will absolutely feel it. Promise.

If you imagine it in your mind..
Believe it in your heart..
Feel it in your soul..
You will hold it in your hand 💞 

3/05/2016 6:52 pm  #9

Cherished wrote:

You need to bring the focus back to YOU. There's nothing you need to do to cancel a negative thought.. except flood YOIRSELF with positive thoughts instead. And don't contact him. Work on YOU and draw that power back to yourself. Don't worry what he's doing. You don't need to creep on his social media and make panicked assumptions. Drop it. I got my guy back, but it came when I realised my focus on a text message was ridiculous. And I mean this in the nicest possible way. You have to let go of the need for a response, by busying yourself with YOUR fabulous life. When you turn your attention back to YOU and how wonderful YOU are, he will absolutely feel it. Promise.

This is so great. Thank you.

3/06/2016 11:14 am  #10

Thanks cherished. I know you're right but it still seems easier said than done. I am trying hard to work on me. I've been in a really bad place the last year or so and trying hard to get out of the depression. I really miss him, but at the same time I know I deserve to be treated amazingly and deserve complete happiness - he has capacity issues in that surface level contact with people is much easier for him. I think that's the hard part for me too - he opened up completely with me only to shut me out. I think he did it out of fear because the way he feels for me scares him. I want contact with him and to work things out. Is thinking I deserve better bad?? I wouldn't think so but I don't want to put it out there that I don't want him.... I know him or someone better but how do I get over the fear that it won't be him??

I have been told he's been having one night stands and again that everything is meaningless and surface level.  I'm trying not to care or think about it but it's hard. What can I do to not think of about it?
I know he's been drinking quite heavily too, and I think as a self medicating tool. As I said before he seems to have put on some weight and that made me happy... I feel like his actions and lifestyle are taking a toll on him. And with that I know he must be realizing what a great thing he had with me and will be sad I'm not there.
He did tell me when we last spoke it's hard for him to talk to me because with everyone else there are no feelings involved. But then the last we were interacting he said he was busy while still seemingly keeping a foot in the door as I gave him the option to tell me he doesn't want to talk at all. I don't think he was sparing my feelings by not saying no I don't want to talk, and just saying he had other things going on. Although he did say he didn't have anything to say... I feel like me not responding to him was good. - not to play games but I think he was expecting a reaction from me.

Social media is the devil in that I see activity and don't want to think too much into it. I tried deleting the whole thing for awhile but now am wondering if I should just delete him?

Lots of questions, my apologies. I feel better than I did eight months ago but I still think of him constantly and don't want to!

Board footera