Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2016 5:40 pm  #1

Why do we want our ex back?

This is a legit question.

I do love my girl BUT I think most of my motives are because the following:

1. I feel betrayed, tossed aside for another guy. I dont like losing! I am a winner!
2. I am hurt and think that having her back will make me feel better and "complete" me.
3. Confidence, self esteem, self worth and Ego took a HUGE hit from this. I dont like feeling this!
4. Sense of conquest. We want what we think is impossible or what we cannot have!
5. Loneliness
6. Reliable/guaranteed safe sexual experiences. Lets face it, as guys its nice to have our "own" to come home to.

Notice I didn't put "love" on here. Why? Because I don't think I am there yet! Can I really say I love her to the point where I want her happy without me? No I cannot. I am still too hurt by all that happened. I hope to reach that point of unconditional love for her because I believe its necessary for my own healing.

So why do you guys want your exes back? Do any of my points ring a bell? If they do, it may be a clue as to why LOA is NOT working for you in getting them back!Β 

I am a real dude. I say it as is. I dont BS.Β 

Last edited by Craigd88 (2/28/2016 5:41 pm)

Thoughts become things.

2/28/2016 5:48 pm  #2

Re: Why do we want our ex back?

This is a fabulous post! And it's so true.. my reasons were all very ego-driven. I wanted to win, and I wanted my power back Lol. You're right, I failed with that mindset. It was only when I BECAME powerful and complete and whole within myself that I could truly appreciate my guy unconditionally. And that's exactly when he started coming back.

If you imagine it in your mind..
Believe it in your heart..
Feel it in your soul..
You will hold it in your hand πŸ’žΒ 

2/28/2016 5:57 pm  #3

Cherished wrote:

This is a fabulous post! And it's so true.. my reasons were all very ego-driven. I wanted to win, and I wanted my power back Lol. You're right, I failed with that mindset. It was only when I BECAME powerful and complete and whole within myself that I could truly appreciate my guy unconditionally. And that's exactly when he started coming back.

I can say the same about me. I was ego driven and wanted my power back. I was reading your post about every time you got him you became needy. He has been calling me needy lately. He kind of said he would feel cleaner if I wasn't in his life. But when we learn to love ourselves, we become a different person. So doesn't that mean the person he wants rid of is not the loving me, but the negative me?

A King only bows down to his Queen.

2/28/2016 6:00 pm  #4

holistichealing wrote:

Cherished wrote:

I can say the same about me. I was ego driven and wanted my power back. I was reading your post about every time you got him you became needy. He has been calling me needy lately. He kind of said he would feel cleaner if I wasn't in his life. But when we learn to love ourselves, we become a different person. So doesn't that mean the person he wants rid of is not the loving me, but the negative me?

Β 
He just wants out of that vibration.

Feel it in your soul..

2/28/2016 6:01 pm  #5

Craigd88, I SO love that you're getting this!

Feel it in your soul..

2/28/2016 6:10 pm  #6

Cherished wrote:

holistichealing wrote:

Cherished wrote:

Β 
He just wants out of that vibration.

Yeah, I want out of this vibration too.

A King only bows down to his Queen.

2/28/2016 7:20 pm  #7

Cherished wrote:

Craigd88, I SO love that you're getting this!

Self introspection can take you a long way! ;)

Thoughts become things.

2/28/2016 7:22 pm  #8

Craigd88 wrote:

This is a legit question.

I do love my girl BUT I think most of my motives are because the following:

1. I feel betrayed, tossed aside for another guy. I dont like losing! I am a winner!
2. I am hurt and think that having her back will make me feel better and "complete" me.
3. Confidence, self esteem, self worth and Ego took a HUGE hit from this. I dont like feeling this!
4. Sense of conquest. We want what we think is impossible or what we cannot have!
5. Loneliness
6. Reliable/guaranteed safe sexual experiences. Lets face it, as guys its nice to have our "own" to come home to.

Notice I didn't put "love" on here. Why? Because I don't think I am there yet! Can I really say I love her to the point where I want her happy without me? No I cannot. I am still too hurt by all that happened. I hope to reach that point of unconditional love for her because I believe its necessary for my own healing.

So why do you guys want your exes back? Do any of my points ring a bell? If they do, it may be a clue as to why LOA is NOT working for you in getting them back!Β 

I am a real dude. I say it as is. I dont BS.Β 

Dude. This totally hit home for me. I'd say I check off all six of those items (getting better though). Very true post right here!
Β 

2/28/2016 7:59 pm  #9

Sam wrote:

At the start of my journey it was because I was miserable without him, I had lost myself and learned to rely on him for my happiness.

Now, after all this time, self reflection, and improvement. I want him back because I want to share my happiness with him. Losing him has been the greatest gift because it forced me to finally deal with my emotions and insecurities from the past. I'm happier than ever and who wouldn't want to share that with the one they love? 😊

I also want to be with him because it's what he deserves too. He lost the love of his life. I was his soulmate, his future wife, and by losing myself I took that away from him. He loved that I loved all the things about him he's always been insecure about. Often he told me I showed him ease and comfort he'd never known. I loved how happy I made him.

Now I'm back to myself. I'm the girl he met and fell in love with again. Not only that, but I now have the knowledge and tools to continue to improve myself, and my life. πŸ’›

You took the words right out my mouth!!! I want my lover back to also share my happiness with her and share life moments and experience life with her!! I can just see us thriving together and loving each other unconditionally! I truly believe that we deserve each other and I want to share my love with her. I know there's things she's found in me that she hasn't ever found in any other person she's been with, and I can always tell that by the way she speaks and talks about me to others and to me! it's so obvious, and I know we're the ones for each other. But most importantly I want her back to experience life with her and growing old together. Idk I just believe it and can see that happening for us. I know I can do that with other people, but I just see and believe it to be with her

Last edited by Angellynn (2/28/2016 8:14 pm)

"The past, the present, and the future are really one: They are today" Harriet Beecher Stowe"

2/28/2016 8:58 pm  #10

Omg I'm LOVING THIS!! You are all getting this so beautifully!!

Feel it in your soul..

Board footera