Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/06/2016 5:19 pm  #1

random acts of kindness thread!

this is just an idea, but i thought... one of the best ways to lift ourselves up is to help others i never feel more joy than when i am making other people happy, i feel most connected to my soul then.Β 

how about in this thread we detail our acts of kindness to other people? it could sound silly but, i think it may serve for us to inspire each other to do more for other people everyday. it seems very egotistical if we will maybe end up doing nice things for people just so we can write them here lol, but if it is like some springboard for us to automatically do more for others i think it is worth it?

we could challenge ourselves and each other to do things like
- compliment a stranger
- give up your seat for someone (not just an old person)
- bring donuts or healthy snack to work
- write a compliment to three friends on Facebook, Twitter, or by text etc
- let the person behind you at the supermarket checkout with one or two items go ahead of you
- give someone a random hug
- stop to talk to a homeless person
- tell someone how much you appreciate them

again, i feel in a certain way like it is fake to just be kind to people so you can post about it afterwards ("look how amazing and nice i am!"Β Β ) but then i think it isn't a hard switch to make to do it from the heart, even if it is for a challenge. and if we post for each other we can be inspirational to each other

if there is interest i am happy to post new kindness challenges for us to do,
we can also say any other nice things we did today for others,
and i'd really welcome for others to post their own random kindness ideas

i personally want to work on doing much more for others and would love to find more and more ways of doing that!
Β 

Last edited by dynamochick2210 (2/06/2016 5:20 pm)

Logic will get you from A to Z. Imagination will get you everywhere. - Albert Einstein

Β 

2/06/2016 5:35 pm  #2

Re: random acts of kindness thread!

I love this!

"I do random acts of kindness frequently, and my reward is an improved vibration."

I do this all the time! A few weeks ago a mentally challenged person was standing on the corner of an intersection. I was walking across the street in her direction and she reached her hand out to me and said "can you help me?" The roads had a little bit of ice in them so she was hesitant to cross. I said of course with a smile and held her hand across the road. It felt so good and I was in such a great vibration.

Sometimes I'll give change, or even just a smile makes you feel really good and happier.

Great idea dynamochock.

2/06/2016 5:38 pm  #3

Today I filled my car at the service station and as I went to pay the man in front of me had lost his credit card and ran back to his car to try and find it. So I asked the cashier to add his fuel to mine and I payed both. I ran away fast so he didn't feel awkward and when the cashier thanked me and said "what should I tell him?!" I told him to say "have a beautiful day, and next time you can pay it forward." 🌈

If you imagine it in your mind..
Believe it in your heart..
Feel it in your soul..
You will hold it in your hand πŸ’žΒ 

2/06/2016 5:42 pm  #4

And I left a post it note in a library book yesterday that said "You are truly beautiful. Smile and know it with all your heart."

Feel it in your soul..

2/06/2016 5:42 pm  #5

oh yes isn't it the nicest thing on the planet to make someone else smile! sounds like you did real good too, what if she had crossed by herself at a wrong moment and there had been an accident?

though i get embarassed, once it was raining and i gave a homeless man some money to go buy himself food, i figured he could have shelter in mcdonald's or somewhere, and he was calling out thank you miss, you're beautiful miss, such a good heart after me for such a long time until i disappeared around a corner

i'm not totally sure in terms of structure what we can do, maybe it is better if we follow a plan while also thinking up the best creative kindness ideas we can.

there's a kindness challenge at pureconfidence.co.uk that seems quite nice:

1. Write and send someone a handwritten letter.
2. Buy a lottery ticket and give it to a complete stranger or perhaps leave it on someone’s windscreen.
3. Leave some change in a parking meter or pay for someone’s toll crossing – I have done this and it is a fantastic feeling!
4. Leave change in a vending machine or buy the chocolate and leave it in the machine for the next person to find.
5. Buy a coffee for a homeless person or elderly person and have a normal conversation with them.
6. Bring in your neighbours bins.
7. Take your friends dog for a walk.
8. Give a compliment/positive feedback about your waiter or waitress to their manager.
9. Send someone a small gift anonymously.
10. Let someone jump the queue at the post office/bank/supermarket or bar.
11. Pay for the drink for the person at the next table at a bar or cafe.
12. Treat a friend without a specific reason to do so, even if it is just making them sandwiches and sharing them at lunchtime.
13. Give an extra large tip to someone when they least expect it.
14. Hold the train or lift door open for someone rushing to get in.
15. Make a home-made card and sent it to a friend.
16. Offer to babysit for some friends or new parents and start not just when their evening starts but a few hours before so they can really appreciate their time together.
17. Pick up some rubbish you see in the road.
18. Give a heartfelt compliment to a work colleague for a job well done.
19. Recommend a competitor to a potential client.
20. Smile and say good morning to a stranger.
21. Tell someone how much you love and appreciate them.
22. Leave a copy of a well loved book you have read on a train or bus for someone else to read.
23. Buy an inspirational book for a friend.
24. Send a thank you note to someone who has made a difference to your life.
25. Buy a book from a random Amazon Gift List.
26. Donate to a random charity page on Justgiving and wish the person good luck.
27. Bake someone a cake or some biscuits.
28. Contact a friend you haven’t seen for a while and remind them of a happy memory from your shared past.
29. Call a grandparent or elderly relative for a chat.
30. ????

hmmmmm i'm not sure lol, how we can structure it if there are enough of us wanting to do this.Β 

to be honest some are things you would do anyway (holding a door open um? of course!), and i'm not sure we should be forced to do things either

Last edited by dynamochick2210 (2/06/2016 5:45 pm)

Logic will get you from A to Z. Imagination will get you everywhere. - Albert Einstein

Β 

2/06/2016 5:43 pm  #6

Cherished wrote:

Today I filled my car at the service station and as I went to pay the man in front of me had lost his credit card and ran back to his car to try and find it. So I asked the cashier to add his fuel to mine and I payed both. I ran away fast so he didn't feel awkward and when the cashier thanked me and said "what should I tell him?!" I told him to say "have a beautiful day, and next time you can pay it forward." 🌈

awww reading these also gave me such warm fuzzy feelings!!!!!!!!!!

Β 

2/06/2016 5:44 pm  #7

Let's do one a week! Either from the list or self inspired, and share with each other?

Feel it in your soul..

2/06/2016 5:47 pm  #8

sounds good! we can just post anything inspiring any time we feel like it on top of that as well
i definitely can't do all of these (like work - recommend a competitor, noo i am busy with schoolwork still!) and i don't like following things that are too rigid anyway, let's go with the flow!

Β 

2/06/2016 6:00 pm  #9

dynamochick2210 wrote:

oh yes isn't it the nicest thing on the planet to make someone else smile! sounds like you did real good too, what if she had crossed by herself at a wrong moment and there had been an accident?

though i get embarassed, once it was raining and i gave a homeless man some money to go buy himself food, i figured he could have shelter in mcdonald's or somewhere, and he was calling out thank you miss, you're beautiful miss, such a good heart after me for such a long time until i disappeared around a corner

i'm not totally sure in terms of structure what we can do, maybe it is better if we follow a plan while also thinking up the best creative kindness ideas we can.

Β 
All I know is I helped her when she needed me. Writing about is good but the act itself is so rewarding.

Wow you're a great person dynamochick

Cherished's (hard to pronounce. Cherishedeshes), her idea sounds good. And that should be easy too with that list as a reference.

Last edited by Infinite (2/06/2016 6:02 pm)

2/06/2016 6:16 pm  #10

Cherished wrote:

Β 
That's awesome!

Who are you guys? Haha.

Board footera