Veronica's Law of Attraction Forum - veronicaislescoaching.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/05/2018 4:54 pm  #1

Do your visualizations feel like a chore?

Hey! This is Imagination.

Are you struggling with visualization? Keep reading!

First, let me tell you this: you are already visualizing! Why is that? Because we can’t stop THINKING. The thing is, what we CALL visualizing is the act of directing our focus, or, in Neville Goddard’s words “the movements of our attention”. When you build an imaginary scene in your mind, you are just paying attention and controlling what’s going on in that scene and that’s it. You are CONSCIOUSLY IMAGINING. However, the rest of the time we are doing the exact same thing, but UNCONSCIOUSLY.   

Some of you sees visualization as a chore and I completely understand it. I know, sometimes sitting down quietly and breathing slowly until reach Alpha (or even Theta) state seems the worst work of the world, there are times when it’s sucks and you simply don’t wanna do it. I get it.

I have good news for you:

YOU DON’T NEED TO VISUALIZE THIS WAY.

I mean, you simply don’t need to spend 30 minutes quietly trying to reach a special state of mind and then build a scene. You can do it if you want and it works perfectly, I’m not saying it’s wrong. But FOR THOSE who don’t have time or patience, or find it boring, there’s another strategy.

You are going to PLAY with the IDEAS, in other words, you’re going to DAYDREAM.  

Have you ever thought of HOW we make “bad things” happen to us sometimes? I’ve never seen someone sitting down quietly, breathing slowly, reaching Alpha state, just to imagine breakups, cheatings, divorces, etc, have you? So if we don’t consciously make an “effort” to create a bad scene, how the hell we end up manifesting some of the things we fear?

WE DAYDREAM ABOUT IT!

Daydreaming is just another form of visualization.

Example: When you are anxious and fearful about something, your thoughts start to run wild, building tragic scenarios and, before you know it, you are living in a bad story inside your mind, feeling all the bad emotions related to it, right? You know, living in the “bad end”. That is daydreaming. And it’s very powerful, otherwise we would never manifest bad things, since we never visualize them in a meditative state.

More good news: YOU CAN DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE!

Many people think that being in a meditative state is a RULE to manifestation. No, it isn’t. Your subconscious mind responds to your EMOTIONS, in other words, the more you feel emotions related to what you want, the more you CONVINCE the subconscious that it’s really happening. That’s why you end up manifesting bad things if you insist in feeling bad emotions. Your mind takes it as true. The meditative state is a strategy to focus because when you are in Alpha or Theta, you are much calmer and have less “thought traffic” in your mind. This helps you handle your thoughts better and direct them to create the situations you want. But the emotions are the Big Bosses.

Now, how to daydream about what you want:

Now it’s time to have some fun! Take this weight of “having to sit quiet for half an hour every day” out of your shoulders, you don’t have to do that if you don't want to. Manifestation is supposed to be FUN!

What you wanna do is simply ask yourself “WHAT IF this and that happened right now?” And by “right now” I mean, exactly now! You’re going to play exactly with what you’re doing. I don’t want you to visualize you’re somewhere else, doing something completely different; Let's keep it easy. I want you to play INSIDE your context.

Let’s use the Specific Person/Ex Back situation:  

Let’s say you are now watching a movie: what if your person is exactly there with you? Just cuddle with them. What parts of their body are in contact with yours? Feel the sensation of that contact. Those areas are a little bit warmer because they’re touching. Caress their hair. Hear their laughter watching the funny parts of the movie. Hear they jealously complaining when you comment that you find that actor/actress beautiful. You don’t have to look at them, keep watching the movie, they’re beside you.

You’re driving home or going home by bus (whatever): Put them in the context. They are with you inside the vehicle. What would they say about the weather? The traffic? Are they nervous? Are they willing to get home fast to pee? Let your mind play!

You’re walking in a park or beach: They’re walking beside you. Hold their hand. Don’t put an effort to “see” them. Instead of that, use your imaginary touch. Put ALL YOUR ATTENTION to how their hand feels holding yours. Shape, texture and temperature. After all they’re walking BESIDE you, not in front of you, so you don’t need to see them. Just keep walking. What they are saying? Do they like this place? First time there? Are they hungry? You know, DAILY LIFE. Don’t overthink it.

You’re taking a shower (I love this one): This time you can close your eyes. Feel their slippery body in contact with yours. Slowly rub soap onto their body. Feel it with your imaginary sense of touch. Do this with love and appreciation. If it gets sexual, just let it be. Remember, keep it nice and simple. Have fun.

I think you got it. Play with daily life contexts, with things you already do, WHILE you are doing them! And let the emotions come.

And by emotions I mean, any good emotion related to the situation. Some people think that “emotion” is just crying, so if they’re not willing to cry, it’s wrong. No. If you wanna laugh, then laugh; if you just feel a relief, let it be; if you feel sexually aroused, keep it up, etc. Remember, your mind believes in emotions.

Also, a good trick is to keep a grin on your face, I mean a physical grin, for real. It will help you stimulate the emotions because your brain associates smile with good feelings. So even if it’s fake at the beginning, do it. The real feeling will come eventually. And the big irony is that, before you know it, you’ll be so inside the scene that you’ll have been reached Alpha state due to your laser focus.

By the way, do you wanna know what’s more fun? If you keep playing with these ideas, without the “obligation” to do it, just for the fun of feeling it, you’ll eventually want to do it more an more. AND you’ll also end up feeling good about sitting quiet and meditate for half an hour. : )

Hope that helps!

Keep the faith. Keep the fun!

"The flower doesn't dream of the bee. It blossoms and the bee comes." - Mark Nepo

12/07/2018 7:01 pm  #2

Re: Do your visualizations feel like a chore?

Thanks for this post, it was motivating. It’s really useful to think of it in the way that we don’t actively visualize negative manifestations, and the background thoughts are causing a lot of what we create. And after reading this, the same topic came up in a lot of detail in a book that I’m reading at the moment.

The thing I’m still not sure of is, the part of it that makes it seem like a chore for me isn’t dedicating time to it, isn’t a case of finding it boring or any of that...I used to spend several hours a day meditating during a phase when I was able to form the images in my mind easier (except the intention wasn’t for manifesting so wasn’t used in that way)...

The thing that I want to improve is the actual forming of the images, of sounds, of the sense of touch, of the things being in 3D space, of continuous movement etc. Sometimes it just feels like my imagination doesn’t work which leaves me feeling without power.

Even in daydreaming, what you are describing is making use of the sensory vividness to make it feel real. Some people say that if it’s unclear, it doesn’t matter and it still works. In my experience, it’s much easier to create the emotions when things are vivid, because it feels real, and as we know, feeling is the secret

So although there are times when it catches me by surprise and I can do it well, that feels like leaving it to chance and isn’t consciously creating, just waiting for these moments to come up. This is what I want to improve because it’s our most natural right, to be able to imagine, and I don’t know what happens to some of us that has made it stop being easy.

Last edited by Aquilina (12/07/2018 7:03 pm)

"We imagine the wish fulfilled and carry on mental conversations from that premise. Through controlled inner talking from premises of fulfilled desire, seeming miracles are performed". - Neville Goddard, Awakened Imagination, Chapter Five

12/08/2018 5:31 am  #3

Yess I have started practicing visualization this way. Meditation sometimes feel more like work. Do listening to subliminal helps . I have seen so many videos on YouTube under which there are so many positive comments.
Do they increase manifestation process ?

12/10/2018 2:27 am  #4

Imagination wrote:

Hey! This is Imagination.

Are you struggling with visualization? Keep reading!

First, let me tell you this: you are already visualizing! Why is that? Because we can’t stop THINKING. The thing is, what we CALL visualizing is the act of directing our focus, or, in Neville Goddard’s words “the movements of our attention”. When you build an imaginary scene in your mind, you are just paying attention and controlling what’s going on in that scene and that’s it. You are CONSCIOUSLY IMAGINING. However, the rest of the time we are doing the exact same thing, but UNCONSCIOUSLY.   

Some of you sees visualization as a chore and I completely understand it. I know, sometimes sitting down quietly and breathing slowly until reach Alpha (or even Theta) state seems the worst work of the world, there are times when it’s sucks and you simply don’t wanna do it. I get it.

I have good news for you:

YOU DON’T NEED TO VISUALIZE THIS WAY.

I mean, you simply don’t need to spend 30 minutes quietly trying to reach a special state of mind and then build a scene. You can do it if you want and it works perfectly, I’m not saying it’s wrong. But FOR THOSE who don’t have time or patience, or find it boring, there’s another strategy.

You are going to PLAY with the IDEAS, in other words, you’re going to DAYDREAM.  

Have you ever thought of HOW we make “bad things” happen to us sometimes? I’ve never seen someone sitting down quietly, breathing slowly, reaching Alpha state, just to imagine breakups, cheatings, divorces, etc, have you? So if we don’t consciously make an “effort” to create a bad scene, how the hell we end up manifesting some of the things we fear?

WE DAYDREAM ABOUT IT!

Daydreaming is just another form of visualization.

Example: When you are anxious and fearful about something, your thoughts start to run wild, building tragic scenarios and, before you know it, you are living in a bad story inside your mind, feeling all the bad emotions related to it, right? You know, living in the “bad end”. That is daydreaming. And it’s very powerful, otherwise we would never manifest bad things, since we never visualize them in a meditative state.

More good news: YOU CAN DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE!

Many people think that being in a meditative state is a RULE to manifestation. No, it isn’t. Your subconscious mind responds to your EMOTIONS, in other words, the more you feel emotions related to what you want, the more you CONVINCE the subconscious that it’s really happening. That’s why you end up manifesting bad things if you insist in feeling bad emotions. Your mind takes it as true. The meditative state is a strategy to focus because when you are in Alpha or Theta, you are much calmer and have less “thought traffic” in your mind. This helps you handle your thoughts better and direct them to create the situations you want. But the emotions are the Big Bosses.

Now, how to daydream about what you want:

Now it’s time to have some fun! Take this weight of “having to sit quiet for half an hour every day” out of your shoulders, you don’t have to do that if you don't want to. Manifestation is supposed to be FUN!

What you wanna do is simply ask yourself “WHAT IF this and that happened right now?” And by “right now” I mean, exactly now! You’re going to play exactly with what you’re doing. I don’t want you to visualize you’re somewhere else, doing something completely different; Let's keep it easy. I want you to play INSIDE your context.

Let’s use the Specific Person/Ex Back situation:  

Let’s say you are now watching a movie: what if your person is exactly there with you? Just cuddle with them. What parts of their body are in contact with yours? Feel the sensation of that contact. Those areas are a little bit warmer because they’re touching. Caress their hair. Hear their laughter watching the funny parts of the movie. Hear they jealously complaining when you comment that you find that actor/actress beautiful. You don’t have to look at them, keep watching the movie, they’re beside you.

You’re driving home or going home by bus (whatever): Put them in the context. They are with you inside the vehicle. What would they say about the weather? The traffic? Are they nervous? Are they willing to get home fast to pee? Let your mind play!

You’re walking in a park or beach: They’re walking beside you. Hold their hand. Don’t put an effort to “see” them. Instead of that, use your imaginary touch. Put ALL YOUR ATTENTION to how their hand feels holding yours. Shape, texture and temperature. After all they’re walking BESIDE you, not in front of you, so you don’t need to see them. Just keep walking. What they are saying? Do they like this place? First time there? Are they hungry? You know, DAILY LIFE. Don’t overthink it.

You’re taking a shower (I love this one): This time you can close your eyes. Feel their slippery body in contact with yours. Slowly rub soap onto their body. Feel it with your imaginary sense of touch. Do this with love and appreciation. If it gets sexual, just let it be. Remember, keep it nice and simple. Have fun.

I think you got it. Play with daily life contexts, with things you already do, WHILE you are doing them! And let the emotions come.

And by emotions I mean, any good emotion related to the situation. Some people think that “emotion” is just crying, so if they’re not willing to cry, it’s wrong. No. If you wanna laugh, then laugh; if you just feel a relief, let it be; if you feel sexually aroused, keep it up, etc. Remember, your mind believes in emotions.

Also, a good trick is to keep a grin on your face, I mean a physical grin, for real. It will help you stimulate the emotions because your brain associates smile with good feelings. So even if it’s fake at the beginning, do it. The real feeling will come eventually. And the big irony is that, before you know it, you’ll be so inside the scene that you’ll have been reached Alpha state due to your laser focus.

By the way, do you wanna know what’s more fun? If you keep playing with these ideas, without the “obligation” to do it, just for the fun of feeling it, you’ll eventually want to do it more an more. AND you’ll also end up feeling good about sitting quiet and meditate for half an hour. : )

Hope that helps!

Keep the faith. Keep the fun!

Its so true

12/10/2018 2:36 am  #5

Anita you've just mentioned things we fear. So fearing something could be a form of visualisation regardless of whether or not you get in an alpha state and listen to sea breeze music to deliberately think of it.

Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons.

Board footera